Questions? Email us at email@example.com
- High Resolution 16.2 MP DX-format CMOS sensor
for large prints and tight cropping
- High Speed 6 frames per second continuous shooting up to 100 shots
captures the most fleeting action
- Ground-breaking 2,016-pixel RGB (3D Color Matrix) sensor
delivers more accurate control of light metering and optimizes the Scene Recognition System for exposure, white balance, focus tracking and iTTL flash control
- EXPEED 2 image processing and 14-bit A/D Conversion
provides smooth tones, rich colors, and fast camera performance
- Large Bright Glass Pentaprism Optical Viewfinder
with approx. 100% frame coverage and approx. 0.94x magnification
- Twin SD Card Slots
with SD, SDHC, SDXC memory card compatibility gives you options to keep on shooting or separate your NEF (RAW), JPEG and movie files
- Built-in Speedlight flash with i-TTL
and Wireless Commander support so you can light your subjects any way you like
- Optional MB-D11 multi-power pack
further expands your shooting time and battery choices while adding a vertical shutter-release and control dials to your camera
- Two User Definable Settings (U1, U2) right on the Mode Selector Dial
let you store most camera settings so you can go back to them at anytime without the need for further adjustments or menu settings
- Picture Control
lets you choose from Standard, Neutral, Vivid, Monochrome, Portrait, or Landscape to apply a personal look and feel to your pictures
- Virtual Horizon Graphic Indicator
- Breathtaking Full 1080p HD Movies with Full Time Autofocus
and external stereo microphone jack to record cinematic-quality movies up to 20 minutes all enhanced by NIKKOR interchangeable lens quality and versatility
- Dynamic ISO range from 100 to 6400
expandable to 25,600 (Hi2) lets you shoot in near darkness or slow down the action
- Customizable 39 point AF System
includes nine center cross-type sensors that operate with every AF NIKKOR lens so you can focus on making great images
- Compact but durable with magnesium-alloy top and rear covers, superior weather and dust seals
and a 150,000 cycle-rated shutter system providing reliable operation
- 3 Inch, 921,000-dot Super-Density LCD Monitor
with 170 degree viewing delivers bright, crisp image playback, and precise Live View and Movie shooting
- Fast Start-Up time of 0.13 sec and Short 50ms Shutter Lag
so your camera's ready to go when you are
- Compact EN-EL15 Battery
lets you shoot over 850 shots
- Built-in HDMI Connection
lets you connect your camera right to your HDTV and playback with most HDTV remote controls
- Active D-Lighting
restores picture-enhancing detail in shadows and highlights
- Versatile Scene Modes
lets you choose from Portrait, Landscape, Child, Sports, Close-up or Night Portrait for stunning results in otherwise challenging conditions
In The BoxSupplied Accessories
- 18-200mm lens
- Leather bag
- 16GB SD card
- EN-EL15 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
- MH-25 QuickCharger
- DK-5 Eyepiece Cap
- DK-21 Rubber Eyecup
- UC-E4 USB Cable
- EG-D2 Audio Video Cable
- AN-DC1 Camera Strap
- BM-11 LCD Monitor Cover
- BF-1B Body Cap
- BS-1 Accessory Shoe Cover
- ViewNX 2 CD-ROM
See more by Nikon
|Mounts||Nikon F (DX), Nikon F (FX)|
|Crop Factor||1.5x (APS-C)|
|Best Available Video Mode||HD (1080)|
|Memory Card Type||SD / SDHC / SDXC|
|Weather-sealed||Splash / Dust|
|Lens Mount||Nikon F bayonet mount|
|Picture Angle||Effective picture angle 1.5x (Approx.) conversion factor (Nikon DX format)|
|Effective Pixels||16.2 million|
|Sensor Size||23.6 x 15.6mm|
|Image Sensor Format||DX|
|Image Sensor Type||CMOS|
