Questions? Email us at email@example.com
12.2MP full-frame sensor for low light & wide dynamic range
The innovative α7S II features a 12.2 effective megapixel full-frame Exmor® CMOS sensor paired with a powerful BIONZ X image processor, allowing it to shoot at a sensitivity range of ISO 50 – 40960042 with unprecedented dynamic range. The extra-large pixels on the α7S II collects dramatically more light than traditional cameras to produce beautifully detailed low-noise images in even the most challenging lighting situations.
World’s first5 Full-frame 4K movie recording1 with full pixel readout and no pixel binning
The α7S II is the world’s first5 camera to offer internal 4K movie recording1 in the full-frame format with full pixel readout and no line skipping or pixel binning - resulting in images that exhibit higher resolution and less moiré and jaggies than typical 4K movies. It also provides you the option of shooting 4k in the super 35mm format and the ability to capture uncompressed 4:2:2 Full HD or 4K QFHD output via HDMI to optional 3rd party external recorders6. Enjoy the improved autofocus with 169 AF points and let every lens benefit from the 5-ais SteadyShot INSIDE image stabilization.
Fast precise focusing in light as low as EV -4 with 169-point AF
The α7S II has been upgraded from the α7S and now offers 169 AF points for fast, precise focusing with greater accuracy compared to the original α7S. The low signal-to-noise ratio produced by the image sensor of the α7S II enables the Fast Intelligent AF to detect contrast more easily and react speedily even in low-light situations (as low as EV-4), when it’s even tough to check focus with the naked eye. The AF performance on the α7S II is also twice as fast as the α7S during video shooting.
5-axis in-body image stabilization benefits every lens
The 5-axis SteadyShot™ INSIDE image stabilization system is fine-tuned for 4k video capture. It accurately compensates for blur caused by camera shake from five different directions—vertical, horizontal, pitch, yaw and roll—as opposed to only two in previous systems. The 5-axis image stabilizing system excels during video recording and even compensates for blur caused by the user walking or running. It’s a true marvel of engineering. You can even monitor the stabilizing effects of camera shake compensation in the viewfinder or LCD screen while shooting still images by pressing the shutter button halfway or magnifying the image, and while shooting movies by entering movie mode.
120P Full HD 1920x1080 high-frame rate video3 for 5x slow motion
For the first time ever in the Sony α7 camera series, the α7S II can support high frame rate 120fps shooting in full-HD resolution (1920x1080) 100Mbps3 using the entire full frame sensor. Video can immediately be reviewed on the camera screen and eventually edited into appealing 4x/5x slow motion footage in Full HD (24p/30p) resolution.
Supports Picture Profiles, S-Gamut3.Cine/S-Log3
The α7S II boasts numerous features, common to Sony’s range of professional video cameras that enhance a cinematographer’s ability to capture breathtaking video while benefiting their workflow. Video functionality has been enhanced with new picture profile settings; S-Gamut3, Cine/S-Log3 and S-Gamut3/S-Log3, simplifying color correction and delivering wide dynamic range (up to 1300%). The α7S II even offers impressive 14-stop latitude in the S-Log3 gamma setting, while also supporting other popular profiles for cinematographers including S-Gamut/S-Log2 that can adjust settings like gamma, black, level and color adjustment, and can be saved for use in a multi-camera shoot. Other enhancements include the addition of Gamma Display Assist, a new function that allows users to pre-visualize the post-graded video when recording S-Log movies, and the improvement of the Zebra function for even greater control.
2.4-million dot XGA OLED Tru-Finder™ w/ ZEISS T* coating
The XGA OLED Tru-Finder in the α7S II has been upgraded with the world’s highest viewfinder magnification7 of 0.78x (roughly 38.5 degrees in diagonal field of view) and shows clear images across the entire display area. The use of ZEISS T* Coating ensures sharp reduction of reflections on the viewfinder. Unlike an optical viewfinder, the OLED Tru-Finder can be used to instantly show how exposure compensation, white balance and other selected settings are affecting the displayed image.
Durable reduced-vibration shutter
The α7S II ‘s shutter includes a new braking mechanism which cuts mechanical front/rear curtain vibration by about 50%2. Additionally, you can use the electronic front curtain shutter mode for even less vibration. This not only minimizes camera shake that can blur details and also reduces noise. Silent shutter mode eliminates shutter activation entirely for completely silent shooting. The new shutter mechanism on the α7S II is extremely durable having being tested to 500,000 cycles8.
Simple connectivity to smartphones via Wi-Fi®/NFC9.
