Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If your needs go beyond simple triggering, you need the PocketWizard MultiMAX II Transceiver, the most advanced wireless triggering system available. With thirty-two Standard Channels and four separately controllable zones, as well as 20 ControlTL Channels with three zones, the MultiMAX II Transceiver is the ideal solution for working in crowded venues or with multiple lighting set-ups.
Featuring sophisticated trigger time control functions and transceiver communication capabilities such as Infinite Intervalometer, SpeedCycler and Long Range Mode, the MultiMAX II Transceiver unleashes unlimited creative possibilities for the professional or serious amateur photographer.
Thirty-two Standard Channels, Twenty ControlTL Channels
Creatively control groups of lights or cameras. Work in crowded venues or with multiple flash set-ups.
Manual Power Control
Remotely adjust the manual power settings of your ControlTL compatible flashes in up to three zones. You can have as many flashes in each group as you want.
Activate or deactivate electronic flash units and/or cameras wirelessly in 4 separately controllable zones (ABCD) without leaving the camera position
Acts as a transmitter and receiver, triggering both camera and flash from up to 500 meters (1600 ft) away. Upon receiving a signal from a remote transmitter, the on-camera receiver automatically switches instantaneously to transmit mode and signals the remote flash units to fire in sync with the camera.
True Trigger Confirmation
Verifies each successful triggering and indicates misfires via audio and/or visual confirmation signals. No separate transmitter/receiver system can do this.
Works with all PocketWizard radios on the same frequency including PocketWizard OEM Partner products like Sekonic meters and Profoto, Bowens, Calumet, Dynalite, Lumedyne, Norman and Photogenic flash packs. Available sync cables support all major brands of flash equipment in lengths up to 4.8 meters (16 ft). A variety of dedicated camera triggering cables are also available.
Long Range Mode
When extra distance is needed, especially for remote camera triggering, Long Range Mode can provide up to 100% more range. This feature is found particularly useful by photographers shooting in sports arenas, photographing wildlife and using it for other challenging remote camera applications such as aerial photography.
Close Range Mode
Reduces the transmit power of the MultiMAX II radio when it is in Transmit mode. This mode is useful if you have a receiver very close to your transmitter (within a few feet), such as on a basketball net, studio shoots, macro photography or table top product shoots.
Noise Sniffer and Signal Strength Indicator
Are tools for troubleshooting RF noise. The Noise Sniffer shows the ambient and peak radio noise for the channel and frequency displayed.
The Signal Strength Indicator (Receive Only) performs two functions:
- If a MultiMAX II radio has NOT been triggered, it acts as a Noise Meter and indicates steady noise in the area.
- If your radio has been triggered, the Signal Strength Indicator shows the strength of the last trigger received.
This is useful to gain a quick view of the local noise level in the area you intend to shoot in so you can pick a channel with less interfering noise.
If the above tools indicate excessive RF interference on your Custom ID’s frequency, you have the option to Move your Custom ID to any PocketWizard frequency for better triggering in crowded shooting environments. What is a Custom ID? It is a private digital code that no one can trigger but you. It is offered as a premium service by PocketWizard.
Radio Relay (Repeater) Mode (Receive Only)
Allows photographers to add another MultiMAX II radio to increase range. It receives and transmits on the same channel. This mode is valuable to extend the maximum range of a MultiMAX II in any radio environment. If you are shooting in a RF noisy environment such as a sports arena, and your current range is 200 feet, add another MultiMAX II radio in Radio Relay Mode and gain another 200 feet. This mode is also helpful when shooting wildlife. If your current range is 800 feet because of trees and you would like to be a minimum of 2000 feet away from your subject, add two more MultiMAX II radios to your system and increase your range.
Capture ambient streaks of light at slow shutter speeds, even for cameras without this feature. Delay the sync time to fire the electronic flash unit near the end of the exposure, with precision of 1/10,000th of a second. Includes pre-programmed shutter speeds of 1 to 1/60th of a second, with additional setting configurable via the MultiMAX IIs delay time adjustment screen.
Perform time-lapse imaging to photograph events as they unfold. Capture an infinite amount of images over an infinite amounto of time.
Adds depth-of-field to images or generates stroboscopic motion images. Allows your flash to be fired up to 10,000 times on the same exposure while waiting for a user programmed recycle time, from 1/100th to 10 minutes, between pops.
Precision Delay Times
Custom set in transmit mode for remote units and/or port 2 on the MultiMAX II. In receiver mode, precision delay offers delay sequencing or camera/flash synchronization.
