Canon Macro Twin Lite MT-24EX
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Two separate flash heads can be swiveled around the lens, can be aimed separately, and even removed from their holder and mounted off-camera. Like the MR-14EX, the new Macro Twin Lite MT-24EX is fully E-TTL compatible with all EOS bodies, including digital SLRs, and even allows Wireless E-TTL flash control with one or more 550EX and/or 420EX "slave units". It also provides easy ratio control of each flash head?s output, over a six-stop range.
- Attaches to all Canon EF macro lenses (EF 180mm f/3.5L requires Macro Lite Adapter 72C).
- Twin flash heads can be rotated over 80° angle around lens in 5 degree increments.
- Heads can be swiveled or bounced and can be removed from mounting ring for added control.
- Powerful Guide Number of 78 (feet, @ ISO 100), full E-TTL control and E-TTL features including FEL, Hi-speed sync, and FEB.
- Full E-TTL automatic flash control with compatible EOS bodies, including EOS-1D, D60, and D30 digital SLRs.
- Incandescent focusing lamps, and two different types of 1-second modeling flash allow easy focusing and previewing of lighting effects.
|Memory Card Type||No|
|Type||Macro flash unit with adjustable and removable twin straight flash heads; separate controller unit attaches to camera's hot shoe|
|Guide Number||72 (feet) / 22 (m), at ISO 100 (with both tubes firing at full power)|
|Flash Duration||Modeling Flash:|
One-second burst at 70Hz in E-TTL or Manual flash modes, showing ratios* With C.Fn 4-1 (on MT-24EX), uniform one-second burst at 70Hz with any EOS body by pressing Controller Unit's test button
|Flash Control System||Flash +/- exposure compensation, Flash Exposure Bracketing, FE Lock, FP sync, and Ratio Control of left:right (A:B) flash tubes over a 6-stop range (8:1 ~ 1:8 lighting ratios), and Wireless E-TTL with off-camera 550EX and/or 420EX Slave Units|
|Exposure Control Modes||Variable from full (1/1) ~ 1/64 power; Ratio Control of left:right (A:B) flash tubes from 1/1 to 1/64 power is possible|
|Custom Functions||Nine Custom Functions on MT-24EX, in addition to any in camera); set on MT-24EX Controller LCD panel.|
|Power Source||4 AA batteries in controller unit (Alkaline, Lithium, rechargeable Ni-Cd or Ni-MH AAs are OK)|
|External Power Source||Compact Battery Pack E or E2, and Transistor Pack E|