Questions? Email us at email@example.com
- Powerful 40x Optical Zoom with Zoom Framing Assist.
- Sleek, Lightweight and Pocket-size Camera.
- Built-in Wi-Fi®*, NFC** and Bluetooth®*** technology.
- 20.3 Megapixel^ CMOS sensor.
- DIGIC 6 Image Processor.
- 3.0-inch Tilt-type (180° up) LCD.
- 1080p Full HD Video at 60p.
- Self Portrait Mode.v
- Story Highlights.
- Geotag^^ & Date Stamp Options.
Compact digital still camera with built-in flash, 40x Optical, 4x Digital and 160x Combined Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer
Capture subjects near, far and in-between with the PowerShot SX730 HS digital camera's powerful 40x Optical Zoom. Take shots of epic moments with Zoom Framing Assist when using longer focal lengths, like capturing your friend surfing waves in the distance. There's even an automatic feature to choose the best composition for your subject. Let's not forget about those all-important selfies, too - the new 180° tilt-type screen can face all the way forward to put you in the center of the frame. The Smooth Skin effect, which is now available in all modes, can help enhance your natural features. Share your photos and videos right away with a range of connection options, which now includes versatile built-in Bluetooth®*, as well as built-in Wi-Fi®** and NFC*** technology.
Powerful 40x Optical Zoom
Whether the action is happening right in front of you or just out of reach, the 40x Optical Zoom of the PowerShot SX730 HS has you covered. The camera's advanced stabilization technology helps ensure that images and videos can be captured in outstanding quality with Intelligent IS that chooses the stabilization method that matches the shooting conditions.
Zoom Framing Assistant
With Zoom Framing Assist, you can let the camera automatically zoom in or out while following the movement of your subject, helping it to remain in focus and give you the optimum composition.
Sleek, Lightweight and Pocket-size Camera
The overall size of the PowerShot SX730 HS means you can still fit it in a pocket, ready to capture the action whenever it happens. The large grip on the front and back of the camera, along with the textured surface and slip-resistant shape helps make it feel comfortable in your hand.
Built-in Wireless Capability
Thanks to built-in Wi-Fi® technology and the Canon Camera Connect app*, with the PowerShot SX730 HS you can transfer photos and videos to and from compatible devices, upload directly to various web services and more. Built-in NFC technology** means the camera can connect directly to compatible devices by simply touching the NFC icon on the camera to the device.
Bluetooth®*** pairing lets you easily connect to and remotely control the PowerShot SX730 HS from compatible smartphones using the free Canon Camera Connect app*. You can also establish a direct Wi-Fi®* connection to use your compatible phone as a viewfinder, and check and download previously captured photos and videos.
Remote Shooting with the Camera Connect App
Remote shooting using your compatible smart device is easy with built-in Wi-Fi®* and the free Canon Camera Connect app* or with built-in Bluetooth®*** connectivity. Your device will show a live image of the camera's capture - ideal for a commemorative group photo, wildlife shots and all kinds of situations. Control the zoom, flash, self-timer and shutter and save images to your camera as usual.
Image Sync Function
In addition to wirelessly transferring photos and videos through CANON iMAGE GATEWAY# to your computer, you can now view and download them from your compatible smartphone. ## Take them where you like, when you like, and use your familiar smartphone operations to view and share them.
# One-time registration is required on CANON iMAGE GATEWAY online photo album.
## With the download of the free Canon Online Photo Album app. The images and videos utilizing Image Sync can be viewed and downloaded with your compatible smartphone or tablet within 30 days.
20.3 Megapixel CMOS Sensor
The PowerShot SX730 HS employs a 20.3 Megapixel^ High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor, which delivers powerful imaging performance and is optimized for use in select compact cameras. Utilizing a sophisticated light-capturing design, it provides high sensitivity for high ISO capture with reduced noise. It's also incredibly fast, capable of rapidly capturing and moving image data to the processor, as well as enabling fast continuous shooting and fast autofocus.
DIGIC 6 Image Processor
The DIGIC 6 Image Processor helps boost image quality in both stills and videos for high resolution with minimal noise when shooting in dark conditions, and Dynamic IS that helps create video virtually free of distortion. The processor also enables high-speed, high-quality continuous still image shooting at up to 5.9 frames per second. Video recording is impressive with Full HD at 60p as well as MP4 recording. The DIGIC 6 Image Processor also powers MF Peaking, which displays edges of subjects in color to make manual focusing easier and helps provide a precise focusing tool at your disposal.