|Total Pixels||16.9 million|
|Dust-Off Reference Photo||Yes|
|Image Area (pixels)||DX-format|
(L) 4928 x 2364
(M) 3696 x 2448
(S) 2464 x 1632
|File Format||NEF (RAW): lossless compressed or compressed 12 or 14 bit|
JPEG: JPEG-baseline-compliant; can be selected from Size Priority and Optimal Quality
Nine User-customizable Settings
SDXC memory cards
|Card Slot||2 Secure Digital (SD)|
|File System||Compliant with DCF (Design Rule for Camera File System) 2.0|
DPOF (Digital Print Order Format)
EXIF 2.3 (Exchangeable Image File Format for Digital Still Cameras
|Viewfinder||Eye-level pentaprism single-lens reflex viewfinder|
|Viewfinder Frame Coverage||100%Approx.|
|Viewfinder Magnification||0.95x Approx.|
|Viewfinder Diopter Adjustment||-3 to +1m¯¹|
|Focusing Screen||Type B BriteView Clear Matte Mark II with AF area brackets (grid lines can be displayed)|
|Interchangeable Focusing Screens||No|
|Reflex Mirror||Quick-return type|
|Compatible Lenses||Type G or D AF NIKKOR: All functions supported|
IX Nikkor lenses cannot be used
DX AF NIKKOR: All functions possible
AF-NIKKOR for F3AF not supported
Other AF NIKKOR: All functions supported except autofocus and 3D color matrix metering II
AI-P NIKKOR: All functions supported except 3D color matrix metering II
PC Micro-NIKKOR does not support some functions
Non-CPU: Can be used in modes A and M; color matrix metering and aperture value display supported if user provides lens data (AI lenses only)
Electronic rangefinder can be used if maximum aperture is f/5.6 or faster
|Shutter type||Electronically controlled vertical-travel focal-plane|
|Fastest Shutter Speed||1/8000 sec. in steps of 1/3|
|Slowest Shutter Speed||30 sec. in steps of 1/3|
|Flash Sync Speed||Up to 1/250 sec.|
Synchronizes with shutter at 1/320s or slower (flash range drops at speeds between 1/250 and 1/320s)
|Bulb Shutter Setting||Yes|
|Shutter Release Modes||Single-frame [S] mode|
Continuous low-speed [CL] mode; 1-5 frames per second
Continuous high-speed [CH] mode; 6 frames per second
Live View [LV] mode
|Continuous Shooting Options||DX-format|
CH: Up to 6 frames per second
CL: Up to 5 frames per second
|Top Continuous Shooting Speed at full resolution||6 frames per second|
|Self-timer||2, 5, 10, 20 sec. Timer duration electronically controlled|
|Exposure Metering System||TTL exposure metering using 2,016-pixel RGB sensor|
|Metering Range||0 to 20 EV (Matrix or center-weighted metering at ISO 100 equivalent, f/1.4 lens, at 20°C/68°F)|
2 to 20 EV (Spot metering at ISO 100 equivalent, f/1.4 lens at 20°C/68°F)
|Exposure Meter Coupling||CPU|
|Exposure Modes||Programmed Auto with flexible Program (P)|
Shutter-Priority Auto (S)
Aperture-Priority Auto (A)
Auto (flash off)
Advanced Scene Modes
U1 (user setting 1)
U2 (user setting 2)
|Advanced Scene Modes||Portrait|
Party / Indoor
Beach / Snow
Dusk / Dawn
|Exposure Compensation||±5 EV in increments of 1/3 or 1/2 EV|
2 or 3 frames in steps of 1/3, 1/2, 2/3 or 1 EV
|Lowest Standard ISO Sensitivity||100 in steps of 1/3|
|Highest Standard ISO Sensitivity||6400 in steps of 1/3|
|Highest Expanded ISO Sensitivity||HI-2 (ISO 25,600 equivalent)|
|Expanded ISO Sensitivity Options||Hi-1 (ISO-12,800 equivalent) in 1/3, 1/2 or 1 EV |
Hi-2 (ISO 25600 equivalent)
|Long Exposure Noise Reduction||Yes|
|High ISO Noise Reduction||Low|
|D-Lighting Bracketing||2 or 3 exposures|
|Single-point AF Mode||Yes|
|Dynamic AF Mode||Yes|
|Auto-area AF Mode||Yes|
|Autofocus System||Nikon Multi-CAM 4800DX autofocus sensor module with TTL phase detection|
39 focus points (including 9 cross-type sensors)
AF-assist illuminator (range approx. 1 ft. 8in.-9 ft. 10 in.)