Thanks to built-in Wi-Fi®, you can easily connect to a compatible iOS or Android™ smartphone or tablet with the free PlayMemories Mobile App. From there you can control your camera, preview and frame using your mobile device and trigger the camera shutter or movie button. Then instantly transfer a photo or MP4 movie to your device. NFC™ (Near Field Communication) provides “one-touch connection” convenience to Android™ smartphones and tablets with NFC. Simply touch devices to connect. Setting up your mobile device is as simple as downloading a free PlayMemories Mobile app (www.sony.net/pmm/).
Personalize your camera with PlayMemories™ Camera Apps4.
Add new features to your α7S II with PlayMemories™ Camera Apps4. Find apps to fit your shooting style - with everything from time lapse, motion shot and more. Use apps that shoot, share and save photos to your smartphone using Wi-Fi®, making it easy to post photos directly to your favorite social media site or backup images to the cloud without connecting to a computer.
Wider lens compatibility
Directly compatible with the growing family of E-mount lenses, the α7S II can also be used with Sony’s A-mount and others lens systems with optional adapters10. Sony’s complete α lens system includes several premium offerings from Carl Zeiss® and G Series Lenses. Sony’s E-mount lens system is particularly well-suited for video shooting, with a variety of models containing “movie-friendly” features like smooth focusing, powered zoom control, and silent iris/aperture control. 5-axis image stabilization lets you enjoy unparalleled handheld shooting freedom with more of your favorite mountable lenses.
New-generation RGB filter with gapless on-chip lens design
The larger than normal pixel size on the 35mm full-frame image sensor with effective 12.2MP, employs Sony’s latest image sensor technologies on the α7S. To boost the image sensor’s light collection efficiency, a new-generation RGB color filter has been adopted, in addition to the gapless on-chip lens design, light concentration technology and photodiode expansion technology delivers unprecedented high sensitivity and low-noise levels with high dynamic range in every light condition from severe low light to bright sunlight. By applying an AR coating on the surface of the seal glass over the image sensor, ghosting and flare have been minimized, further contributing to the α7S’s high image quality.
Tough magnesium alloy body and robust lens mount
Designed for solid reliability and steady handling, the α7S II’s compact body is built to withstand the rigors of shooting in the field, thanks to an internal structure and top, front, and rear covers all made of strong, rigid magnesium alloy. Furthermore, the α7S II features a robust lens mount with the strength and rigidity to match the body – this is especially good for mounting large, heavy lenses such as super telephoto lenses and those preferred for movie shooting.
3” LCD screen tilts up and down for easy high and low-angle framing.
The tiltable 3” (1,229k dots) Xtra Fine LCD™ Display makes it easy to photograph over crowds, or objects close to the ground or maybe you just want to get a different perspective. The screen can swivel up approx. 107° and down approx. 41°. The large display delivers brilliant-quality still images and movies thanks to WhiteMagic™ technology that nearly doubles the brightness of the display through a unique RGBW pixel structure for easier checking of the focus and image details.
High-bit-rate XAVC S™ format for 4K recording3
XAVC S™ format3 now supports 4K recording u to 100Mbps bit rate as well as Full HD recording at 50Mbps, so the α7S II can capture movies6 filled with finely detailed movement. For efficient handling, XAVC S™ files are minimized in size using Long GOP data compression, and contained in the widely compatible MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 format.
Uncompressed 4:2:2 4K QFHD and Full HD output via HDMI6
In video mode, the α7S II can output 8-bit 4K video at QFHD (3840x2160) in 4:2:2 to an optional external 3rd party 4K recorder via the HDMI6 for much higher bitrate recording and greater tonal gradation and color detail.
Compatible with professional microphone systems.
The α7S II has a MI (Multi interface) shoe that is compatible with Sony’s optional external microphones including XLR Adaptor Microphone Kits (XLR-K1M and XLR-K2M), allowing you to use professional XLR microphone systems for balanced audio during recording. Audio features include audio level controls, AAC/Linear PCM11, and Audio Out Timing for Line or Lip Sync along with 1/8” microphone and headphone jacks.
Make it your own with easy button customization12
You can assign any of 64 functions12 to any of 10 customizable buttons as you like. This makes operation more intuitive, quick and easy, and is extra-convenient for accessing such functions as starting and stopping of movie recording and switching between viewfinder and monitor.
Power supply via USB
Operation of the α7S II can be powered via USB connection to AC adaptor, a PC or mobile battery. This conserves the camera’s battery, allowing you extended use of the camera without worrying that the battery will run out. When the camera is turned off, the battery can be charged via the same connection.