SpeedCycler - IMPROVED!
Perform sequential triggering for up to sixteen cameras or sixteen fl ashes. Ideal for multi-angle camera shots and reducing recycle time in fast-paced photo shoots by triggering the next fl ash in line while the previous fl ash is recharging. It works with any PocketWizard radio as a receiver, including the PlusX, for up to 10 fl ashes. It can be used for remote camera sequences, too. Tailor-made for capturing a bouquet toss, roller derby crash, or any other high speed moments you want to capture.
Lag Time Equalizer Software
Measures reaction time between camera trigger signal to shutter firing. This lag time is used to synchronize single or multiple cameras and strobes to fire in unison, with measurable accuracy to 1/10,000th of a second.
Achieve trigger-response times as short as 1/3000th of a second for reliable top-end sync speeds of 1/500th for focal plane shutters and 1/1000th for leaf shutters.
A sturdy lock-ring for hot shoes ensure a secure fit to your camera or bracket or use the ¼ 20 mount or lanyard.
Fast set-up - Simply power up, choose a channel, connect a flash cable and start shooting.
Easy-to-read blue backlit LCD display and rubberized keypad allows quick setting adjustments and confirmation of camera and flash status. Display and buttons can be backlit with the push of a button. Locking keypad eliminates unintended setting changes. Default settings can be quickly restored.
Trigger lights or cameras at a sustained rate of up to 12 FPS.
Compatible with virtually every popular flash and professional camera. Available miniphone connector cables support all major brands of lighting equipment in lengths up to 16'. A variety of dedicated remote camera triggering cables are also available.
2 AA batteries, with a typical life of approximately 60 hours. An optional AC adapter is available.
FCC MultiMAX II Transceivers operate on an uncrowded frequency band of 344.00 to 354.00 MHz. CE MultiMAX Transcievers operate on 433.42 to 434.42 frequency.
In The Box
- Pocketwizard MultiMAX II Transceiver
- Quick Guide
- Stereo 3.mm (1/8") miniphone to miniphone cable
- Mono 3.5mm miniphone to locking PC cable
- Stereo 3.5mm miniphone to 6.3mm (1/4") adapter
See more by PocketWizard
|Memory Card Type||No|
FCC/IC model: 344.00 - 354.00 MHz North America
CE model: 433.42 - 434.42 MHz
16 Original Classic channels, 1 - 16
16 Quad-Triggering channels, 17 - 32
20 ControlTL channels (3 for CE)
Up to 1/125th in ControlTL Mode
Up to 1/250th (focal plane), 1/500 in FAST MODE
Up to 1/500th (leaf shutter), 1/1000 in FAST MODE
Up to 1/1000th (w/certain digital cameras)
|Maximum Shooting Rate*:||
12 Frames Per Second (FPS)
* dependent on flash power settings
A - B - C - D
Compatible with other PocketWizard radios with Quad-Zone Triggering channels
|Antenna:||Precision tuned, flexible, external, coiled|
|Display:||Backlit 3.5cm (1.375") liquid crystal display (LCD)|
Up to 500 meters (1600 feet) in normal mode
Up to 1000 meters (3200 feet) in long range mode
Actual range is dependent on multiple factors including equipment, mode, environment, positioning, orientation and interference.
Up to 14.5 frames per second (FPS)
Two (2) AA (IEC:LR6) alkaline recommended
NiMH, NiCAD, NiZn, Lithium acceptable (these chemistries may not report battery life accurately)
USB (optional AC adapter PW-AC-USB available)
Optional AC Adapter - US/FCC only
5 VDC regulated, 0.2 A (200 milliamp) or higher (recommended)
|Battery Life:||Up to 50 hours (with alkaline batteries)|
|Max Port Voltage:||100 VDC|
USB 2.0 Mini-B Connector
|Housing:||Custom molded, high impact plastic with captive battery door|
||153 grams (5.4 ounces) with alkaline batteries installed|
Height: 10.2cm (4") body only
Height: 16.5cm (6.5") with antenna
Width: 5.5cm (2.1")
Depth: 3.7cm (1.4")
Above -15 degrees C (5 degrees F) and below 50 decrees C (120 degrees F)
|Storage Temperature:||Above -30 degrees C (-22 degrees F) and below 85 degrees C (185 degrees F) (without batteries)|
3.5mm (1/8") mono miniphone jack
Hot Shoe; USB Port; 4-pin miniphone ACC jack
|Mounting:||Hot shoe, lanyard/D-Ring loop, 1/4-20 female threaded insert|
Contact Time: up to 999.99 seconds or 16 minutes, 39.99 seconds (min .01 sec.)
