Questions? Email us at email@example.com
Since its introduction, the Canon EOS 100D Rebel SL1 system has become one of the most popular DSLR systems under water. It's universally loved due to its size, weight, ease of use, and image quality. This updated version of the original housing includes the following new features:
- Super sensitive and ergonomic new shutter lever
- Spare port for optional vacuum valve (sold separately)
- Universal 1/4-20 threaded tray mounting
- New white ABS-PC blend
- Optional single or dual tray & handles (sold separately)
The True TTL Advantage
TTL or "Through-The-Lens" flash metering means the camera controls flash duration to properly expose an image. Unlike fiber optic systems, which attempt to copy the behavior of the camera's built-in flash, this unique housing for the Canon EOS 100D Rebel SL1 provides direct, electrical transmission of this TTL signal to the any current model Ikelite DS strobe.
Since the camera is talking directly to the strobe, the camera's built-in flash does not need to fire. This dramatically increases battery life and virtually eliminates the recycle lag, allowing the camera to be triggered in more rapid succession than with optical-based systems. When shooting a fast moving object, this make the difference between going home with the shot or just talking about it. Additionally, in-line communication between the strobe and the camera completely eliminates signal interference and false triggering caused by light rays bouncing off the water's surface or your buddy's flash going off.
The Ikelite-style electrical bulkhead is widely recognized as the most reliable waterproof strobe sync connection available.
Ergonomics & Handling
Ikelite has packed a lot in a small package, only slightly larger than the EOS 100D camera and just as comfortable to hold. Set up is a snap with simple, fully front-loaded camera installation. The camera mounting shoe is designed to be unobtrusive and allow changing of battery and memory cards, or attachment to a surface tripod without being removed from the camera. A smooth-action, sensitive shutter trigger is right at your fingertips whether holding the side of the housing or the optional dual tray with quick release handles. Controls are provided for all camera functions except for the rear touchscreen, so you have complete creative control anywhere you go.
The optional Single or Dual Tray with Quick Release Handles are now sold separately to prevent redundancy and benefit users who may be able to use trays from a previous system.
Materials & Build Quality
The brand new ABS-PC blend provides strength and corrosion free performance year with minimal maintenance. The specially formulated color deflects the sun to keep your camera running cooler, longer. Compared to black or clear housings, the light gray color provides superior contrast for enhanced view of the camera, LCD screen, and o-ring seal.
The unique rear seal design prevents accidental twisting or stretching of the o-ring for simple and confident assembly. We have eliminated the need for an o-ring groove or channel which can trap sand, dirt, or debris. Two double-passivated stainless steel locking lid snaps are simple to use and virtually unbreakable. The clear back allows you to see the o-ring form a solid, watertight seal as it closes.
Ikelite products are designed, built and tested in the USA. We use locally sourced, top-grade materials. Our housings are built by hand and individually tested for fit and function. Every unit is water pressure tested to 200 feet (60m). Ikelite backs their products with over 50 years of experience and the best reputation for service within the dive industry.
This housing comes standard with a optical grade acrylic dome port with zoom ring. This port provides sharp images and zoom capabilities with both the Canon EF-S 18-55mm STM kit lens, plus the popular Tokina 10-17mm lens. Minimal vignetting (dark shadows in the corners of the image) will be present in the 10-12mm range when used the Tokina lens. A special zoom gear system allows the camera with lens attached to be installed from the back of the housing, without requiring removal of the dome port.
An optional zoom sleeve (Product Number 5509.20) is available for use with the Canon 10-18mm STM lens, sold separately. This lens is accommodated by the standard dome port with no vignetting.
The dome port may be removed without tools to attach the optional Mirrorless Flat Port Macro Extended for use with the Canon EF-S 60mm Macro lens. Simply loosen the securing thumb screws and slide the port off. The optional Flat Port allows use of the 60mm Macro lens in auto-focus mode and features 67mm front threads for the optional attachment of macro converter wet lenses. This Flat Port can also be combined with the DLM 2.2 Inch Port Extension for use with the Canon 100mm USM IS Macro lens. The Lens Extension allows for auto focus only.
This housing was built to be the ultimate in compact, streamlined travel. Therefore this housing is not compatible with Fixed Lens Ports or Modular Lens Ports from our standard DSLR Lens Port System.
