Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The rugged, waterproof and WiFi-enabled LUMIX FT5 compact adventure camera delivers go-anywhere flexibility with state-of-the-art imaging performance. Unwire your creativity with WiFi technology that allows you to share your pictures instantly from your smartphone. The LUMIX FT5 is the ultimate tough camera, so no matter where you find yourself¿ diving with sea life, hanging from a mountain, or exploring the winding alleys of a foreign market¿ you will take the best shot possible without worrying about your camera. Waterproof to 43 feet, shockproof from 6.5 feet, freezeproof from 14 degrees Fahrenheit, and pressure resistant to 220 lbs, the LUMIX FT5 really is the tough-man of the compact camera market.
Control It and Share Instantly From Your Smartphone
Tough & WiFi with NFC
The advanced WiFi functions of the LUMIX FT5 give you the ability to control, save and share your images easily.
One Touch Connection
Get connected with NFC (Near Field Communication) and you can easily change your smartphone or tablet into a remote control for your LUMIX camera by simply touching the camera and the smartphone or tablet together.
You'll have the ultimate wireless control with the Panasonic Image App. You can use your smartphone or tablet to control the camera's zoom, set the focus, and shoot from a distance.
Getting yourself in the photo has never been easier with remote shooting and now you can even get into the video action too. The FT5 will start and stop video recording from your smartphone or tablet allowing you to reach new heights in your creativity.
Once you've captured your photos and videos remotely, don't worry about running back to the camera to see if you got the shot. You can view images and play back videos right from your smartphone to ensure you got it. You're free to continue shooting right at the spot without moving back to the camera to reset it like you would have to do with the self-timer function.
Touch and Share
Sharing images has never been easier. Simply touch your camera to your friend's smartphone or tablet and an image will be transferred.*
* In 1-thumbnail playback mode.
Panasonic Image App Easy Share
The power of sharing and convenience is in your hands with the free Panasonic Image App for iOS/Android smartphones/tablets. You can instantly upload and share your images on a SNS (Social Networking Service) with the app.
Set up your camera to instantly transfer the photos you shoot to your device. Just start shooting and the camera will do the rest for you.
Wireless TV playback
Sharing your pictures on your large screen TV has never been easier with the WiFi Direct¿ function. You can display images on a TV that supports the Digital Media Renderer (DMR) function of the DLNA standard (Digital Living Network Alliance) like the Panasonic VIERA HDTV.
Instant Creativity With Built-In Creative Effects
Creative Control/Creative Retouch
Panasonic is ready to take the ordinary and make it extraordinary by fueling your creativity with the Creative Control feature (in the recording mode) and the Creative Retouch feature (in the playback mode). These features take simple or complicated scenes and make them easy to capture in a great photo. Simply set the camera to match your scene and it uses sophisticated presets to optimize the camera settings resulting in photos you'll be proud of.
Creative Control for Video
The Creative Control feature for video matches the colors to your subject and surroundings. In Miniature Effect Mode, the video you record is played back 10x faster making it more comical and fun to watch*.
* Sound will not be recorded with Miniature Effect in Creative Control Mode and approximately 1/10 of the time period is recorded. (If you record for 10 minutes, the resulting motion picture recording will be approximately 1 minute long.)
Advanced Underwater Mode
The Red Color Reproduction of Advanced Underwater Mode compensates for the color red that is easily lost in underwater photography. This creates underwater pictures that look more natural. Other modes that deliver incredible results are Sports, Snow, and Beach & Snorkeling. They can all be selected from the menu quickly and easily.
Panasonic has developed the industry's first Creative Panorama functions. Discover 12 filter effects that will take your panorama images to the next level with creative and dramatic results.
For those looking to take on more creative control, the DMC-FT5 has easy-to-use manual controls. You can set the aperture to control the depth of field, and adjust the shutter speed to freeze moving subjects or create a motion blur that exaggerates the feeling of movement.
iA (Intelligent Auto) Mode
In the iA (Intelligent Auto) Mode, the camera does all the work, leaving you free to compose your shot and capture the moment. Simply aim, press, and shoot. The detection and correction functions go to work to give you beautiful photos and videos*.