Delay Time: up to 9.9999 seconds (min. 0001 sec.)
|Infinite Intervalometer:||Infinite exposures from 1 second to 100 hours apart|
|Multi-Pop||999.99 seconds, or 16 minutes, 39.99 seconds (min .01 sec.)|
|Accuracy:||Timing is repeatable within +/-0.0001 or 1/10,000th of a second|
|Counter:||9999 triggers (min 0)|
|Pre-set rear curtain delays:||1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/15, 1/30, and 1/60th shutter speed|
|In the Box:||
Stereo 3.mm (1/8") miniphone to miniphone cable
Mono 3.5mm miniphone to locking PC cable
Stereo 3.5mm miniphone to 6.3mm (1/4") adapter
|Optional Accessories:||Isolation bar, trigger buttons, camera motor drive cables, PC cables and adapters, flash sync cables and protective case|
We understand that your shipping options can sometimes be confusing and you may have questions. We hope that this explanation helps to clarify how your item will arrive to you. Above all, we make every effort to save you money and get your product to you quickly and in fantastic condition.
Shipping information for products on robertscamera.com and usedphotopro.com:
- Your order of new products over $100 will ship free of charge. The free shipping method will come via the standard method of our choice of carrier.
- All USED items in condition ‘GOOD’ or better ship free regardless of price
- Our $100 order total is calculated after all rebates, coupon codes and additional discounts have been applied. Gift cards, freight charges and taxes do not count towards the $100 total.
- *Exceptions to this rule – exceptionally large items (ex: large bags, savage paper, etc.) that are dimensionally weighted by our shipping carriers will not qualify for free shipping and will incur shipping charges
- *Free shipping applies only to the contiguous 48 states. Orders to Alaska, Hawaii, and international locations do not qualify for our free shipping promotions.
- *Any upgraded or expedited shipping choice by the customer will incur an additional charge
- *Items that are special order or drop-shipped from our manufacturers and vendors may be ineligible for free shipping
- *Used items in FAIR or INOPERABLE condition are not eligible for free shipping
- PO Boxes are NOT eligible for free shipping
Due to an increased risk of fraud in the electronics industry, most items ship with signature required on delivery.
The Carriers We Use
We will ship your order in the most cost effective manner available to us.
We utilize multiple carriers to get you the best rate. Those options include, but are not limited to:
- Ground Delivery
- 3rd Day
- 2nd Day
- Next Day
- Home Delivery
- Ground Delivery
- 3rd Day
- 2nd Day
- Next Day
- First Class Mail
- Media Mail
- Priority Mail
- Priority Mail Express
A Few Additional Things To Note
- Shipments to PO boxes can only be shipped via US Postal Service
- PO Boxes are NOT eligible for free shipping
- International shipments may incur additional shipping charges. You will be notified via email of those charges and you can chose at that time to accept or decline. Taxes, duties and other fees may be charged by your destination country. Roberts is not responsible for those fees, nor does Roberts have the ability to estimate those fees. You will be charged all shipping and additional fees associated with any item returned because of non-delivery. This includes but is not limited to: Failure to pay said duties and taxes, incorrect address, not available to receive package in timely manner resulting in package being returned to Roberts or Used Photo Pro.
- Gift cards are sent via electronic delivery only, and an email will be sent with gift card information
- You will receive an email with your order tracking number once your order has shipped
- Order cut-off times:
- Monday – Friday: Your order will ship same day if your order is placed by 1:00pm EST
- Saturday/Sunday: Any order placed after 1pm on Friday will ship on Monday
ALL ORDERS ARE SUBJECT TO APPROVAL BY OUR PROCESSING DEPARTMENT. WE WILL NOTIFY YOU IN A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME IF YOUR ORDER MAY BE DELAYED.
Our Return PoliciesFor the first 14 days do not complete your manufacturer's warranty cards!
At Roberts Camera / UsedPhotoPro, we understand that sometimes you might have a change of heart and decide that you need to return your product. Therefore, we are proud to offer a 14-day Hassle Free Return Policy. If you would like to return your purchase within fourteen (14) days of receiving it, please contact our customer service department so that we may assist you and issue you a return authorization. Sending merchandise without authorization may delay your return. Items returned must be in the same condition that they were received and must include all items (including box and accessories) that they shipped with in order to be eligible for a full refund.
- All returned merchandise must be accompanied by a sales receipt and be returned within 14 days of purchase.
