- About This Purchase
- Why Buy From Roberts?
- Need more help?
Shop with Confidence
Roberts is proud to provide (at no cost to you) a Norton shopping guarantee with every order. This service provides identity theft protection, a $1000 purchase guarantee and a lowest price guarantee through a trusted third party so that you can feel safe buying from us whether you are a new customer or a returning friend!
Buy Now, Pay Later
We are pleased to offer financing options to qualifying customers provided by FuturePay. FuturePay makes it easy to purchase the items you want and pay them off in convenient monthly payments. Please note this financing is provided by FuturePay and you can learn more about their services and financing terms here.
We know that you have choices when you shop, but here is the Roberts difference:
- We have been family owned and operated for over 60 years!
- We treat our customers like family and we work to build a relationship with you that is based on understanding and meeting your needs as a photographer.
- Customer service is our NUMBER ONE priority! Don't believe us? Check out the over 6300 5 Star reviews from customers that have purchased with us!
- We have a team of the most knowledgeable professionals in the business and many of them have been with us for over 20 years!
- We have one of the largest selections of used camera equipment in the country!
Finding The Right Gear Can Be Hard
If you have any questions or need more help, you can call us at 1-800-726-5544 during normal business hours and talk to a live person. Or, if you're on a desktop or tablet, you can use our live web chat normal business hours as well. We are here to help you make sure your purchase is the right one, no matter what your experience level or needs.
About the Blue Crane Digital Understanding the Canon Speedlite 580EX II / 430EX II Training DV
This DVD uses the same material as our original 580 EX/430 EX DVD. Demonstrations of Speedlite operations have been updated to show the 580EX II/430EX II models.
Your new EX II Speedlite from Canon can be the most powerful accessory in your camera bag! Understanding how the Speedlite controls work is important, and this DVD takes you through its operations, step by step. Your host, Tim Mantoani, demonstrates these fabulous flash units in a series of real world examples. Whether you use one Speedlite or a hundred, his approach will help you create the best photograph possible.
- Flash exposure compensation
- The flash as key or fill light
- FP or high speed sync operation
- Slow sync demystified
- Controlling hard or soft light
- Auto and manual zoom control
- Flash bracketing
- Flash exposure lock
- Controlling flash from the camera
- Manual mode and exposure compensation
- Wireless operation
- A:B and C groups: why and how
- Group ratios
- Getting the flash off the camera
- First and second curtain sync
- Stroboscopic mode
- And much more!
This DVD picks up where the manual leaves off, helping you to integrate flash photography into your image-making arsenal.
Tim Mantoani has been a professional photographer for over twenty years. Shooting everything from professional athletes and celebrities to fashion and products, his work has appeared in numerous national ad campaigns and magazines.