Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wide area 79-point Phase Detection “4D Focus” AF system
- 24.2MP APS-C sensor for astonishing image quality with fine details
- 8fps continuous shooting with AF to capture the decisive moment
- SteadyShot INSIDE In-body image stabilization for every A-mount lens
- Full HD XAVC S5 movie recording 30p/24p up to 50Mbps
- OLED Tru-Finder™ (0.39” ) with 100% frame coverage
- Large 2.7” tiltable, 460K dot LCD screen
- Up to ISO 25,600 for clean low light images with low noise
- Top display, front and rear control dials, 10 customizable button
- Clean Full HD Movie output via HDMI
With 4D FOCUS, you’ll never miss that perfect moment
The α68 is equipped with Sony’s 4D Focus system. Featuring the world’s most1 Phase Detection AF points on a dedicated AF sensor covering a wide area of the frame. 79 AF points - of which 15 are cross-type and placed in the most-frequently-used central area of the sensor – utilize the new AF algorithm which instantly recognizes and reliably tracks the desired subject – even in challenging low-light situations (EV-2). Other Auto Focus features include: AF tracking, Lock-on AF, AF Range control and Eye AF
24.2MP for Images of incredible quality
Housing a large Exmor® APS HD CMOS sensor with approx. 24.2 effective megapixels for incredible detail and gorgeous enlargements, the α68 exhibits higher sensitivity and lower noise levels throughout a wide sensitivity range of ISO 100 to 25,600 4, achieving high resolution even in low light.
8fps continuous shooting3 with AF
Track every movement and capture every decisive moment with up to 8 frames per second continuous shooting. The tracking algorithm of the α68’s AF system and the Translucent Mirror Technology meet high performance standards in tracking moving subjects to enable continuous autofocus even during continuous shooting at 8fps3 (or 5fps at maximum resolution of approx. 24 effective megapixels).
Every Lens is Stabilized
The α68 incorporates sensor shift technology called SteadyShot® INSIDE image stabilization. This means every lens you use—from the widest angle to longest telephoto— corrects for camera shake and reduces blur, resulting in crisp and sharp images. It provides compensation equivalent to approximately 2 to 4.5 additional steps in shutter speed, allowing for more hand held opportunities in low light or longer focal lengths.
Make movies like a pro
Make movie magic with Full HD 1920 x 1080 video in 24p/30p frame-rates. Made even easier with the α68’s 79 point AF (auto focus) system – tracking moving subjects is not a problem. Selectable in-camera – XAVC S for broadcast quality at high 50Mb/s, Blu-ray quality - AVCHD or simple and easier upload to the web - MP4 codecs are available. For serious videographers, uncompressed 8bit HD 4:2:2 video output to external recording devices is available via the HDMI connection.
OLED Tru-Finder™ Electronic Viewfinder
There’s never been anything quite like the OLED Tru-Finder electronic viewfinder. For size, speed and brightness even after sunset, this is a gem. It begins with 1,440,000 dots for amazing resolution and high contrast ratio for incredible depth and in almost any lighting. You can also see the results of camera adjustments in real time with 100% frame coverage and superb color and detail, including the ability to display the effects of various camera settings, the use of MF Assist and a peaking function for fine-tuning the focus
Large 2.7” tiltable, 460K dot LCD screen
Thanks to the Translucent Mirror Technology for continuous live-view, you can easily frame your shots with the large 2.7” 460K dot LCD screen. Tilt it up 135° or down 55°s to frame high- and low-angle shots that would otherwise be hit-or-miss.
Stunning low light photos and video
The α68 features high sensitivity thanks to the Exmor® CMOS sensor and powerful BIONZ X® processor. You get stunning detail and clean, low light images from ISO range 100 – 25600 for photos and ISO100 - 12800 equivalent for movies. And for an additional burst of light, the α68 features a pop-up flash.
Direct controls for fast intuitive operability
The α68 has all the "must have" features of midrange camera including a backlit top display to quickly check camera settings and both front and rear control dials and 10 customizable button6. The control wheel on back is easily accessible for multiple functions which you can modify to your shooting style. Easily reassign frequently used functions to any of the 10 customizable buttons to activate any of 49 functions for faster, more intuitive operation.
Multi-interface (MI) shoe
The Multi Interface Shoe lets you mount a wide-range of accessories including a high-capacity flash unit, video light or microphone for enhanced still image, movie shooting and more.
Focus features beyond the norm.
The α68 offers more than the most cameras in its class when it comes to focus features which included: Auto focus tracking for moving subjects, Lock-on AF, AF Range control and Eye AF for perfect portraits.
