Need help? Questions? Call us at 1-800-726-5544
- Wide F1.8 maximum aperture enables beautiful defocusing effects
- 9-blade circular aperture creates beautiful round defocused bokeh
- ED glass element for corner-to-corner sharpness
- Double linear motor system for fast, quiet and precise focusing
- Direct control w/ customizable focus hold button and AF/MF switch
- Compact and lightweight ideal for full-frame and APS C cameras
- Robust and reliable dust and moisture resistant design
- Internal focus, maintains lens dimensions while focusing
Capture beautiful portraits with this affordable 85mm F1.8 full-frame E-mount mid-telephoto prime lens. This compact, lightweight lens is ideal for both full-frame and APS C cameras. The 9-blade fast F1.8 aperture delivers beautiful background defocus effects while the dust and moisture resistant design offers robust reliability.
Large F1.8 maximum aperture
The 85mm focal length is a perfect choice for portrait photography as the maximum F1.8 aperture opens up a world of beautiful prime-lens bokeh. The large F1.8 maximum aperture enables beautiful defocusing effects and enables massive amount of light for low-light or dimly lit shooting scenarios.
9-blade circular aperture
The 9-blade circular aperture maximizes the beauty captured by this large-aperture prime-lens, contributing to impressive images in which the subject stands out against a smoothly defocused background bokeh as well as naturally rendered points of defocused light.
Double linear motor system for fast and precise focusing
A double linear motor system is used to allow fast, precise focusing, even at challenging maximum F1.8 aperture where the depth of field is very shallow. Operation is responsive and quiet whether you’re focusing manually or using autofocus. This, with its rapid response ability for fine focus adjustment, make it ideal for movie recording as well.
Customizable focus hold button
The focus hold button not only performs its primary function to lock focus when recomposing, but can be customized to a number of other functions depending on your needs. In addition to Focus Hold, these custom functions include: Eye AF, AF On, Aperture Preview, Shot Result Preview or Bright Monitoring.
Refined optical performance
The refined optical design includes an ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass element which dramatically reduces chromatic aberration and provides superior contrast across the entire image, even at large aperture settings, resulting in corner-to-corner sharpness.
AF /MF switch
A direct AF/MF switch on the lens barrel conveniently allows for fast selection between autofocus or manual focus without having to access any menus.
Dust and moisture resistant for robust reliability
The dust and moisture resistant design makes this lens appropriate for heavy-duty outdoor use, especially when combined with a camera that employs weather resistant measures. 1
Only the middle groups of the optical system move to achieve focus, so the overall length of the lens does not change when focusing. This is especially important when using for video recording. Other important benefits include fast autofocusing and a short minimum focusing distance. Also, the filter thread at the front of the lens does not rotate, which is convenient when using a polarizing filter.
In The Box
- Sony FE 85mm f/1.8 SEL85F18
- Hood (model): ALC-SH150
- Lens front cap: ALC-F67S
- Lens rear cap: ALC-R1EM
See more by Sony
|Weather-sealed||Splash / Dust|
|FORMAT||35 mm full frame|
|FOCAL LENGTH (MM)||85|
|35 MM EQUIVALENT FOCAL LENGTH (APS-C)||127.5|
|LENS GROUPS / ELEMENTS||8-9|
|ANGLE OF VIEW (35 MM)||29°|
|ANGLE OF VIEW (APS-C)||19°|
|MAXIMUM APERTURE (F)||1.8|
|MINIMUM APERTURE (F)||22|
|MINIMUM FOCUS DISTANCE||2.63 ft (0.8 m)|
|MAXIMUM MAGNIFICATION RATIO (X)||0.13|
|FILTER DIAMETER (MM||67|
|IMAGE STABILIZATION (STEADYSHOT)||- (body-integrated)|
|HOOD TYPE||Round, bayonet type|
|DIMENSIONS (DIAMETER X LENGTH)||3 1/8 x 3 1/4" (78 x 82 mm)|
|WEIGHT||13.1 oz (371 g)|
|What's In The Box||
Hood (model): ALC-SH150|
Lens front cap: ALC-F67S
Lens rear cap: ALC-R1EM
We understand that your shipping options can sometimes be confusing and you may have questions. We hope that this explanation helps to clarify how your item will arrive to you. Above all, we make every effort to save you money and get your product to you quickly and in fantastic condition.