Dust and moisture resistance
Enjoy carefree shooting in tough environments, thanks to comprehensive dust and moisture resistance measures that help prevent water and dust from entering the body. These measures include sealing around the buttons and dials, as well as a protective double-layered structure that tightly interlocks panels and components. Note: This camera is designed for optimal dust and moisture resistance, but is not waterproof or splashproof.
Anti-dust system and coating
To keep your photos blemish-free, a special anti-static coating on the surface of the optical filter suppresses the attachment of both dry and moist dust particles when changing lenses. An anti-dust mechanism also vibrates at high speed when you select Cleaning Mode, to remove any particles adhering to the filter.
Meticulously crafted controls
Controls are refined for intuitive operation and immediate adjustment even while looking through the viewfinder. The front and rear dials have been particularly refined and positioned for easier, more efficient handling and turning. Also, a new mode dial locking mechanism prevents inadvertent changes of shooting mode at all times.
Enhanced grip and shutter button
The grip is refined in shape and height to support a more secure grasp of the camera even when a large lens is mounted. This also contributes to more confident operation of the shutter button and dials. Moreover, the shutter button has been reshaped and shifted forward to enable more natural shooting with less camera shake.
Focus Magnifier & Peaking function
You can clearly magnify the image to simplify manual fine-tuning of the focus whether shooting still images or movies. The Peaking function can also be activated to colorize the most sharply focused areas of your image for quick confirmation.
This function that boosts image brightness by changing shutter speed, for example, can be assigned to a customizable button for easy access when shooting a starry sky or other dark scene.
Creative Style settings bring out the character of your scene. Simply select any of 13 settings (Vivid, Portrait, etc.) and the camera will adjust image parameters. You can also fine-tune contrast, saturation* and sharpness to suit your preference. * Not available when B/W or Sepia mode is selected.
Auto HDR (High Dynamic Range)
Auto HDR composites the best details from three exposures to expand the dynamic range of your images from darkest shadows to brightest highlights and capture all the tonal gradations seen by your naked eye.
Tether your camera to a PC for Remote Camera Control.
Remote Camera Control allows you to control your α7II from your PC and transfer files using a USB cable. Feature control has also been updated to include video capture control.
Image Data Converter
Advanced features enable manipulation, conversion and management of full-resolution RAW images. You can expertly adjust exposure, white balance, tonal curves, saturation, contrast, hue and sharpness — as well as apply DRO and vignetting compensation.
Easy-to-use image management software installs onto Windows and Mac computers. Use it for easy viewing, editing and printing. You can also upload and share content via network services Note: Features are different on Mac and Windows versions.
Footnotes1. Movie recording is possible for approximately 29 minutes
2. Standard ISO range: Still 100 – 102400, Movie 200-102400; Expandable ISO range: Still 50-409600, Movie 200-409600
3. A class 10 or higher SDXC memory card is required to record movies in the XAVC S™ format. UHS Speed Class 3 is also required for recording at 100Mbps
4. Requires a valid Sony Entertainment Network account. Some apps require a fee.
5. Among digital cameras with a 35mm full-frame image sensor at the time of September 11, 2015 press release, based on Sony research.
6. Requires compatible recorder. 4K movie recording requires a 4K-compatible recorder
7. Among digital still camera viewfinders at the time of September 2015 press release. Full-display diagonal field of view: approx. 38.5 degrees; live-view-display diagonal field of view: approx. 37.2 degrees. The viewfinder magnification is approx. 0.78x (with 50mm lens at infinity, -1m-1). As of September 2015 based on Sony research.
8. According to Sony internal testing, with the electronic front curtain shutter activated.
9. Requires PlayMemories Mobile™ app installed on compatible Android™ or iOS device or an active 802.11 Wi-Fi® network (802.11n recommended). PlayMemories camera apps require download with existing Sony Entertainment Network account. Download available in all countries/areas where Sony Entertainment Network is available.
10. Requires optional LA-EA3 or LA-EA4 lens adaptor with Sony A-mount lens. Compatibility with lenses other than Sony E-mount requires optional adaptors. Function is not guaranteed and may vary by adaptor.
11. Linear PCM in XAVC S recording mode
12. Some functions can only be assigned to certain buttons.
In The Box
- Sony a7S II body
- Rechargeable Battery NP-FW50
- Cable Protector
- AC Adaptor AC-UUD11
- Battery Charger BC-VW1
- Shoulder strap
- Body cap
- Accessory shoe cap
- Eyepiece cup
- Micro USB cable
See more by Sony
|Crop Factor||1x (Full Frame)|
|Best Available Video Mode||4K|
|Memory Card Type||SD / SDHC / SDXC|
|Weather-sealed||Splash / Dust|
|Weights and Measurements||
|SteadyShot INSIDE (image stabilization)||
|In the box||
Roberts Camera is happy to offer our customers a flexible financing option powered by FuturePay. It’s secure, convenient, and easy to use. Just select FuturePay when you check out so you can buy now and pay later.