* The applicable iA Mode functions vary with photos and videos.
You will be delighted by the creative possibilities that Intelligent HDR (High Dynamic Range) delivers. Shoot several still pictures consecutively at different exposure levels that are then overlaid to produce a single composite picture without whiteout (over-exposure) or blackout (under-exposure). The results are stunning.
Intelligent Night Shot
Bright, glamorous night scenery can be recorded without using a tripod when you use the Intelligent Handheld Night Shot. It generates a beautiful night scene with illumination by layering multiple pictures shot consecutively for one outstanding night photo.
Capture Stills or Full HD Video In and Out of the Water
1920 x 1080 60p Full HD Video Recording
Reach new heights in speed and creative possibilities with your videos. Capture all the action while recording full HD 1,920 x 1,080 videos in AVCHD Progressive (MPEG-4 / H.264) format. Featuring 60p (NTSC) full HD recording capability, subjects with fast motion or fine details will be reproduced clearly.
Motion Picture Button
Video recording can be easily started with the press of the Motion Picture Button making it convenient for switching between photo and video shooting instantly.
MP4 Format Recording
If you want to edit your videos on a computer or upload them to a website, the DMC-FT5 can record full HD 1,920 x 1,080 30p (NTSC) videos in MP4 format.
4.6x Optical Zoom during Video Recording
The powerful 4.6x optical zoom is available in video recording to capture subjects in the distance and bring you closer to the action.
Twice the Information of Interlace Recording
1080/60p / 1080/50p (progressive) conveys about twice the information of 1080i (interlace) recording. It creates intricate detail and silky smooth motion. Even when subjects move quickly, afterimages are minimized to create more natural videos.
Reproduces all image data in a single picture.
Panasonic has incorporated a stereo zoom microphone resulting in videos with the high-quality stereo sound of Dolby® Digital. This delivers realistic sound to your videos. Mechanical noise caused by the camera's zooming operation is suppressed to improve the clearness, and the Auto Wind Cut function blocks out most noise from background wind making the voices you are recording stand out.
* Manufactured under license from Dolby Laboratories. Dolby and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
Tough, Smart Travel Companion
In addition to being waterproof, shockproof, dustproof and freezeproof, the durable DMC-FT5 also boasts pressure resistance. Take this camera with you on all of your photographic journeys. From fishing or camping in the springtime, diving, snorkeling, surfing in the summer, mountain climbing in autumn, or skiing and snowboarding in winter, the DMC-FT5 is an all-year-round camera that records stunning memories in beautiful photos and videos.
The DMC-FT5 features pressure resistance of 100 kgf thanks to the reinforced rib structure of its internal design. You can safely put it in your pocket or backpack with ease.
With waterproof performance to a depth of 43ft, equivalent to the "IPX8" standard, the DMC-FT5 delivers active shooting on the beach, underwater or in a pool. If the camera gets dirty, soil and dust can be easily washed off with water.
The DMC-FT5 is shockproof from a height of 6.6ft in accordance with the "MIL-STD 810F Method 516.5-Shock" test standard. Shoot actively while moving around with the camera in one hand worry-free.
The DMC-FT5 is dustproof, equivalent to the "IP6X" standard. While hiking or playing sports, fine dust particles can enter cameras through gaps in the camera body and cause malfunctions. No worries with the DMC-FT5, it can be used in these activities and more without any problems.
Looking to shoot in the cold? The DMC-FT5 is freezeproof to 14 degrees Fahrenheit so get out and shoot your favorite winter activities like skiing, snowboarding or skating.
An anti-fog glass on the lens cover prevents it from being fogged with steam when going from one temperature to the next.
GPS and GLONASS
The GPS (Global Positioning System) in the DMC-FT5 complies with GLONASS (Global Navigation Satellite System), taking advantage of it's increased number of satellites, giving you better accuracy.
Place Name and Landmark Information
The LUMIX's GPS shows the name of the Country/Region, State/Prov/County, County/Township, City/Town/Village and Landmark using the internal data to give you real-time information on your location when taking photos.
The photos and videos with the location names are automatically sorted in a virtual folder alphabetically in the camera allowing you to quickly find them.