|Focus Lock||AE-L/AF-L button|
Half press of shutter-release button (single-point AF in AF-S)
|Focus Modes||Single-servo AF (AF-S)|
Auto AF-S/AF-C selection (AF-A)
Full-time Servo (AF-A) available in Live View only
Predictive focus tracking automatically activated according to subject status
Manual focus (M): Electronic rangefinder can be used
|Maximum Autofocus Areas/Points||39|
|Autofocus Sensitivity||-1 to +19 EV (ISO 100, 20°C/68°F)|
|Flash Bracketing||2 to 3 exposures in increments of 1/3 to 2 EV|
|Built-in Flash Distance||39 (ISO 100)|
|FP High Speed Sync||Up to 1/8000|
|Flash Control||Auto aperture: Available with SB-900/SB-800 and CPU lens|
TTL: i-TTL balanced fill-flash and standard i-TTL flash for DSLR using 2,016-pixel RGB sensor available w/ built-in flash and SB-900, SB-800, SB-700, SB-600 or SB-400 (i-TTL balanced fill-flash available when matrix or center-weighted metering is selected
Non-TTL auto: Supported flash units include SB-900, SB-800, SB-28, SB-27 and SB-22S
Distance priority manual: Available with SB-900, SB-800 and SB-700
|Flash Sync Modes||Front-curtain sync (normal)|
Red-eye reduction with slow sync
|Flash Compensation||-3 to +1 EV in increments of 1/3 or 1/2 EV|
|Nikon Creative Lighting System (CLS)||Yes|
Built-in Commander Mode 2 Groups: A and B
4 Channels: 1-4 TTL, Non-TTL Auto and Manual mode
|White Balance||Auto (2 types)|
Fluorescent (7 types)
Preset manual (up to 5 values can be stored)
Auto (TTL white balance with 2,016-pixel RGB sensor) Fine Tune by Kelvin color temperature setting (2,500 K to 10,000K)
Seven manual modes with fine-tuning
|White Balance Bracketing||2 or 3 exposures in increments of 1, 2 or 3|
|Live View Shooting||Yes|
|Movie||Movie with sound|
1,920 × 1,080 (24p); 24 fps
1,280 × 720 (24p); 24 fps
1,280 × 720 (30p); 30 fps
640 × 424 (30p); 30 fps
|Movie Audio||Built-in microphone, monaural|
Optional external stereo mini-pin jack (3.5mm diameter)
Microphone sensitivity can be adjusted
|Monitor Size||3 in. diagonal|
|Monitor Resolution||921,000 Dots|
|Monitor Type||Super Density|
|Monitor Angle of View||170-degree wide-viewing angle|
|Monitor Adjustments||Brightness, 7 levels|
|Virtual Horizon Camera Indicator||Yes|
|Playback Functions||Full frame|
Thumbnail (4, 9 or 72 segments)
Auto image rotation
Highlight point display
|In-Camera Image Editing Trim||D-Lighting|
NEF (RAW) Processing
Stereo Microphone Input
|WiFi Functionality||Eye-Fi Compatible|
FTP file transfer available and PTP/IP with optional WT-4A (IEEE 802.11 a/b/g)
|GPS||GP-1 GPS unit|
|Save/Load Camera settings||Yes|
|Total custom Settings||48|
|My Menu||Yes with customization|
Chinese (Simplified and Traditional)
|Date, Time and Daylight Savings Time Settings||Yes|
|World Time Setting||Yes|
|Battery / Batteries||EN-EL15 Lithium-ion Battery|
|Battery Life (shots per charge)||1,050 shots (CIPA)|
|AC Adapter||EH-5a AC Adapter|
Requires EP-5B Power Supply Connector
|Battery Charger||MH-25 Quick Charger|
|Tripod Socket||1/4 inch 20|
|Approx. Dimensions||Width 5.2 in. (132mm) |
Height 4.1 in. (103mm)
Depth 3.0 in. (77mm)
|Approx. Weight||24.3 oz. (690g)|
|Supplied Software||ViewNX 2 CD-ROM|
|Optional Accessories||MB-D11Multi-Power Battery Pack|
EH-5A AC Adapter (requires EP-5B Power Supply Connector)
CF-DC-3 Semi-soft Case
MC-DC2 Wired Remote Release
GP-1 GPS Adapter
ML-L3 Remote Controller
DK-21M Magnifying Eyepiece
DK-21C Correction Eyepieces
Camera Control Pro 2
Capture NX 2 Software
Roberts Camera is happy to offer our customers a flexible financing option powered by FuturePay. It’s secure, convenient, and easy to use. Just select FuturePay when you check out so you can buy now and pay later.