Shipping information for products on robertscamera.com and usedphotopro.com:
- Your order of new products over $100 will ship free of charge. The free shipping method will come via the standard method of our choice of carrier.
- All USED items in condition ‘GOOD’ or better ship free regardless of price
- Our $100 order total is calculated after all rebates, coupon codes and additional discounts have been applied. Gift cards, freight charges and taxes do not count towards the $100 total.
- *Exceptions to this rule – exceptionally large items (ex: large bags, savage paper, etc.) that are dimensionally weighted by our shipping carriers will not qualify for free shipping and will incur shipping charges
- *Free shipping applies only to the contiguous 48 states. Orders to Alaska, Hawaii, and international locations do not qualify for our free shipping promotions.
- *Any upgraded or expedited shipping choice by the customer will incur an additional charge
- *Items that are special order or drop-shipped from our manufacturers and vendors may be ineligible for free shipping
- *Used items in FAIR or INOPERABLE condition are not eligible for free shipping
- PO Boxes are NOT eligible for free shipping
Due to an increased risk of fraud in the electronics industry, most items ship with signature required on delivery.
The Carriers We Use
We will ship your order in the most cost effective manner available to us.
We utilize multiple carriers to get you the best rate. Those options include, but are not limited to:
- Ground Delivery
- 3rd Day
- 2nd Day
- Next Day
- Home Delivery
- Ground Delivery
- 3rd Day
- 2nd Day
- Next Day
- First Class Mail
- Media Mail
- Priority Mail
- Priority Mail Express
A Few Additional Things To Note
- Shipments to PO boxes can only be shipped via US Postal Service
- PO Boxes are NOT eligible for free shipping
- International shipments may incur additional shipping charges. You will be notified via email of those charges and you can chose at that time to accept or decline. Taxes, duties and other fees may be charged by your destination country. Roberts is not responsible for those fees, nor does Roberts have the ability to estimate those fees. You will be charged all shipping and additional fees associated with any item returned because of non-delivery. This includes but is not limited to: Failure to pay said duties and taxes, incorrect address, not available to receive package in timely manner resulting in package being returned to Roberts or Used Photo Pro.
- Gift Cards ship USPS 1st class or you can use our on-line electronic delivery option and an email will be sent with gift card information
- You will receive an email with your order tracking number once your order has shipped
- Order cut-off times:
- Monday – Friday: Your order will ship same day if your order is placed by 1:00pm EST
- Saturday/Sunday: Any order placed after 1pm on Friday will ship on Monday
ALL ORDERS ARE SUBJECT TO APPROVAL BY OUR PROCESSING DEPARTMENT. WE WILL NOTIFY YOU IN A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME IF YOUR ORDER MAY BE DELAYED.
Our Return PoliciesFor the first 14 days do not complete your manufacturer's warranty cards!
At Roberts Camera / UsedPhotoPro, we understand that sometimes you might have a change of heart and decide that you need to return your product. Therefore, we are proud to offer a 14-day Hassle Free Return Policy. If you would like to return your purchase within fourteen (14) days of receiving it, please contact our customer service department so that we may assist you and issue you a return authorization. Sending merchandise without authorization may delay your return. Items returned must be in the same condition that they were received and must include all items (including box and accessories) that they shipped with in order to be eligible for a full refund.
- All returned merchandise must be accompanied by a sales receipt and be returned within 14 days of purchase.
- All used items over $1500.00 are subject to a 15% restocking fee.
- No refunds or exchanges on special order merchandise.
- All merchandise must be returned in its original packaging. If a warranty card was included, it must be returned BLANK and not completed. Once the warranty card is completed, we cannot help you by exchanging your item and any problems will have to be handled as warranty claims with the manufacturer.
- Merchandise purchased 'As Is' may not be returned for any reason.