Full-Time LiveView® in LCD or EVF
You can use both the LCD monitor and OLED Electronic Viewfinder for composing shots in LiveView. Both provide a what-you-see-is-what-you-get preview of white balance, focus, depth of field, exposure and 100% framing accuracy, plus informative on-screen displays.
In The Box
- Sony A68 camera body
- Rechargeable Battery (NP-FM500H)
- Battery Charger (BC-VM10A)
- Shoulder strap
- Body cap
- Eyepiece cup
- Micro USB cable
See more by Sony
|Crop Factor||1.5x (APS-C)|
|Best Available Video Mode||HD (1080)|
|Memory Card Type||SD / SDHC / SDXC|
|Weights and Measurements||
|Clear Image Zoom||
|Recording system (movie)||
|SteadyShot INSIDE (image stabilization)||
We understand that your shipping options can sometimes be confusing and you may have questions. We hope that this explanation helps to clarify how your item will arrive to you. Above all, we make every effort to save you money and get your product to you quickly and in fantastic condition.
Shipping information for products on robertscamera.com and usedphotopro.com:
- Your order of new products over $100 will ship free of charge. The free shipping method will come via the standard method of our choice of carrier.
- All USED items in condition ‘GOOD’ or better ship free regardless of price
- Our $100 order total is calculated after all rebates, coupon codes and additional discounts have been applied. Gift cards, freight charges and taxes do not count towards the $100 total.
- *Exceptions to this rule – exceptionally large items (ex: large bags, savage paper, etc.) that are dimensionally weighted by our shipping carriers will not qualify for free shipping and will incur shipping charges
- *Free shipping applies only to the contiguous 48 states. Orders to Alaska, Hawaii, and international locations do not qualify for our free shipping promotions.
- *Any upgraded or expedited shipping choice by the customer will incur an additional charge
- *Items that are special order or drop-shipped from our manufacturers and vendors may be ineligible for free shipping
- *Used items in FAIR or INOPERABLE condition are not eligible for free shipping
- PO Boxes are NOT eligible for free shipping
Due to an increased risk of fraud in the electronics industry, most items ship with signature required on delivery.
Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.
Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding or buying.
We will not declare any package as a "Gift" and we will declare the exact selling price on the customs documents as required by law.
If you choose International First Class Mail, this method is not trackable and can take up to 60 days for delivery in some countries.
For faster delivery times, please select International Priority Mail or International Express Mail.
Once your package leaves the USA, the package cannot be tracked until the receiving country's post office scans the package and updates the status.
The Carriers We Use
We will ship your order in the most cost effective manner available to us.
We utilize multiple carriers to get you the best rate. Those options include, but are not limited to:
- Ground Delivery
- 3rd Day
- 2nd Day
- Next Day
- Home Delivery
- Ground Delivery
- 3rd Day
- 2nd Day
- Next Day
- First Class Mail
- Media Mail
- Priority Mail
- Priority Mail Express
A Few Additional Things To Note
- Shipments to PO boxes can only be shipped via US Postal Service
- PO Boxes are NOT eligible for free shipping
- International shipments may incur additional shipping charges. You will be notified via email of those charges and you can chose at that time to accept or decline. Taxes, duties and other fees may be charged by your destination country. Roberts is not responsible for those fees, nor does Roberts have the ability to estimate those fees. You will be charged all shipping and additional fees associated with any item returned because of non-delivery. This includes but is not limited to: Failure to pay said duties and taxes, incorrect address, not available to receive package in timely manner resulting in package being returned to Roberts or Used Photo Pro.
- Gift cards are sent via electronic delivery only, and an email will be sent with gift card information
- You will receive an email with your order tracking number once your order has shipped
- Order cut-off times:
- Monday – Friday: Your order will ship same day if your order is placed by 1:00pm EST
- Saturday/Sunday: Any order placed after 1pm on Friday will ship on Monday
ALL ORDERS ARE SUBJECT TO APPROVAL BY OUR PROCESSING DEPARTMENT. WE WILL NOTIFY YOU IN A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME IF YOUR ORDER MAY BE DELAYED.
Our Return PoliciesFor the first 14 days do not complete your manufacturer's warranty cards!
At Roberts Camera / UsedPhotoPro, we understand that sometimes you might have a change of heart and decide that you need to return your product. Therefore, we are proud to offer a 14-day Hassle Free Return Policy. If you would like to return your purchase within fourteen (14) days of receiving it, please contact our customer service department so that we may assist you and issue you a return authorization. Sending merchandise without authorization may delay your return. Items returned must be in the same condition that they were received and must include all items (including box and accessories) that they shipped with in order to be eligible for a full refund.