Apply and Check Out in Seconds
You can easily apply for an account in seconds when you check out. And with monthly payments starting as low as $25/month, you can buy now and pay later for your purchases at your own pace.
No Hidden Fees
At the end of every billing period you can pay your balance in full or carry your balance a month longer for as little as $5/month. Simple and transparent so you can plan for the future.
Safe and Secure
You can apply for financing without worrying about your online safety. FuturePay keeps your information secure by using the latest in fraud prevention security tools.
Questions about FuturePay services, financing, or your FuturePay account should be directed to FuturePay. Roberts Camera / UsedPhotoPro do not provide any of these services directly. To contact FuturePay, use the information here:
Roberts’ flexible financing option is powered by FuturePay.
We understand that your shipping options can sometimes be confusing and you may have questions. We hope that this explanation helps to clarify how your item will arrive to you. Above all, we make every effort to save you money and get your product to you quickly and in fantastic condition.
Shipping information for products on robertscamera.com and usedphotopro.com:
- Your order of new products over $100 will ship free of charge. The free shipping method will come via the standard method of our choice of carrier.
- All USED items in condition ‘GOOD’ or better ship free regardless of price
- Our $100 order total is calculated after all rebates, coupon codes and additional discounts have been applied. Gift cards, freight charges and taxes do not count towards the $100 total.
- *Exceptions to this rule – exceptionally large items (ex: large bags, savage paper, etc.) that are dimensionally weighted by our shipping carriers will not qualify for free shipping and will incur shipping charges
- *Free shipping applies only to the contiguous 48 states. Orders to Alaska, Hawaii, and international locations do not qualify for our free shipping promotions.
- *Any upgraded or expedited shipping choice by the customer will incur an additional charge
- *Items that are special order or drop-shipped from our manufacturers and vendors may be ineligible for free shipping
- *Used items in FAIR or INOPERABLE condition are not eligible for free shipping
- PO Boxes are NOT eligible for free shipping
Due to an increased risk of fraud in the electronics industry, most items ship with signature required on delivery.
The Carriers We Use
We will ship your order in the most cost effective manner available to us.
We utilize multiple carriers to get you the best rate. Those options include, but are not limited to:
- Ground Delivery
- 3rd Day
- 2nd Day
- Next Day
- Home Delivery
- Ground Delivery
- 3rd Day
- 2nd Day
- Next Day
- First Class Mail
- Media Mail
- Priority Mail
- Priority Mail Express
A Few Additional Things To Note
- Shipments to PO boxes can only be shipped via US Postal Service
- PO Boxes are NOT eligible for free shipping
- International shipments may incur additional shipping charges. You will be notified via email of those charges and you can chose at that time to accept or decline. Taxes, duties and other fees may be charged by your destination country. Roberts is not responsible for those fees, nor does Roberts have the ability to estimate those fees. You will be charged all shipping and additional fees associated with any item returned because of non-delivery. This includes but is not limited to: Failure to pay said duties and taxes, incorrect address, not available to receive package in timely manner resulting in package being returned to Roberts or Used Photo Pro.
- Gift Cards ship USPS 1st class or you can use our on-line electronic delivery option and an email will be sent with gift card information
- You will receive an email with your order tracking number once your order has shipped
- Order cut-off times:
- Monday – Friday: Your order will ship same day if your order is placed by 1:00pm EST
- Saturday/Sunday: Any order placed after 1pm on Friday will ship on Monday
ALL ORDERS ARE SUBJECT TO APPROVAL BY OUR PROCESSING DEPARTMENT. WE WILL NOTIFY YOU IN A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME IF YOUR ORDER MAY BE DELAYED.
Our Return PoliciesFor the first 14 days do not complete your manufacturer's warranty cards!
At Roberts Camera / UsedPhotoPro, we understand that sometimes you might have a change of heart and decide that you need to return your product. Therefore, we are proud to offer a 14-day Hassle Free Return Policy. If you would like to return your purchase within fourteen (14) days of receiving it, please contact our customer service department so that we may assist you and issue you a return authorization. Sending merchandise without authorization may delay your return. Items returned must be in the same condition that they were received and must include all items (including box and accessories) that they shipped with in order to be eligible for a full refund.
- All returned merchandise must be accompanied by a sales receipt and be returned within 14 days of purchase.
- All used items over $1500.00 are subject to a 15% restocking fee.
