Nikon D610 (Body Only)
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Experience the passion of Nikon full-frame photography.
The power of a pro-level Nikon FX-format camera—dazzling full-frame images, broadcast-quality 1080p video at your fingertips, superior low-light performance, faster frame rate up to 6 frames-per-second (fps), tack sharp autofocus with 39 focus points, built-in flash with Commander Mode, wireless photo sharing and much more—is attainable in a compact, lightweight full-frame HD-SLR body. A new continuous quiet mode lets you capture a sequence of shots without the noise associated with the raising and lowering of the D-SLR's mirror. Optimized for full-frame shooting, streamlined for compactness and value, the D610 will fuel your photographic passion like never before.
Nikon's Full-frame sensor raises the bar on image quality.
Passionate photographers who seek uncompromised full-frame, high-resolution performance rely on Nikon FX-format HD-SLRs. With a level of performance only bested by Nikon's own D800 series D-SLRs, D610's 24.3 megapixel FX-format CMOS sensor, wide dynamic range and high S/N (signal-to-noise) ratio captures every detail with lifelike sharpness and low noise throughout its wide ISO range. Low-light performance is synonymous with Nikon—shoot crystal clear images from ISO 100 to 6400, expandable down to 50 and up to 25,600 for extreme situations. EXPEED 3 processing system manages all that data with remarkable speed and accuracy, enabling up to 6 fps continuous shooting at full resolution in both FX and DX formats. Whether shooting people, landscapes or close-ups—you'll marvel at D610's faithful color reproduction. Add Nikon's newest selection of affordable fast f/1.8 primes, compact wide ratio zooms with VR image stabilization or tele- and supertelephoto lenses and you'll see the full potential that the D610 offers.
Remarkable AF performance with compatibility up to f/8. f/8 sensitivity benefits action and wildlife photography.
One of the keys to capturing razor-sharp images is a fast, precise autofocus system, and the D610 has one of the best. 39 tightly packed focus points with wide-area AF coverage offer endless compositional possibilities. Nine cross-type sensors in the center offer superior accuracy even when light and contrast are scarce. Seven center focus points work all the way down to f/8 for extended AF functionality with teleconverters and long-reach lenses. Switch between 9, 21 or 39 point AF, allowing for compositional freedom. D610's Scene Recognition System's subject identification and tracking information means enhanced performance by 3D Tracking and Auto Area AF. When shooting photos or HD video in Live View, Nikon’s responsive contrast-detect AF activates for accurate fulltime autofocusing.
Exceptional performance and quality. Flawless metering and onboard intelligence.
The D610 delivers consistently beautiful images, thanks to Nikon’s intelligent Scene Recognition System with 3D Color Matrix Metering II. Its 2,016 pixel RGB sensor evaluates every scene, taking into account brightness, contrast, subject distance and the scene colors, all within the time it takes to press the shutter release button. That data is then referenced against an onboard image database for consistently accurate exposures, auto white balance, i-TTL flash and subject-tracking autofocus performance.
Broadcast-quality Full HD video at your fingertips. Two video formats in one camera.
Nikon is committed to developing HD-SLRs that empower and inspire filmmakers and video enthusiasts, and the D610 is proof of that. Shoot 1080p HD videos with selectable frame rates of 30p, 25p or 24p and MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 compression. Bend time with 720p HD at 60p, 50p or 30p for ultra-smooth video playback of fast moving subjects, or create slow-motion footage during post processing. Manually adjust ISO, shutter speed and aperture, activate Live View shooting's fulltime AF with face-priority and subject tracking or manually focus. Experience dedicated inputs for an optional stereo mic and headphones for monitoring sound, still image exporting, uncompressed recording of video via HDMI out to an external recorder, simultaneous live view on external monitors and much more. Multi-area mode Full HD D-Movie gives you compositional freedom using FX or DX movie formats. Enhance your video with the dramatic perspectives and depth-of-field control of Nikon's full line of NIKKOR interchangeable lenses, and you’ll dazzle with every video project.
Wi-Fi camera control and mobile sharing. Optional WU-1b wireless mobile adapter.
With Wi-Fi compatibility, sharing photos is easier than ever. Connect the optional WU-1b Wireless Mobile Adapter and wirelessly transfer photos to your smartphone, tablet or any compatible Wi-Fi enabled device. Use your smartphone to instantly upload your shots to the web or email them to a friend. Install Nikon's free Wireless Mobile Adapter Utility and remotely control the D610—and shoot from your smartphone or tablet!