3.0-inch Tilt-type (180° up) LCD
Get a unique perspective on the world with the new tilt-type, high-resolution screen of the PowerShot SX730 HS. Boasting approx. 922,000 dots, the screen can be tilted upwards 180° to face all the way to the front and ensure you're in the center of the perfect selfie. Alternatively, you can push the screen down 90° to get a lower angle view of the world.
1080p Full HD Video at 60p
The PowerShot SX730 HS is designed to make beautiful, creative video capture easy and fun. Image quality is luminous and lifelike in 1080p Full HD, with selectable frame rates of 60p, 30p and 24p to match various situations. MP4 format, ideal for sharing and playing on mobile devices, is also available. Dynamic IS offers 5-axis image stabilization that can correct camera shake that can occur when you shoot while running or walking backward.
Self Portrait Mode
Self Portrait mode can help you to snap your ideal selfie with you looking incredible. This mode can be easily accessed via the menu, or automatically activated when you tilt the screen to face forwards. When shooting you can make adjustments ranging from smooth skin tones and background blur to brightness and more. Use the customizable self-timer to give you enough time to smile, fix your expression or invite a friend in for the shot. Smooth Skin mode can help perfect your portraits in both Self Portrait mode and other shooting modes so you can look stunning.
View your still images and video^^ as a fun short story with the Story Highlights feature. Simply press the Story Highlights button and the camera will automatically classify your images according to date, event or people, then compile a short video of approximately three minutes^^^ with background music and color effects applied. You can also customize your Story Highlights reel by choosing your own image selection options or picking background music from three pre-loaded songs. The Story Highlights album can be saved to the camera's memory card for quick replay and also shared using built-in Wi-Fi® technology.
^^ Videos must be shot in Hybrid Auto or Short Clip.
Geotag & Date Stamp Options
The PowerShot SX730 HS is equipped with Bluetooth®*** technology which means you can use your compatible* smartphone's GPS to geotag† your photos. Embed your images with location data from your smart device so you won't forget where you took a precious photograph. The date is sorted too, with the ability to add a date stamp to all images - there's no need to look up the date even if you print the photo, as it will be included on the image itself.
* Compatible with iOS® versions 8.4/9.3/10.2, Android™ smartphone and tablet versions 4.1/4.2/4.3/4.4/5.0/5.1/6.0/7.0/7.1. Data charges may apply with the download of the free Canon
Camera Connect app. This app helps enable you to upload images to social media services. Please note that image files may contain personally identifiable information that may implicate privacy laws.
Canon disclaims and has no responsibility for your use of such images. Canon does not obtain, collect or use such images or any information included in such images through this app.
** Compatible with Android™ smartphone and tablet versions 4.0/4.1/4.2/4.3/4.4/5.0/5.1/6.0/7.0/7.1.
*** Compatible with select smartphone and tablet devices (Android™ version 5.0 or later and the following iOS® devices: iPhone 4s or later, iPad 3rd gen. or later, iPod Touch 5th gen. or later) equipped with Bluetooth® version 4.0 or later and the Camera Connect App Ver. 2.0.30. This application is not guaranteed to operate on all listed devices, even if minimum requirements are met.
^Image processing may cause a decrease in the number of pixels.
In The Box
- PowerShot SX730 HS Digital Camera
- Wrist Strap WS-800
- Battery Pack NB-13L
- Battery Charger CB-2LH
See more by Canon
|Best Available Video Mode||HD (1080)|
|Memory Card Type||SD / SDHC / SDXC|
|Type||Compact digital still camera with built-in flash, 40x Optical, 4x Digital and 160x Combined Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer|
|Image Capture Device||
20.3 Megapixel*, 1/2.3-inch CMOS|
* Image processing may cause a decrease in the number of pixels.