- No refunds or exchanges on special order merchandise.
- All merchandise must be returned in its original packaging. If a warranty card was included, it must be returned BLANK and not completed. Once the warranty card is completed, we cannot help you by exchanging your item and any problems will have to be handled as warranty claims with the manufacturer.
- Merchandise purchased 'As Is' may not be returned for any reason.
- After 14 days, products in new condition will be subject to manufacturer's warranty and the warranty card included with your product should be consulted for information on getting your product serviced or replaced. Roberts Camera will happily mediate this process for you. If you so desire, see our Repair Policies below for more details.
- After 14 days, merchandise cannot be returned to Roberts as new stock.
- After 14 days, functional products may be returned to us as used stock. The value you will be offered for products in this case will be determined by current used market value. To request a quote on the value of your used gear, please click here
- Sales of all sensitized materials including film, paper, video and audio tape are final. There will be no returns, refunds or exchanges on these items.
- Drones: No returns on drones unless due to manufacturer defect. If defective, they must return prior to 7 business days of receiving the item. All repairs on DJI drones must go through dji.com.
Initiate a Return
If there are any questions or problems with your order, please feel free to contact your salesperson or the following web services departments directly, as we will work to get you completely taken care of:
- If your product was ordered via robertscamera.com - please contact us at 1-800-726-5544 or firstname.lastname@example.org to process your return
- If your product was ordered via usedphotopro.com or our eBay store - please contact us at 317-917-7055 or email@example.com to process your return
- If your product was ordered via Amazon, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have a product that you need to return due to initial defect or otherwise, please call us at 1-800-726-5544 to obtain a Return Authorization Number (RA#). If an RA# is not obtained, it may delay any credits or replacements requested.
We know that during the holiday season, you might be purchasing some gifts that cannot always be properly tested out within our standard 14 day return policy. That is why during the holiday season we offer an extended return policy for your convenience! For any purchase made between Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve, please indicate in the gift message area that your purchase is a gift. This will qualify you to return any purchase made during the holiday season NO LATER THAN JANUARY 10th. Your item must be in the same condition that is was received and be returned with the receipt as well as the original packaging to receive a full refund. After January 10th, merchandise cannot be returned to Roberts as new stock. All other return policies apply.
Our Rewards Program
Roberts and UsedPhotoPro appreciate all of our customers very much. We know that you have many, many choices when you shop and we are grateful that you have chosen to place your trust in us. And to reward you for that, we think that you should get a little something back when you shop with us! Therefore, we are very pleased to roll out an updated rewards program to not only say thank you for shopping with us, but also to thank you for sharing us with your friends and family!
Our rewards program gives you the opportunity to earn real money towards your next purchase through signing up for an account with us, shopping, leaving reviews, sharing your purchases and favorite products on Twitter, Facebook or Pinterest, and much, much more. (Hint: We make it pretty easy to earn these points...so take advantage!)
$100 = 100 Points = $1 Spent Earned Cash back
Here are a few rules and then check out our handy chart below to see how you can start earning rewards points today!
- You earn 100 points for every $100 that you spend!
- 100 points = $1 cash back to you!
- Points must be used within 6 months from the date earned, at this point they will expire and you will no longer be able to redeem them.
- There is no limit on how many points you can redeem at a time!
- You must have an account with us to earn and redeem points.
- Not all orders and purchases with Roberts will qualify to earn reward points. Purchases made for business, corporate, government or EDU accounts may not qualify for points and orders placed over the phone may not qualify. Roberts reserves the right to modify this reward policy at any time.
- Rewards points may not be used to purchase gift cards for Roberts Camera or UsedPhotoPro
Points Limits Create an Account (required to earn points) 250 One-time Send a product to a friend 5 Unlimited Have a birthday (must provide a birthday in your account) 100 Once a year automatically Like, tweet, or pin a product page 5 2 per day each Share a purchase on FB or Twitter 10 Once per day each
How We Handle Preorders
We do our best to reflect the price you will be charged to complete your purchase once stock arrives, but due to occasional changes from our manufacturers prices are subject to change until we have the item ready for delivery.
- Your preorder with Roberts adds your name to a waitlist for this equipment. You do not have to pay any money to be added to our waitlist.
- When this product arrives in our warehouse, we will contact you directly to determine if you would like to move forward with the purchase of this product.
- At that time, you will be provided with pricing and a delivery time frame.