Lighting studio optional
The D610’s built-in pop-up flash offers up new shooting possibilities that other cameras simply can't match—and not just in low-light situations. Even well lit subjects can benefit from a balanced fill flash for extra depth and dimension. And since the D610’s flash integrates with Nikon’s i-TTL system, it can act as a Commander and communicate crucial exposure information to two groups of remote flashes across three channels for accurate lighting and exceptional results. When you need the extra power, add an optional accessory Nikon Speedlight for more lighting possibilities.
A hobby that grows with you
Nikon’s HD-SLR system is endlessly expandable. From legendary NIKKOR lenses and Nikon Speedlights for endless creative expression to the WU-1b Wireless Adapter for Wi-Fi sharing and camera control, your system can grow with you.
In The Box
- Nikon D610 Body
- EN-EL15 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
- MH-25 Quick Charger
- UC-E15 USB Cable
- BM-14 LCD Monitor Cover
- DK-21 Rubber Eyecup
- AN-DC10 Strap
- DK-5 Eyepiece Cap
- BF-1B Body Cap
- BS-1 Accessory Shoe Cap
- NikonView NX2 CD ROM
|Mounts||Nikon F (FX)|
|Crop Factor||1x ("Full Frame")|
|Best Available Video Mode||HD (1080)|
|Memory Card Type||SD / SDHC / SDXC|
|Weather-sealed||Splash / Dust|
|Type||Single-lens reflex digital camera|
|Lens Mount||Nikon F bayonet mount|
|Picture Angle||Nikon FX format|
|Effective Pixels||24.3 million|
|Sensor Size||35.9mm x 24.0mm|
|Image Sensor Format||FX|
|Image Sensor Type||CMOS|
|Total Pixels||24.7 million|
|Dust-reduction system||Image sensor cleaning|
|Dust-Off Reference Photo||Yes|
|Image Area (pixels)||
(L) 6,016 x 4,016
(M) 4,512 x 3,008
(S) 3,008 x 2,008
(L) 3,936 x 2,624
(M) 2,944 x 1,968
(S) 1,968 x 1,312
|File Format Still Images||
JPEG: JPEG-Baseline Compliant; can be selected from Size Priority and Optimal Quality |
JPEG: JPEG-Baseline Compliant with fine (approx 1:4), Normal (approx 1:8) or Basic (approx 1:16) Compression
NEF (RAW): Lossless compressed, compressed 12 or 14 bit
|Card Slot||2 Secure Digital (SD)|
Compliant with DCF (Design Rule for Camera File System) 2.0 |
DPOF (Digital Print Order Format)
EXIF 2.3 (Exchangeable Image File Format for Digital Still Cameras)
|Viewfinder||Eye-level Pentaprism Single-Lens Reflex Viewfinder|
|Viewfinder Frame Coverage||
FX (36x24): 100% Horizontal and 100% Vertical Approx.|
DX (24x16): 97% Horizontal and 97% Vertical Approx.
|Viewfinder Magnification||0.70x Approx.|
|Viewfinder Eyepoint||20.6mm (-1.0m¯¹)|
|Viewfinder Diopter Adjustment||Built-in diopter adjustment (-3 to +1 m¯¹)|
|Focusing Screen||Type B BriteView Clear Matte Mark VIII with AF Area Brackets (grid lines can be displayed)|
|Reflex Mirror||Quick-return type|
|Lens Aperture||Instant-return type|
|Lens Compatibility at a Glance||
AF-S or AF lenses fully compatible |
Metering with AI lenses
AF NIKKOR lenses, including type G and D lenses (some restrictions apply to PC lenses) and DX lenses (using DX 24 × 16 1.5x image area), AI-P NIKKOR lenses, and non-CPU AI lenses (A and M modes only). |
IX NIKKOR lenses, lenses for the F3AF, and non-AI lenses cannot be used.