- AF35: no
- DS50: yes, above serial number 70000
- DS51: yes
- DS125: yes, above serial number 5000
- DS160, DS161: yes
- DS200: yes
- Non-Ikelite: yes if the strobe features an electrical bulkhead; manual flash exposure only
- Fiber optic: no
In The Box
- Internal Camera Mounting Tray # 9569.01
- Main O-Ring # 0110
- Dome port # 5516.15
- Zoom Sleeve # 5509.19
- Neoprene Port Cover # 0200.1
- Waterproof bulkhead cap # 9104.5
- Spare port o-ring # 0132.36
- Spare set of 3 Port Thumb Screws # 9249.6
- Silicone lubricant 1cc tube # 0184.1
- 1 year manufacturer warranty
See more by Ikelite
|Memory Card Type||No|
|Depth rating||200 ft (60m)|
|Controls||Controls for all camera functions except Rear Touch Screen|
|TTL||Ikelite Digital TTL ICS-5 5-pin Electrical Bulkhead plus TTL circuitry compatible with current model Ikelite DS strobes|
|Buoyancy||Near neutral buoyancy in fresh water|
|Weight of housing||3 lb 3 oz (1.4 kg)|
|Weight of dome port||13 oz (376 g)|
|Dimensions of housing||6.4 x 7.5 x 5.9 in (16 x 19 x 15 cm) including projections|
|Dimensions of dome port||5 in diameter x 3.3 in (13 x 8.5 cm) including projections|
|Dome materials||Optical grade acrylic dome|
We understand that your shipping options can sometimes be confusing and you may have questions. We hope that this explanation helps to clarify how your item will arrive to you. Above all, we make every effort to save you money and get your product to you quickly and in fantastic condition.
Shipping information for products on robertscamera.com and usedphotopro.com:
- Your order of new products over $100 will ship free of charge. The free shipping method will come via the standard method of our choice of carrier.
- All USED items in condition ‘GOOD’ or better ship free regardless of price
- Our $100 order total is calculated after all rebates, coupon codes and additional discounts have been applied. Gift cards, freight charges and taxes do not count towards the $100 total.
- *Exceptions to this rule – exceptionally large items (ex: large bags, savage paper, etc.) that are dimensionally weighted by our shipping carriers will not qualify for free shipping and will incur shipping charges
- *Free shipping applies only to the contiguous 48 states. Orders to Alaska, Hawaii, and international locations do not qualify for our free shipping promotions.
- *Any upgraded or expedited shipping choice by the customer will incur an additional charge
- *Items that are special order or drop-shipped from our manufacturers and vendors may be ineligible for free shipping
- *Used items in FAIR or INOPERABLE condition are not eligible for free shipping
- PO Boxes are NOT eligible for free shipping
Due to an increased risk of fraud in the electronics industry, most items ship with signature required on delivery.
Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.
Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding or buying.
We will not declare any package as a "Gift" and we will declare the exact selling price on the customs documents as required by law.
If you choose International First Class Mail, this method is not trackable and can take up to 60 days for delivery in some countries.
For faster delivery times, please select International Priority Mail or International Express Mail.
Once your package leaves the USA, the package cannot be tracked until the receiving country's post office scans the package and updates the status.
The Carriers We Use
We will ship your order in the most cost effective manner available to us.
We utilize multiple carriers to get you the best rate. Those options include, but are not limited to:
- Ground Delivery
- 3rd Day
- 2nd Day
- Next Day
- Home Delivery
- Ground Delivery
- 3rd Day
- 2nd Day
- Next Day
- First Class Mail
- Media Mail
- Priority Mail
- Priority Mail Express
A Few Additional Things To Note
- Shipments to PO boxes can only be shipped via US Postal Service
- PO Boxes are NOT eligible for free shipping
- International shipments may incur additional shipping charges. You will be notified via email of those charges and you can chose at that time to accept or decline. Taxes, duties and other fees may be charged by your destination country. Roberts is not responsible for those fees, nor does Roberts have the ability to estimate those fees. You will be charged all shipping and additional fees associated with any item returned because of non-delivery. This includes but is not limited to: Failure to pay said duties and taxes, incorrect address, not available to receive package in timely manner resulting in package being returned to Roberts or Used Photo Pro.
- Gift cards are sent via electronic delivery only, and an email will be sent with gift card information
- You will receive an email with your order tracking number once your order has shipped
- Order cut-off times:
- Monday – Friday: Your order will ship same day if your order is placed by 1:00pm EST
- Saturday/Sunday: Any order placed after 1pm on Friday will ship on Monday
ALL ORDERS ARE SUBJECT TO APPROVAL BY OUR PROCESSING DEPARTMENT. WE WILL NOTIFY YOU IN A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME IF YOUR ORDER MAY BE DELAYED.
Our Return PoliciesFor the first 14 days do not complete your manufacturer's warranty cards!
At Roberts Camera / UsedPhotoPro, we understand that sometimes you might have a change of heart and decide that you need to return your product. Therefore, we are proud to offer a 14-day Hassle Free Return Policy. If you would like to return your purchase within fourteen (14) days of receiving it, please contact our customer service department so that we may assist you and issue you a return authorization. Sending merchandise without authorization may delay your return. Items returned must be in the same condition that they were received and must include all items (including box and accessories) that they shipped with in order to be eligible for a full refund.