GPS Log/Altimeter Log
In addition to the Altimeter logging function, the DMC-FT5 records GPS logging. This allows memorizing travel distances which can be displayed on the Google Earth application.
The DMC-FT5 is specially designed for active outdoor use. It adopts GPS, compass, altimeter and even barometer features to show and record altitude, barometric pressure and orientation data. The barometer also works for underwater depth.
Large 3.0-inch 460K-dot LCD
The DMC-FT5 has a 3.0-inch 460K-dot LCD with a 100% field of view. LUMIX's acclaimed Intelligent LCD function automatically adjusts the brightness in 11 step increments according to your shooting conditions. You can share the fun of viewing images with family and friends too.
State-Of-The-Art Features And Technologies
LEICA DC Lens with Folded Optics Technology
The DMC-FT5 features a high-quality LEICA DC lens with 4.6x optical zoom from 28mm wide-angle to 128mm telephoto (35mm camera equivalent: 28-128mm). The folded optics of the shaft guide method helps ensure the toughness of the lens unit. Passing Leica's renowned stringent standards, this lens delivers exceptional optical performance edge to edge.
28mm Wide-Angle Lens
The 28mm wide-angle lens* easily captures large groups of people indoors or expansive architectural structures and scenes with dynamic width and perspective, even from a short distance away.
9.3x Intelligent Zoom
If the 4.6x optical zoom is not long enough for your photographic journey, the Intelligent Zoom uses digital zoom technology with minimum deterioration of image quality thanks to the Intelligent Resolution technology. The 4.6x optical zoom virtually extends to a 9.3x zoom equivalent.
The POWER O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) suppresses vibration and hand-shake that happens when you press the shutter button or when shooting at night with a slow shutter speed.
16.1-Megapixel MOS Sensor
The new 16.1-megapixel High Sensitivity MOS sensor delivers both high quality image recording and high speed signal processing. The Wavelet NR (Noise Reduction) system*1 in the Venus Engine enables a deliberate noise reduction process without missing low-frequency noise by enlarging its detection area by approx.64x*2. The results are high sensitivity image recording even at ISO 3200.
10 fps with 16.1-Megapixel Full Resolution
With the newly developed MOS sensor, the DMC-FT5 will shoot 10 fps* in 16.1-megapixel full resolution with a mechanical shutter, and 5 fps with continuous AF. You can even take a series of shots, choose the ones you like the best, and delete the rest.
60 fps in 3.5-megapixel Resolution
When you need even more frames per second with higher-speed burst shooting, you can use the electronic shutter and achieve 60 fps.
Quick Start-Up Time
The DMC-FT5 is ready to shoot when you are. With its quick start-up time and Light Speed AF the DMC-FT5 helps you to never miss a moment.
Light Speed AF
Light Speed AF helps catch even the most fleeting photo opportunities. You can quickly focus on moving subjects such as sports, animals or kids.
The DMC-FT5 features a torch light that helps records beautiful videos even in dusky underwater environments or at a nighttime camp. You can even turn on the light to illuminate a subject when the camera function is not activated.
Time Lapse Shot
Have you ever wanted to capture a flower blooming, or clouds floating across the sky? The Time Lapse Shot feature on the DMC-FT5 gives you the creative control to set the start time, interval for taking the images, and the number of pictures to shoot. Once that is set, the camera will automatically record the images without you.
3D Shooting Capability
Photos or videos recorded in AVCHD on the SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Cards are easy to view on a Panasonic VIERA TV. Simply insert the card into the SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card slot on a VIERA TV or DIGA Blu-ray Disc™ player to playback your photos and videos. You can also use an optional HDMI micro cable to output the photos and videos you took from the camera directly to the TV for VIERA Link. Control many of these features using the TV's remote control.
Combine your pictures taken with the 3D Photo Mode and the 3D VIERA TV and your photos come to life in a way you never thought imaginable.