Apply and Check Out in Seconds
You can easily apply for an account in seconds when you check out. And with monthly payments starting as low as $25/month, you can buy now and pay later for your purchases at your own pace.
No Hidden Fees
At the end of every billing period you can pay your balance in full or carry your balance a month longer for as little as $5/month. Simple and transparent so you can plan for the future.
Safe and Secure
You can apply for financing without worrying about your online safety. FuturePay keeps your information secure by using the latest in fraud prevention security tools.
Questions about FuturePay services, financing, or your FuturePay account should be directed to FuturePay. Roberts Camera / UsedPhotoPro do not provide any of these services directly. To contact FuturePay, use the information here:
Roberts’ flexible financing option is powered by FuturePay.
We understand that your shipping options can sometimes be confusing and you may have questions. We hope that this explanation helps to clarify how your item will arrive to you. Above all, we make every effort to save you money and get your product to you quickly and in fantastic condition.
Shipping information for products on robertscamera.com and usedphotopro.com:
- Your order of new products over $100 will ship free of charge. The free shipping method will come via the standard method of our choice of carrier.
- All USED items in condition ‘GOOD’ or better ship free regardless of price
- Our $100 order total is calculated after all rebates, coupon codes and additional discounts have been applied. Gift cards, freight charges and taxes do not count towards the $100 total.
- *Exceptions to this rule – exceptionally large items (ex: large bags, savage paper, etc.) that are dimensionally weighted by our shipping carriers will not qualify for free shipping and will incur shipping charges
- *Free shipping applies only to the contiguous 48 states. Orders to Alaska, Hawaii, and international locations do not qualify for our free shipping promotions.
- *Any upgraded or expedited shipping choice by the customer will incur an additional charge
- *Items that are special order or drop-shipped from our manufacturers and vendors may be ineligible for free shipping
- *Used items in FAIR or INOPERABLE condition are not eligible for free shipping
- PO Boxes are NOT eligible for free shipping
Due to an increased risk of fraud in the electronics industry, most items ship with signature required on delivery.
The Carriers We Use
We will ship your order in the most cost effective manner available to us.
We utilize multiple carriers to get you the best rate. Those options include, but are not limited to:
- Ground Delivery
- 3rd Day
- 2nd Day
- Next Day
- Home Delivery
- Ground Delivery
- 3rd Day
- 2nd Day
- Next Day
- First Class Mail
- Media Mail
- Priority Mail
- Priority Mail Express
A Few Additional Things To Note
- Shipments to PO boxes can only be shipped via US Postal Service
- PO Boxes are NOT eligible for free shipping
- International shipments may incur additional shipping charges. You will be notified via email of those charges and you can chose at that time to accept or decline. Taxes, duties and other fees may be charged by your destination country. Roberts is not responsible for those fees, nor does Roberts have the ability to estimate those fees. You will be charged all shipping and additional fees associated with any item returned because of non-delivery. This includes but is not limited to: Failure to pay said duties and taxes, incorrect address, not available to receive package in timely manner resulting in package being returned to Roberts or Used Photo Pro.
- Gift Cards ship USPS 1st class or you can use our on-line electronic delivery option and an email will be sent with gift card information
- You will receive an email with your order tracking number once your order has shipped
- Order cut-off times:
- Monday – Friday: Your order will ship same day if your order is placed by 1:00pm EST
- Saturday/Sunday: Any order placed after 1pm on Friday will ship on Monday
ALL ORDERS ARE SUBJECT TO APPROVAL BY OUR PROCESSING DEPARTMENT. WE WILL NOTIFY YOU IN A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME IF YOUR ORDER MAY BE DELAYED.
Our Return PoliciesFor the first 14 days do not complete your manufacturer's warranty cards!
At Roberts Camera / UsedPhotoPro, we understand that sometimes you might have a change of heart and decide that you need to return your product. Therefore, we are proud to offer a 14-day Hassle Free Return Policy. If you would like to return your purchase within fourteen (14) days of receiving it, please contact our customer service department so that we may assist you and issue you a return authorization. Sending merchandise without authorization may delay your return. Items returned must be in the same condition that they were received and must include all items (including box and accessories) that they shipped with in order to be eligible for a full refund.