- All returned merchandise must be accompanied by a sales receipt and be returned within 14 days of purchase.
- All used items over $1500.00 are subject to a 15% restocking fee.
- No refunds or exchanges on special order merchandise.
- All merchandise must be returned in its original packaging. If a warranty card was included, it must be returned BLANK and not completed. Once the warranty card is completed, we cannot help you by exchanging your item and any problems will have to be handled as warranty claims with the manufacturer.
- Merchandise purchased 'As Is' may not be returned for any reason.
- After 14 days, products in new condition will be subject to manufacturer's warranty and the warranty card included with your product should be consulted for information on getting your product serviced or replaced. Roberts Camera will happily mediate this process for you. If you so desire, see our Repair Policies below for more details.
- After 14 days, merchandise cannot be returned to Roberts as new stock.
- After 14 days, functional products may be returned to us as used stock. The value you will be offered for products in this case will be determined by current used market value. To request a quote on the value of your used gear, please click here
- Sales of all sensitized materials including film, paper, video and audio tape are final. There will be no returns, refunds or exchanges on these items.
- Drones: No returns on drones unless due to manufacturer defect. If defective, they must return prior to 7 business days of receiving the item. All repairs on DJI drones must go through dji.com.
Initiate a Return
If there are any questions or problems with your order, please feel free to contact your salesperson or the following web services departments directly, as we will work to get you completely taken care of:
- If your product was ordered via robertscamera.com - please contact us at 1-800-726-5544 or firstname.lastname@example.org to process your return
- If your product was ordered via usedphotopro.com or our eBay store - please contact us at 317-917-7055 or email@example.com to process your return
- If your product was ordered via Amazon, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have a product that you need to return due to initial defect or otherwise, please call us at 1-800-726-5544 to obtain a Return Authorization Number (RA#). If an RA# is not obtained, it may delay any credits or replacements requested.
We know that during the holiday season, you might be purchasing some gifts that cannot always be properly tested out within our standard 14 day return policy. That is why during the holiday season we offer an extended return policy for your convenience! For any purchase made between Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve, please indicate in the gift message area that your purchase is a gift. This will qualify you to return any purchase made during the holiday season NO LATER THAN JANUARY 10th. Your item must be in the same condition that is was received and be returned with the receipt as well as the original packaging to receive a full refund. After January 10th, merchandise cannot be returned to Roberts as new stock. All other return policies apply.
Our Rewards Program
Roberts and UsedPhotoPro appreciate all of our customers very much. We know that you have many, many choices when you shop and we are grateful that you have chosen to place your trust in us. And to reward you for that, we think that you should get a little something back when you shop with us! Therefore, we are very pleased to roll out an updated rewards program to not only say thank you for shopping with us, but also to thank you for sharing us with your friends and family!
Our rewards program gives you the opportunity to earn real money towards your next purchase through signing up for an account with us, shopping, leaving reviews, sharing your purchases and favorite products on Twitter, Facebook or Pinterest, and much, much more. (Hint: We make it pretty easy to earn these points...so take advantage!)
$100 = 100 Points = $1 Spent Earned Cash back
Here are a few rules and then check out our handy chart below to see how you can start earning rewards points today!
- You earn 100 points for every $100 that you spend!
- 100 points = $1 cash back to you!
- Points must be used within 6 months from the date earned, at this point they will expire and you will no longer be able to redeem them.
- There is no limit on how many points you can redeem at a time!
- You must have an account with us to earn and redeem points.
- Not all orders and purchases with Roberts will qualify to earn reward points. Purchases made for business, corporate, government or EDU accounts may not qualify for points and orders placed over the phone may not qualify. Roberts reserves the right to modify this reward policy at any time.
- Rewards points may not be used to purchase gift cards for Roberts Camera or UsedPhotoPro
Points Limits Create an Account (required to earn points) 250 One-time Send a product to a friend 5 Unlimited Have a birthday (must provide a birthday in your account) 100 Once a year automatically Like, tweet, or pin a product page 5 2 per day each Share a purchase on FB or Twitter 10 Once per day each
How We Handle Preorders
We do our best to reflect the price you will be charged to complete your purchase once stock arrives, but due to occasional changes from our manufacturers prices are subject to change until we have the item ready for delivery.
- Your preorder with Roberts adds your name to a waitlist for this equipment. You do not have to pay any money to be added to our waitlist.
- When this product arrives in our warehouse, we will contact you directly to determine if you would like to move forward with the purchase of this product.
- At that time, you will be provided with pricing and a delivery time frame.