Extended battery Life
The high-energy efficiency and new large capacity battery delivers extended battery life by approximately 20%. You can shoot approximately 370 pictures on a single battery charge
In The Box
- Panasonic DMC-FT5 digital camera
- Battery pack
- Battery charger (AC cable included)
- USB connection cable
- Hand strap
- Operation instructions/Owner's manual
See more by Panasonic
|Best Available Video Mode||HD (1080)|
|Memory Card Type||SD / SDHC / SDXC|
|Weather-sealed||Waterproof / Underwater|
We understand that your shipping options can sometimes be confusing and you may have questions. We hope that this explanation helps to clarify how your item will arrive to you. Above all, we make every effort to save you money and get your product to you quickly and in fantastic condition.
Shipping information for products on robertscamera.com and usedphotopro.com:
- Your order of new products over $100 will ship free of charge. The free shipping method will come via the standard method of our choice of carrier.
- All USED items in condition ‘GOOD’ or better ship free regardless of price
- Our $100 order total is calculated after all rebates, coupon codes and additional discounts have been applied. Gift cards, freight charges and taxes do not count towards the $100 total.
- *Exceptions to this rule – exceptionally large items (ex: large bags, savage paper, etc.) that are dimensionally weighted by our shipping carriers will not qualify for free shipping and will incur shipping charges
- *Free shipping applies only to the contiguous 48 states. Orders to Alaska, Hawaii, and international locations do not qualify for our free shipping promotions.
- *Any upgraded or expedited shipping choice by the customer will incur an additional charge
- *Items that are special order or drop-shipped from our manufacturers and vendors may be ineligible for free shipping
- *Used items in FAIR or INOPERABLE condition are not eligible for free shipping
- PO Boxes are NOT eligible for free shipping
Due to an increased risk of fraud in the electronics industry, most items ship with signature required on delivery.
The Carriers We Use
We will ship your order in the most cost effective manner available to us.
We utilize multiple carriers to get you the best rate. Those options include, but are not limited to:
- Ground Delivery
- 3rd Day
- 2nd Day
- Next Day
- Home Delivery
- Ground Delivery
- 3rd Day
- 2nd Day
- Next Day
- First Class Mail
- Media Mail
- Priority Mail
- Priority Mail Express
A Few Additional Things To Note
- Shipments to PO boxes can only be shipped via US Postal Service
- PO Boxes are NOT eligible for free shipping
- International shipments may incur additional shipping charges. You will be notified via email of those charges and you can chose at that time to accept or decline. Taxes, duties and other fees may be charged by your destination country. Roberts is not responsible for those fees, nor does Roberts have the ability to estimate those fees. You will be charged all shipping and additional fees associated with any item returned because of non-delivery. This includes but is not limited to: Failure to pay said duties and taxes, incorrect address, not available to receive package in timely manner resulting in package being returned to Roberts or Used Photo Pro.
- Gift Cards ship USPS 1st class or you can use our on-line electronic delivery option and an email will be sent with gift card information
- You will receive an email with your order tracking number once your order has shipped
- Order cut-off times:
- Monday – Friday: Your order will ship same day if your order is placed by 1:00pm EST
- Saturday/Sunday: Any order placed after 1pm on Friday will ship on Monday
ALL ORDERS ARE SUBJECT TO APPROVAL BY OUR PROCESSING DEPARTMENT. WE WILL NOTIFY YOU IN A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME IF YOUR ORDER MAY BE DELAYED.
Our Return PoliciesFor the first 14 days do not complete your manufacturer's warranty cards!
At Roberts Camera / UsedPhotoPro, we understand that sometimes you might have a change of heart and decide that you need to return your product. Therefore, we are proud to offer a 14-day Hassle Free Return Policy. If you would like to return your purchase within fourteen (14) days of receiving it, please contact our customer service department so that we may assist you and issue you a return authorization. Sending merchandise without authorization may delay your return. Items returned must be in the same condition that they were received and must include all items (including box and accessories) that they shipped with in order to be eligible for a full refund.
- All returned merchandise must be accompanied by a sales receipt and be returned within 14 days of purchase.
- All used items over $1500.00 are subject to a 15% restocking fee.
- No refunds or exchanges on special order merchandise.
- All merchandise must be returned in its original packaging. If a warranty card was included, it must be returned BLANK and not completed. Once the warranty card is completed, we cannot help you by exchanging your item and any problems will have to be handled as warranty claims with the manufacturer.