|Shutter type||Electronically controlled vertical-travel focal-plane|
1/4000 to 30 sec. |
|Fastest Shutter Speed||1/4000 sec.|
|Slowest Shutter Speed||30 sec.|
|Flash Sync Speed||
Up to 1/200 sec. |
Synchronizes with shutter at 1/250s or slower
|Bulb Shutter Setting||Yes|
|Shutter Release Modes||
Continuous low-speed [CL] mode; 1-5 frames per second |
Continuous high-speed [CH] mode; 6 frames per second
Mirror-up [Mup] mode
Quiet Shutter Release
Quiet Continuous Release
Single-frame [S] mode
|Continuous Shooting Options||
CH: Up to 6 frames per second
CL: Up to 1-5 frames per second
|Top Continuous Shooting Speed at full resolution||6 frames per second|
|Self-timer||2, 5, 10, 20 sec. Timer duration electronically controlled|
|Exposure Metering System||TTL exposure metering using 2,016-pixel RGB sensor|
Center-weighted: Weight of 75% given to 8mm circle in center of frame |
Matrix: 3D color matrix metering II (type G and D lenses); color matrix metering II (other CPU lenses)
Spot: Meters 4mm circle (about 1.5% of frame) centered on selected focus point
0 to 20 EV (3D color matrix or center-weighted metering) |
0 to 20 EV (spot metering)
|Exposure Meter Coupling||
Aperture-Priority (A) |
Programmed auto with flexible program (P)
|Exposure Compensation||±5 EV in increments of 1/3, 1/2 or 1 EV|
|Exposure Bracketing||2 or 3 frames in steps of 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 1 or 2 EV|
|Mirror Lock Up||Yes|
ISO 100 - 6400|
Lo-1 (ISO 50)
Hi-1 (ISO 12,800)
Hi-2 (ISO 25,600)
|Lowest Standard ISO Sensitivity||100|
|Highest Standard ISO Sensitivity||6400|
|Lowest Expanded ISO Sensitivity||Lo-1 (ISO 50 equivalent)|
|Highest Expanded ISO Sensitivity||HI-2 (ISO 25,600 equivalent)|
|Expanded ISO Sensitivity Options||
Hi-1 (ISO 12,800 equivalent)|
Hi-2 (ISO 25,600 equivalent)
|Long Exposure Noise Reduction||Yes|
|High ISO Noise Reduction||
2 frames using selected value for one frame |
3–5 frames using preset values for all frames
|Single-point AF Mode||Yes|
|Dynamic AF Mode||Number of AF points: 9, 21, 39 and 39 (3D-tracking)|
|Auto-area AF Mode||Yes|
|Autofocus System||Nikon Multi-CAM 4800 autofocus sensor module with TTL phase detection|
|Detection Range||-1 to 19 EV (ISO 100, 68°F/20°C)|
Autofocus (AF): Single-servo AF (AF-S); Continuous-servo AF (AF-C); auto AF-S/AF-C selection (AF-A); predictive focus tracking activated automatically according to subject status |
Manual focus (MF): Electronic rangefinder can be used
9, 21 or 39 point Dynamic-area AF |
3D-tracking (39 points)
Auto AF-S/AF-C selection (AF-A) |
Face-Priority AF available in Live View only and D-Movie only
Manual (M) with electronic rangefinder
Single-servo AF (AF-S)
|Maximum Autofocus Areas/Points||39|
|Autofocus Sensitivity||-1 to +19 EV (ISO 100, 20°C/68°F)|
|Autofocus Fine Tune||Yes|
|Flash Bracketing||2 to 3 frames in steps of 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 1 or 2 EV|
|Built-in Flash Distance||39 ft. (ISO 100)|
|Top FP High Speed Sync||Up to 1/4000|
|Flash Control||TTL: i-TTL flash control using 2,016-pixel RGB sensor are available with built-in flash and SB-910, SB-900, SB-800, SB-700, SB-600, SB-400 or SB-300; i-TTL balanced fill-flash for digital SLR is used with matrix and center-weighting metering, standard i-TTL flash for digital SLR with spot metering|
|Flash Sync Modes||
Front-curtain sync (normal) |
Red-Eye reduction with slow sync
|Flash Compensation||-3 to +1 EV in increments of 1/3, 1/2 or 1 EV|
|Flash-ready indicator||Lights when built-in flash or optional flash unit such as SB-910, SB-900, SB-400, SB-80DX, SB-28DX or SB-50DX is fully charged|
|Nikon Creative Lighting System (CLS)||
Built-in flash Commander Mode |
Choose color temperature (2500K–10000K)
Fluorescent (7 types)
Preset manual (up to 4 values can be stored)
|White Balance Bracketing||2 or 3 exposures|
|Live View Shooting||
Photography Live View Mode |
Movie Live View Mode
|Live View Lens servo||
Autofocus (AF): Single-servo AF (AF-S); full-time-servo AF (AF-F) |
Manual focus (MF)
|Live View AF-area mode||
Face-priority AF |
|Live View Autofocus||Contrast-detect AF anywhere in frame (camera selects focus point automatically when face-priority AF or subject-tracking AF is selected)|
|Live View Scene Auto Selector||
Auto mode |
Auto (flash off) mode
|Movie Metering||TTL exposure metering using main image sensor|
|Movie Maximum recording time||
20 minutes at highest quality |
29 minutes 59 seconds at normal quality
|Movie File Format||MOV|
|Movie Video Compression||H.264/MPEG-4 Advanced Video Coding|
|Movie Audio recording format||Linear PCM|
HD 1,920x1,080 / 30 fps |
HD 1,920x1,080 / 25 fps
HD 1,920x1,080 / 24 fps
HD 1,280x720 / 60 fps
HD 1,280x720 / 50 fps
HD 1,280x720 / 30 fps
HD 1,280x720 / 25 fps
Built-in microphone, monaural |
External stereo microphone (optional)