|Total Pixels||Approx. 21.1 Megapixels|
|Effective Pixels||Approx. 20.3 Megapixels|
|Focal Length||4.3 (W) - 172.0 (T) mm (35mm film equivalent: 24-960mm)|
|4.3 (W) - 172.0 (T) mm (35mm film equivalent: 24-960mm)||40x|
|Digital Zoom||Approx. 4x|
Auto: 0.4 in. (1.0cm) - infinity (W), 6.6 ft. (2.0m) - infinity (T) |
Normal: 2.0 in. (5.0cm) - infinity (W), 6.6 ft. (2.0m) - infinity (T)
Macro: 0.4 in. - 1.6 ft. (1.0-50.0cm) (W)
|Autofocus System||TTL Autofocus|
|Optical Viewfinder||Not available|
|LCD Monitor||3.0-inch TFT Color LCD with wide viewing angle (4:3)|
|LCD Pixels||Approx. 922,000 dots|
|LCD Coverage||Approx. 100%|
|Maximum Aperture||f/3.3 (W), f/6.9 (T)|
1 - 1/3200 sec.|
15 - 1/3200 sec. (in all shooting modes)
Auto: ISO 80-1600|
P: ISO 80-3200
|Light Metering Method||Evaluative, Center Weighted Average, Spot|
|Exposure Compensation||Still Images: ±2 stops in 1/3-stop increments|
|Built-in Flash||Auto, On, Slow Synchro, Off|
|Flash Range||1.6-13.1 ft. (W), 6.6-6.6 ft. (T) 50.0cm - 4.0m (W), 2.0m-2.0m (T)|
|Flash Exposure Compensation||±2 stops in 1/3 increments|
|Shooting Modes||P, Hybrid Auto, Auto, Creative Shot, Portrait, Smile, Wink Self-timer, Face Self-timer, High-speed Burst, Handheld Night Scene, Low Light, Fish-eye Effect, Miniature Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Monochrome, Super Vivid, Poster Effect, Fireworks, Long Shutter|
|Photo Effects||My Colors Off, Vivid, Neutral, Sepia, Black & White, Positive Film, Lighter Skin Tone, Darker Skin Tone, Vivid Blue, Vivid Green, Vivid Red, Custom Color|
|Self Timer||Off / 2 sec. / 10 sec. / Custom|
|Wireless Control||Built-in Wi-Fi™ and NFC|
Normal Continuous Shooting in Auto/P modes: Approx. 5.9 shots/sec.|
Continuous Shooting in P Continuous AF mode: Approx. 4.6 shots/sec.
Continuous Shooting in Low-light Mode: Approx. 2.3 shots/sec.
Continuous shooting speed may become slower due to the following factors: Tv value, Av value, subject conditions, brightness, shooting with flash, zoom positions, battery level.
|Storage Media||SD/SDHC/SDXC and UHS-I Memory Cards|
|File Format||Design rule for Camera File system (DCF) compliant; DPOF (Version 1.1) compatible|
|Image Recording Format||Superfine / Fine|
|JPEG Compression Mode||
Still Image: Exif 2.3 JPEG|
Video: MP4 (Image data: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264; Audio: MPEG-4 AAC-LC (Monaural))
|Number of Recording Pixels||
16:9 - Large: 5184 x 2912; Medium 1: 3648 x 2048; Medium 2: 1920 x 1080; Small: 640 x 360
3:2 - Large: 5184 x 3456; Medium 1: 3648 x 2432; Medium 2: 2048 x 1368; Small: 640 x 424
4:3 - Large: 5184 x 3888; Medium 1: 3648 x 2736; Medium 2: 2048 x 1536; Medium: 2592 x 1944; Small: 640 x 480
1:1 - Large: 3888 x 3888; Medium 1: 2736 x 2736; Medium 2: 1536 x 1536; Small: 480 x 480
Full HD 1920 x 1280: 59.94 fps, 29.97 fps
HD 1280 x 720: 29.97 fps
640 x 480: 29.97 fps
|Playback Modes File||Smart Shuffle, Group Playback, List/Play Digest Movies, Story Highlights, Protect, Favorites, Erase, Slideshow, Rotate, Album Playback, i-Contrast, Resize, Cropping, Red-Eye Correction, My Colors, Photobook Set-up, Scroll Display, Group Images, Auto Rotate, Resume, Transition Effect|
|Video Out||HDMI (Type D)|
|Other||Hi-Speed USB (Micro); direct connection to Canon SELPHY, PIXMA Photo Printers & PictBridge compatible printers|
|Power Source||Battery Pack NB-13L|
Approx. 250 Shots|
Approx. 355 Shots in ECO Mode
Video Recording Time (CIPA compliant): Approx. 50 min.
