- About This Purchase
- Why Buy From Roberts?
- Need more help?
Shop with Confidence
Roberts is proud to provide (at no cost to you) a Norton shopping guarantee with every order. This service provides identity theft protection, a $1000 purchase guarantee and a lowest price guarantee through a trusted third party so that you can feel safe buying from us whether you are a new customer or a returning friend!
Buy Now, Pay Later
We are pleased to offer financing options to qualifying customers provided by FuturePay. FuturePay makes it easy to purchase the items you want and pay them off in convenient monthly payments. Please note this financing is provided by FuturePay and you can learn more about their services and financing terms here.
We know that you have choices when you shop, but here is the Roberts difference:
- We have been family owned and operated for over 60 years!
- We treat our customers like family and we work to build a relationship with you that is based on understanding and meeting your needs as a photographer.
- Customer service is our NUMBER ONE priority! Don't believe us? Check out the over 6300 5 Star reviews from customers that have purchased with us!
- We have a team of the most knowledgeable professionals in the business and many of them have been with us for over 20 years!
- We have one of the largest selections of used camera equipment in the country!
Finding The Right Gear Can Be Hard
If you have any questions or need more help, you can call us at 1-800-726-5544 during normal business hours and talk to a live person. Or, if you're on a desktop or tablet, you can use our live web chat normal business hours as well. We are here to help you make sure your purchase is the right one, no matter what your experience level or needs.
About the Audio-Technica AT897 Condenser Mic
This high-performance short shotgun offers outstanding long-distance audio pickup due to narrow acceptance angle of line + gradient design. It also features smooth, natural-sounding on-axis audio quality and excellent off-axis rejection of sound arriving from the sides and rear of mic.
- Designed for video production and broadcast (ENG/EFP) audio acquisition
- Short length (11") ensures mic stays out of the shot -- even when used with compact digital cameras
- Smooth, natural-sounding on-axis audio quality
- Provides the narrow acceptance angle desirable for long-distance sound pickup
- Excellent sound rejection from the sides and rear of mic
- Switchable low-frequency roll-off
- Operates on battery or phantom power
- RoHS compliant?free from all substances specified in the EU directive on hazardous substances
|ELEMENT||Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser|
|POLAR PATTERNS||Line + gradient|
|FREQUENCY RESPONSE||20-20,000 Hz|
|LOW FREQUENCY ROLL-OFF||80 Hz, 12 dB/octave|
|OPEN CIRCUIT SENSITIVITY||Phantom: -40 dB (10.0 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa|
Battery: -41 dB (8.9 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
|MAXIMUM INPUT SOUND LEVEL||Phantom: 129 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.|
Battery: 115 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
|DYNAMIC RANGE (typical)||Phantom: 112 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL|
Battery: 98 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
|SIGNAL-TO-NOISE RATIO||77 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa|
|PHANTOM POWER REQUIREMENTS||11-52V DC, 2 mA typical|
|BATTERY TYPE||1.5V AA/UM3|
|BATTERY CURRENT / LIFE||0.4 mA / 1200 hours typical (alkaline)|
|SWITCH||Flat, roll-off (recessed)|
|WEIGHT||5.1 oz (145 g)|
|DIMENSIONS||10.98" (279.0 mm) long, 0.83" (21.0 mm) diameter|
|OUTPUT CONNECTOR||Integral 3-pin XLRM-type|
|ACCESSORIES FURNISHED||AT8405a stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; AT8134 windscreen; battery; 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter; protective carrying case|
|AUDIO-TECHNICA CASE STYLE||SG2|