- All returned merchandise must be accompanied by a sales receipt and be returned within 14 days of purchase.
- All used items over $1500.00 are subject to a 15% restocking fee.
- No refunds or exchanges on special order merchandise.
- All merchandise must be returned in its original packaging. If a warranty card was included, it must be returned BLANK and not completed. Once the warranty card is completed, we cannot help you by exchanging your item and any problems will have to be handled as warranty claims with the manufacturer.
- Merchandise purchased 'As Is' may not be returned for any reason.
- After 14 days, products in new condition will be subject to manufacturer's warranty and the warranty card included with your product should be consulted for information on getting your product serviced or replaced. Roberts Camera will happily mediate this process for you. If you so desire, see our Repair Policies below for more details.
- After 14 days, merchandise cannot be returned to Roberts as new stock.
- After 14 days, functional products may be returned to us as used stock. The value you will be offered for products in this case will be determined by current used market value. To request a quote on the value of your used gear, please click here
- Sales of all sensitized materials including film, paper, video and audio tape are final. There will be no returns, refunds or exchanges on these items.
- Drones: No returns on drones unless due to manufacturer defect. If defective, they must return prior to 7 business days of receiving the item. All repairs on DJI drones must go through dji.com.
Initiate a Return
If there are any questions or problems with your order, please feel free to contact your salesperson or the following web services departments directly, as we will work to get you completely taken care of:
- If your product was ordered via robertscamera.com - please contact us at 1-800-726-5544 or firstname.lastname@example.org to process your return
- If your product was ordered via usedphotopro.com or our eBay store - please contact us at 317-917-7055 or email@example.com to process your return
- If your product was ordered via Amazon, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have a product that you need to return due to initial defect or otherwise, please call us at 1-800-726-5544 to obtain a Return Authorization Number (RA#). If an RA# is not obtained, it may delay any credits or replacements requested.
We know that during the holiday season, you might be purchasing some gifts that cannot always be properly tested out within our standard 14 day return policy. That is why during the holiday season we offer an extended return policy for your convenience! For any purchase made between Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve, please indicate in the gift message area that your purchase is a gift. This will qualify you to return any purchase made during the holiday season NO LATER THAN JANUARY 10th. Your item must be in the same condition that is was received and be returned with the receipt as well as the original packaging to receive a full refund. After January 10th, merchandise cannot be returned to Roberts as new stock. All other return policies apply.
Our Rewards Program
Roberts and UsedPhotoPro appreciate all of our customers very much. We know that you have many, many choices when you shop and we are grateful that you have chosen to place your trust in us. And to reward you for that, we think that you should get a little something back when you shop with us! Therefore, we are very pleased to roll out an updated rewards program to not only say thank you for shopping with us, but also to thank you for sharing us with your friends and family!
Our rewards program gives you the opportunity to earn real money towards your next purchase through signing up for an account with us, shopping, leaving reviews, sharing your purchases and favorite products on Twitter, Facebook or Pinterest, and much, much more. (Hint: We make it pretty easy to earn these points...so take advantage!)
$100 = 100 Points = $1 Spent Earned Cash back
Here are a few rules and then check out our handy chart below to see how you can start earning rewards points today!
- You earn 100 points for every $100 that you spend!
- 100 points = $1 cash back to you!
- Points must be used within 6 months from the date earned, at this point they will expire and you will no longer be able to redeem them.
- There is no limit on how many points you can redeem at a time!
- You must have an account with us to earn and redeem points.
- Not all orders and purchases with Roberts will qualify to earn reward points. Purchases made for business, corporate, government or EDU accounts may not qualify for points and orders placed over the phone may not qualify. Roberts reserves the right to modify this reward policy at any time.
- Rewards points may not be used to purchase gift cards for Roberts Camera or UsedPhotoPro
Points Limits Create an Account (required to earn points) 250 One-time Send a product to a friend 5 Unlimited Have a birthday (must provide a birthday in your account) 100 Once a year automatically Like, tweet, or pin a product page 5 2 per day each Share a purchase on FB or Twitter 10 Once per day each
How We Handle Preorders
We do our best to reflect the price you will be charged to complete your purchase once stock arrives, but due to occasional changes from our manufacturers prices are subject to change until we have the item ready for delivery.
- Your preorder with Roberts adds your name to a waitlist for this equipment. You do not have to pay any money to be added to our waitlist.
- When this product arrives in our warehouse, we will contact you directly to determine if you would like to move forward with the purchase of this product.
- At that time, you will be provided with pricing and a delivery time frame.