Video Recording Time (Continuous Shooting): Approx. 85 min.
|Playback Time||Approx. 5 hours|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||4.3 x 2.5 x 1.6 in. / 110.1 x 63.8 x 39.9mm|
10.6 oz. / 300g (CIPA standard)|
9.7 oz. / 276g (Body only)
We understand that your shipping options can sometimes be confusing and you may have questions. We hope that this explanation helps to clarify how your item will arrive to you. Above all, we make every effort to save you money and get your product to you quickly and in fantastic condition.
Shipping information for products on robertscamera.com and usedphotopro.com:
- Your order of new products over $100 will ship free of charge. The free shipping method will come via the standard method of our choice of carrier.
- All USED items in condition ‘GOOD’ or better ship free regardless of price
- Our $100 order total is calculated after all rebates, coupon codes and additional discounts have been applied. Gift cards, freight charges and taxes do not count towards the $100 total.
- *Exceptions to this rule – exceptionally large items (ex: large bags, savage paper, etc.) that are dimensionally weighted by our shipping carriers will not qualify for free shipping and will incur shipping charges
- *Free shipping applies only to the contiguous 48 states. Orders to Alaska, Hawaii, and international locations do not qualify for our free shipping promotions.
- *Any upgraded or expedited shipping choice by the customer will incur an additional charge
- *Items that are special order or drop-shipped from our manufacturers and vendors may be ineligible for free shipping
- *Used items in FAIR or INOPERABLE condition are not eligible for free shipping
- PO Boxes are NOT eligible for free shipping
Due to an increased risk of fraud in the electronics industry, most items ship with signature required on delivery.
Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.
Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding or buying.
We will not declare any package as a "Gift" and we will declare the exact selling price on the customs documents as required by law.
If you choose International First Class Mail, this method is not trackable and can take up to 60 days for delivery in some countries.
For faster delivery times, please select International Priority Mail or International Express Mail.
Once your package leaves the USA, the package cannot be tracked until the receiving country's post office scans the package and updates the status.
The Carriers We Use
We will ship your order in the most cost effective manner available to us.
We utilize multiple carriers to get you the best rate. Those options include, but are not limited to:
- Ground Delivery
- 3rd Day
- 2nd Day
- Next Day
- Home Delivery
- Ground Delivery
- 3rd Day
- 2nd Day
- Next Day
- First Class Mail
- Media Mail
- Priority Mail
- Priority Mail Express
A Few Additional Things To Note
- Shipments to PO boxes can only be shipped via US Postal Service
- PO Boxes are NOT eligible for free shipping
- International shipments may incur additional shipping charges. You will be notified via email of those charges and you can chose at that time to accept or decline. Taxes, duties and other fees may be charged by your destination country. Roberts is not responsible for those fees, nor does Roberts have the ability to estimate those fees. You will be charged all shipping and additional fees associated with any item returned because of non-delivery. This includes but is not limited to: Failure to pay said duties and taxes, incorrect address, not available to receive package in timely manner resulting in package being returned to Roberts or Used Photo Pro.
- Gift cards are sent via electronic delivery only, and an email will be sent with gift card information
- You will receive an email with your order tracking number once your order has shipped
- Order cut-off times:
- Monday – Friday: Your order will ship same day if your order is placed by 1:00pm EST
- Saturday/Sunday: Any order placed after 1pm on Friday will ship on Monday
ALL ORDERS ARE SUBJECT TO APPROVAL BY OUR PROCESSING DEPARTMENT. WE WILL NOTIFY YOU IN A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME IF YOUR ORDER MAY BE DELAYED.
Our Return PoliciesFor the first 14 days do not complete your manufacturer's warranty cards!
At Roberts Camera / UsedPhotoPro, we understand that sometimes you might have a change of heart and decide that you need to return your product. Therefore, we are proud to offer a 14-day Hassle Free Return Policy. If you would like to return your purchase within fourteen (14) days of receiving it, please contact our customer service department so that we may assist you and issue you a return authorization. Sending merchandise without authorization may delay your return. Items returned must be in the same condition that they were received and must include all items (including box and accessories) that they shipped with in order to be eligible for a full refund.
- All returned merchandise must be accompanied by a sales receipt and be returned within 14 days of purchase.
- All used items over $1500.00 are subject to a 15% restocking fee.
- No refunds or exchanges on special order merchandise.