- All returned merchandise must be accompanied by a sales receipt and be returned within 14 days of purchase.
- All used items over $1500.00 are subject to a 15% restocking fee.
- No refunds or exchanges on special order merchandise.
- All merchandise must be returned in its original packaging. If a warranty card was included, it must be returned BLANK and not completed. Once the warranty card is completed, we cannot help you by exchanging your item and any problems will have to be handled as warranty claims with the manufacturer.
- Merchandise purchased 'As Is' may not be returned for any reason.
- After 14 days, products in new condition will be subject to manufacturer's warranty and the warranty card included with your product should be consulted for information on getting your product serviced or replaced. Roberts Camera will happily mediate this process for you. If you so desire, see our Repair Policies below for more details.
- After 14 days, merchandise cannot be returned to Roberts as new stock.
- After 14 days, functional products may be returned to us as used stock. The value you will be offered for products in this case will be determined by current used market value. To request a quote on the value of your used gear, please click here
- Sales of all sensitized materials including film, paper, video and audio tape are final. There will be no returns, refunds or exchanges on these items.
- Drones: No returns on drones unless due to manufacturer defect. If defective, they must return prior to 7 business days of receiving the item. All repairs on DJI drones must go through dji.com.
Initiate a Return
If there are any questions or problems with your order, please feel free to contact your salesperson or the following web services departments directly, as we will work to get you completely taken care of:
- If your product was ordered via robertscamera.com - please contact us at 1-800-726-5544 or email@example.com to process your return
- If your product was ordered via usedphotopro.com or our eBay store - please contact us at 317-917-7055 or firstname.lastname@example.org to process your return
- If your product was ordered via Amazon, please contact us at email@example.com
- If you have a product that you need to return due to initial defect or otherwise, please call us at 1-800-726-5544 to obtain a Return Authorization Number (RA#). If an RA# is not obtained, it may delay any credits or replacements requested.
We know that during the holiday season, you might be purchasing some gifts that cannot always be properly tested out within our standard 14 day return policy. That is why during the holiday season we offer an extended return policy for your convenience! For any purchase made between Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve, please indicate in the gift message area that your purchase is a gift. This will qualify you to return any purchase made during the holiday season NO LATER THAN JANUARY 10th. Your item must be in the same condition that is was received and be returned with the receipt as well as the original packaging to receive a full refund. After January 10th, merchandise cannot be returned to Roberts as new stock. All other return policies apply.
Our Rewards Program
Roberts and UsedPhotoPro appreciate all of our customers very much. We know that you have many, many choices when you shop and we are grateful that you have chosen to place your trust in us. And to reward you for that, we think that you should get a little something back when you shop with us! Therefore, we are very pleased to roll out an updated rewards program to not only say thank you for shopping with us, but also to thank you for sharing us with your friends and family!
Our rewards program gives you the opportunity to earn real money towards your next purchase through signing up for an account with us, shopping, leaving reviews, sharing your purchases and favorite products on Twitter, Facebook or Pinterest, and much, much more. (Hint: We make it pretty easy to earn these points...so take advantage!)
$100 = 100 Points = $1 Spent Earned Cash back
Here are a few rules and then check out our handy chart below to see how you can start earning rewards points today!
- You earn 100 points for every $100 that you spend!
- 100 points = $1 cash back to you!
- Points must be used within 6 months from the date earned, at this point they will expire and you will no longer be able to redeem them.
- There is no limit on how many points you can redeem at a time!
- You must have an account with us to earn and redeem points.
- Not all orders and purchases with Roberts will qualify to earn reward points. Purchases made for business, corporate, government or EDU accounts may not qualify for points and orders placed over the phone may not qualify. Roberts reserves the right to modify this reward policy at any time.
- Rewards points may not be used to purchase gift cards for Roberts Camera or UsedPhotoPro
Points Limits Create an Account (required to earn points) 250 One-time Send a product to a friend 5 Unlimited Have a birthday (must provide a birthday in your account) 100 Once a year automatically Like, tweet, or pin a product page 5 2 per day each Share a purchase on FB or Twitter 10 Once per day each
How We Handle Preorders
We do our best to reflect the price you will be charged to complete your purchase once stock arrives, but due to occasional changes from our manufacturers prices are subject to change until we have the item ready for delivery.
- Your preorder with Roberts adds your name to a waitlist for this equipment. You do not have to pay any money to be added to our waitlist.
- When this product arrives in our warehouse, we will contact you directly to determine if you would like to move forward with the purchase of this product.
- At that time, you will be provided with pricing and a delivery time frame.