- After 14 days, products in new condition will be subject to manufacturer's warranty and the warranty card included with your product should be consulted for information on getting your product serviced or replaced. Roberts Camera will happily mediate this process for you. If you so desire, see our Repair Policies below for more details.
- After 14 days, merchandise cannot be returned to Roberts as new stock.
- After 14 days, functional products may be returned to us as used stock. The value you will be offered for products in this case will be determined by current used market value. To request a quote on the value of your used gear, please click here
- Sales of all sensitized materials including film, paper, video and audio tape are final. There will be no returns, refunds or exchanges on these items.
- Drones: No returns on drones unless due to manufacturer defect. If defective, they must return prior to 7 business days of receiving the item. All repairs on DJI drones must go through dji.com.
Initiate a Return
If there are any questions or problems with your order, please feel free to contact your salesperson or the following web services departments directly, as we will work to get you completely taken care of:
- If your product was ordered via robertscamera.com - please contact us at 1-800-726-5544 or firstname.lastname@example.org to process your return
- If your product was ordered via usedphotopro.com or our eBay store - please contact us at 317-917-7055 or email@example.com to process your return
- If your product was ordered via Amazon, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have a product that you need to return due to initial defect or otherwise, please call us at 1-800-726-5544 to obtain a Return Authorization Number (RA#). If an RA# is not obtained, it may delay any credits or replacements requested.
We know that during the holiday season, you might be purchasing some gifts that cannot always be properly tested out within our standard 14 day return policy. That is why during the holiday season we offer an extended return policy for your convenience! For any purchase made between Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve, please indicate in the gift message area that your purchase is a gift. This will qualify you to return any purchase made during the holiday season NO LATER THAN JANUARY 10th. Your item must be in the same condition that is was received and be returned with the receipt as well as the original packaging to receive a full refund. After January 10th, merchandise cannot be returned to Roberts as new stock. All other return policies apply.
Our Rewards Program
Roberts and UsedPhotoPro appreciate all of our customers very much. We know that you have many, many choices when you shop and we are grateful that you have chosen to place your trust in us. And to reward you for that, we think that you should get a little something back when you shop with us! Therefore, we are very pleased to roll out an updated rewards program to not only say thank you for shopping with us, but also to thank you for sharing us with your friends and family!
Our rewards program gives you the opportunity to earn real money towards your next purchase through signing up for an account with us, shopping, leaving reviews, sharing your purchases and favorite products on Twitter, Facebook or Pinterest, and much, much more. (Hint: We make it pretty easy to earn these points...so take advantage!)
$100 = 100 Points = $1 Spent Earned Cash back
Here are a few rules and then check out our handy chart below to see how you can start earning rewards points today!
- You earn 100 points for every $100 that you spend!
- 100 points = $1 cash back to you!
- Points must be used within 6 months from the date earned, at this point they will expire and you will no longer be able to redeem them.
- There is no limit on how many points you can redeem at a time!
- You must have an account with us to earn and redeem points.
- Not all orders and purchases with Roberts will qualify to earn reward points. Purchases made for business, corporate, government or EDU accounts may not qualify for points and orders placed over the phone may not qualify. Roberts reserves the right to modify this reward policy at any time.
- Rewards points may not be used to purchase gift cards for Roberts Camera or UsedPhotoPro
Points Limits Create an Account (required to earn points) 250 One-time Send a product to a friend 5 Unlimited Have a birthday (must provide a birthday in your account) 100 Once a year automatically Like, tweet, or pin a product page 5 2 per day each Share a purchase on FB or Twitter 10 Once per day each
How We Handle Preorders
We do our best to reflect the price you will be charged to complete your purchase once stock arrives, but due to occasional changes from our manufacturers prices are subject to change until we have the item ready for delivery.
- Your preorder with Roberts adds your name to a waitlist for this equipment. You do not have to pay any money to be added to our waitlist.
- When this product arrives in our warehouse, we will contact you directly to determine if you would like to move forward with the purchase of this product.
- At that time, you will be provided with pricing and a delivery time frame.