- All merchandise must be returned in its original packaging. If a warranty card was included, it must be returned BLANK and not completed. Once the warranty card is completed, we cannot help you by exchanging your item and any problems will have to be handled as warranty claims with the manufacturer.
- Merchandise purchased 'As Is' may not be returned for any reason.
- After 14 days, products in new condition will be subject to manufacturer's warranty and the warranty card included with your product should be consulted for information on getting your product serviced or replaced. Roberts Camera will happily mediate this process for you. If you so desire, see our Repair Policies below for more details.
- After 14 days, merchandise cannot be returned to Roberts as new stock.
- After 14 days, functional products may be returned to us as used stock. The value you will be offered for products in this case will be determined by current used market value. To request a quote on the value of your used gear, please click here
- Sales of all sensitized materials including film, paper, video and audio tape are final. There will be no returns, refunds or exchanges on these items.
- Drones: No returns on drones unless due to manufacturer defect. If defective, they must return prior to 7 business days of receiving the item. All repairs on DJI drones must go through dji.com.
Initiate a Return
If there are any questions or problems with your order, please feel free to contact your salesperson or the following web services departments directly, as we will work to get you completely taken care of:
- If your product was ordered via robertscamera.com - please contact us at 1-800-726-5544 or firstname.lastname@example.org to process your return
- If your product was ordered via usedphotopro.com or our eBay store - please contact us at 317-917-7055 or email@example.com to process your return
- If your product was ordered via Amazon, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have a product that you need to return due to initial defect or otherwise, please call us at 1-800-726-5544 to obtain a Return Authorization Number (RA#). If an RA# is not obtained, it may delay any credits or replacements requested.
We know that during the holiday season, you might be purchasing some gifts that cannot always be properly tested out within our standard 14 day return policy. That is why during the holiday season we offer an extended return policy for your convenience! For any purchase made between Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve, please indicate in the gift message area that your purchase is a gift. This will qualify you to return any purchase made during the holiday season NO LATER THAN JANUARY 10th. Your item must be in the same condition that is was received and be returned with the receipt as well as the original packaging to receive a full refund. After January 10th, merchandise cannot be returned to Roberts as new stock. All other return policies apply.
Our Rewards Program
Roberts and UsedPhotoPro appreciate all of our customers very much. We know that you have many, many choices when you shop and we are grateful that you have chosen to place your trust in us. And to reward you for that, we think that you should get a little something back when you shop with us! Therefore, we are very pleased to roll out an updated rewards program to not only say thank you for shopping with us, but also to thank you for sharing us with your friends and family!
Our rewards program gives you the opportunity to earn real money towards your next purchase through signing up for an account with us, shopping, leaving reviews, sharing your purchases and favorite products on Twitter, Facebook or Pinterest, and much, much more. (Hint: We make it pretty easy to earn these points...so take advantage!)
$100 = 100 Points = $1 Spent Earned Cash back
Here are a few rules and then check out our handy chart below to see how you can start earning rewards points today!
- You earn 100 points for every $100 that you spend!
- 100 points = $1 cash back to you!
- Points must be used within 6 months from the date earned, at this point they will expire and you will no longer be able to redeem them.
- There is no limit on how many points you can redeem at a time!
- You must have an account with us to earn and redeem points.
- Not all orders and purchases with Roberts will qualify to earn reward points. Purchases made for business, corporate, government or EDU accounts may not qualify for points and orders placed over the phone may not qualify. Roberts reserves the right to modify this reward policy at any time.
- Rewards points may not be used to purchase gift cards for Roberts Camera or UsedPhotoPro
Points Limits Create an Account (required to earn points) 250 One-time Send a product to a friend 5 Unlimited Have a birthday (must provide a birthday in your account) 100 Once a year automatically Like, tweet, or pin a product page 5 2 per day each Share a purchase on FB or Twitter 10 Once per day each
How We Handle Preorders
We do our best to reflect the price you will be charged to complete your purchase once stock arrives, but due to occasional changes from our manufacturers prices are subject to change until we have the item ready for delivery.
- Your preorder with Roberts adds your name to a waitlist for this equipment. You do not have to pay any money to be added to our waitlist.
- When this product arrives in our warehouse, we will contact you directly to determine if you would like to move forward with the purchase of this product.
- At that time, you will be provided with pricing and a delivery time frame.