- Merchandise purchased 'As Is' may not be returned for any reason.
- After 14 days, products in new condition will be subject to manufacturer's warranty and the warranty card included with your product should be consulted for information on getting your product serviced or replaced. Roberts Camera will happily mediate this process for you. If you so desire, see our Repair Policies below for more details.
- After 14 days, merchandise cannot be returned to Roberts as new stock.
- After 14 days, functional products may be returned to us as used stock. The value you will be offered for products in this case will be determined by current used market value. To request a quote on the value of your used gear, please click here
- Sales of all sensitized materials including film, paper, video and audio tape are final. There will be no returns, refunds or exchanges on these items.
- Drones: No returns on drones unless due to manufacturer defect. If defective, they must return prior to 7 business days of receiving the item. All repairs on DJI drones must go through dji.com.
Initiate a Return
If there are any questions or problems with your order, please feel free to contact your salesperson or the following web services departments directly, as we will work to get you completely taken care of:
- If your product was ordered via robertscamera.com - please contact us at 1-800-726-5544 or email@example.com to process your return
- If your product was ordered via usedphotopro.com or our eBay store - please contact us at 317-917-7055 or firstname.lastname@example.org to process your return
- If your product was ordered via Amazon, please contact us at email@example.com
- If you have a product that you need to return due to initial defect or otherwise, please call us at 1-800-726-5544 to obtain a Return Authorization Number (RA#). If an RA# is not obtained, it may delay any credits or replacements requested.
We know that during the holiday season, you might be purchasing some gifts that cannot always be properly tested out within our standard 14 day return policy. That is why during the holiday season we offer an extended return policy for your convenience! For any purchase made between Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve, please indicate in the gift message area that your purchase is a gift. This will qualify you to return any purchase made during the holiday season NO LATER THAN JANUARY 10th. Your item must be in the same condition that is was received and be returned with the receipt as well as the original packaging to receive a full refund. After January 10th, merchandise cannot be returned to Roberts as new stock. All other return policies apply.
Our Rewards Program
Roberts and UsedPhotoPro appreciate all of our customers very much. We know that you have many, many choices when you shop and we are grateful that you have chosen to place your trust in us. And to reward you for that, we think that you should get a little something back when you shop with us! Therefore, we are very pleased to roll out an updated rewards program to not only say thank you for shopping with us, but also to thank you for sharing us with your friends and family!
Our rewards program gives you the opportunity to earn real money towards your next purchase through signing up for an account with us, shopping, leaving reviews, sharing your purchases and favorite products on Twitter, Facebook or Pinterest, and much, much more. (Hint: We make it pretty easy to earn these points...so take advantage!)
$100 = 100 Points = $1 Spent Earned Cash back
Here are a few rules and then check out our handy chart below to see how you can start earning rewards points today!
- You earn 100 points for every $100 that you spend!
- 100 points = $1 cash back to you!
- Points must be used within 6 months from the date earned, at this point they will expire and you will no longer be able to redeem them.
- There is no limit on how many points you can redeem at a time!
- You must have an account with us to earn and redeem points.
- Not all orders and purchases with Roberts will qualify to earn reward points. Purchases made for business, corporate, government or EDU accounts may not qualify for points and orders placed over the phone may not qualify. Roberts reserves the right to modify this reward policy at any time.
- Rewards points may not be used to purchase gift cards for Roberts Camera or UsedPhotoPro
Points Limits Create an Account (required to earn points) 250 One-time Send a product to a friend 5 Unlimited Have a birthday (must provide a birthday in your account) 100 Once a year automatically Like, tweet, or pin a product page 5 2 per day each Share a purchase on FB or Twitter 10 Once per day each
How We Handle Preorders
We do our best to reflect the price you will be charged to complete your purchase once stock arrives, but due to occasional changes from our manufacturers prices are subject to change until we have the item ready for delivery.
- Your preorder with Roberts adds your name to a waitlist for this equipment. You do not have to pay any money to be added to our waitlist.
- When this product arrives in our warehouse, we will contact you directly to determine if you would like to move forward with the purchase of this product.
- At that time, you will be provided with pricing and a delivery time frame.