- All used items over $1500.00 are subject to a 15% restocking fee.
- No refunds or exchanges on special order merchandise.
- All merchandise must be returned in its original packaging. If a warranty card was included, it must be returned BLANK and not completed. Once the warranty card is completed, we cannot help you by exchanging your item and any problems will have to be handled as warranty claims with the manufacturer.
- Merchandise purchased 'As Is' may not be returned for any reason.
- After 14 days, products in new condition will be subject to manufacturer's warranty and the warranty card included with your product should be consulted for information on getting your product serviced or replaced. Roberts Camera will happily mediate this process for you. If you so desire, see our Repair Policies below for more details.
- After 14 days, merchandise cannot be returned to Roberts as new stock.
- After 14 days, functional products may be returned to us as used stock. The value you will be offered for products in this case will be determined by current used market value. To request a quote on the value of your used gear, please click here
- Sales of all sensitized materials including film, paper, video and audio tape are final. There will be no returns, refunds or exchanges on these items.
- Drones: No returns on drones unless due to manufacturer defect. If defective, they must return prior to 7 business days of receiving the item. All repairs on DJI drones must go through dji.com.
Initiate a Return
If there are any questions or problems with your order, please feel free to contact your salesperson or the following web services departments directly, as we will work to get you completely taken care of:
- If your product was ordered via robertscamera.com - please contact us at 1-800-726-5544 or email@example.com to process your return
- If your product was ordered via usedphotopro.com or our eBay store - please contact us at 317-917-7055 or firstname.lastname@example.org to process your return
- If your product was ordered via Amazon, please contact us at email@example.com
- If you have a product that you need to return due to initial defect or otherwise, please call us at 1-800-726-5544 to obtain a Return Authorization Number (RA#). If an RA# is not obtained, it may delay any credits or replacements requested.
We know that during the holiday season, you might be purchasing some gifts that cannot always be properly tested out within our standard 14 day return policy. That is why during the holiday season we offer an extended return policy for your convenience! For any purchase made between Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve, please indicate in the gift message area that your purchase is a gift. This will qualify you to return any purchase made during the holiday season NO LATER THAN JANUARY 10th. Your item must be in the same condition that is was received and be returned with the receipt as well as the original packaging to receive a full refund. After January 10th, merchandise cannot be returned to Roberts as new stock. All other return policies apply.
Our Rewards Program
Roberts and UsedPhotoPro appreciate all of our customers very much. We know that you have many, many choices when you shop and we are grateful that you have chosen to place your trust in us. And to reward you for that, we think that you should get a little something back when you shop with us! Therefore, we are very pleased to roll out an updated rewards program to not only say thank you for shopping with us, but also to thank you for sharing us with your friends and family!
Our rewards program gives you the opportunity to earn real money towards your next purchase through signing up for an account with us, shopping, leaving reviews, sharing your purchases and favorite products on Twitter, Facebook or Pinterest, and much, much more. (Hint: We make it pretty easy to earn these points...so take advantage!)
$100 = 100 Points = $1 Spent Earned Cash back
Here are a few rules and then check out our handy chart below to see how you can start earning rewards points today!
- You earn 100 points for every $100 that you spend!
- 100 points = $1 cash back to you!
- Points must be used within 6 months from the date earned, at this point they will expire and you will no longer be able to redeem them.
- There is no limit on how many points you can redeem at a time!
- You must have an account with us to earn and redeem points.
- Not all orders and purchases with Roberts will qualify to earn reward points. Purchases made for business, corporate, government or EDU accounts may not qualify for points and orders placed over the phone may not qualify. Roberts reserves the right to modify this reward policy at any time.
- Rewards points may not be used to purchase gift cards for Roberts Camera or UsedPhotoPro
Points Limits Create an Account (required to earn points) 250 One-time Send a product to a friend 5 Unlimited Have a birthday (must provide a birthday in your account) 100 Once a year automatically Like, tweet, or pin a product page 5 2 per day each Share a purchase on FB or Twitter 10 Once per day each
How We Handle Preorders
We do our best to reflect the price you will be charged to complete your purchase once stock arrives, but due to occasional changes from our manufacturers prices are subject to change until we have the item ready for delivery.
- Your preorder with Roberts adds your name to a waitlist for this equipment. You do not have to pay any money to be added to our waitlist.
- When this product arrives in our warehouse, we will contact you directly to determine if you would like to move forward with the purchase of this product.
- At that time, you will be provided with pricing and a delivery time frame.