|Monitor Size||3.2 in. diagonal|
|Monitor Resolution||921,000 Dots|
|Monitor Type||Wide Viewing Angle TFT-LCD|
|Monitor Angle of View||170-degree wide-viewing angle|
Brightness, 5 levels|
Brightness control using ambient brightness sensor
|Virtual Horizon Camera Indicator||Yes|
Auto Image Rotation |
Full-Frame and Thumbnail (4, 9, or 72 images or calendar)
Playback with Zoom
|In-Camera Image Editing||
Color Balance |
NEF (RAW) Processing
Accessory Terminal: Remote Cord: MC-DC2 (available separately); GPS unit: GP-1 (available separately) |
HDMI output: Type C mini-pin HDMI connector
Stereo Microphone Input
Eye-Fi Compatible |
WU-1b Wireless Mobile Adapter
GP-1 GPS unit |
GP-1A GPS unit
|Save/Load Camera settings||Yes|
|Total custom Settings||50|
|My Menu||Yes with customization|
Chinese (Simplified and Traditional)
|Date, Time and Daylight Savings Time Settings||Yes|
|World Time Setting||Yes|
|Battery / Batteries||EN-EL15 Lithium-ion Battery|
|Battery Life (shots per charge)||900 shots per charge (Battery Life) (CIPA)|
EH-5b AC Adapter |
Requires EP-5B Power Supply Connector
|Battery Charger||MH-25 Quick Charger|
|Tripod Socket||1/4 in.|
|Approx. Dimensions||5.6 in. (141 mm) x 4.4 in. (113 mm) x 3.2 in. (82 mm)|
|Approx. Weight||26.8 oz. (760g) camera body only|
|Operating Environment||0–40 °C (+32–104 °F)|
Roberts Camera is happy to offer our customers a flexible financing option powered by FuturePay. It’s secure, convenient, and easy to use. Just select FuturePay when you check out so you can buy now and pay later.
Apply and Check Out in Seconds
You can easily apply for an account in seconds when you check out. And with monthly payments starting as low as $25/month, you can buy now and pay later for your purchases at your own pace.
No Hidden Fees
At the end of every billing period you can pay your balance in full or carry your balance a month longer for as little as $5/month. Simple and transparent so you can plan for the future.
Safe and Secure
You can apply for financing without worrying about your online safety. FuturePay keeps your information secure by using the latest in fraud prevention security tools.
Questions about FuturePay services, financing, or your FuturePay account should be directed to FuturePay. Roberts Camera / UsedPhotoPro do not provide any of these services directly. To contact FuturePay, use the information here:
Roberts’ flexible financing option is powered by FuturePay.
We understand that your shipping options can sometimes be confusing and you may have questions. We hope that this explanation helps to clarify how your item will arrive to you. Above all, we make every effort to save you money and get your product to you quickly and in fantastic condition.
Shipping information for products on robertscamera.com and usedphotopro.com:
- Your order of new products over $100 will ship free of charge. The free shipping method will come via the standard method of our choice of carrier.
- All USED items in condition ‘GOOD’ or better ship free regardless of price
- Our $100 order total is calculated after all rebates, coupon codes and additional discounts have been applied. Gift cards, freight charges and taxes do not count towards the $100 total.
- *Exceptions to this rule – exceptionally large items (ex: large bags, savage paper, etc.) that are dimensionally weighted by our shipping carriers will not qualify for free shipping and will incur shipping charges
- *Free shipping applies only to the contiguous 48 states. Orders to Alaska, Hawaii, and international locations do not qualify for our free shipping promotions.
- *Any upgraded or expedited shipping choice by the customer will incur an additional charge
- *Items that are special order or drop-shipped from our manufacturers and vendors may be ineligible for free shipping
- *Used items in FAIR or INOPERABLE condition are not eligible for free shipping
- PO Boxes are NOT eligible for free shipping
Due to an increased risk of fraud in the electronics industry, most items ship with signature required on delivery.
The Carriers We Use
We will ship your order in the most cost effective manner available to us.
We utilize multiple carriers to get you the best rate. Those options include, but are not limited to:
- Ground Delivery
- 3rd Day
- 2nd Day
- Next Day
- Home Delivery
- Ground Delivery
- 3rd Day
- 2nd Day
- Next Day
- First Class Mail
- Media Mail
- Priority Mail
- Priority Mail Express
A Few Additional Things To Note
- Shipments to PO boxes can only be shipped via US Postal Service
- PO Boxes are NOT eligible for free shipping
- International shipments may incur additional shipping charges. You will be notified via email of those charges and you can chose at that time to accept or decline. Taxes, duties and other fees may be charged by your destination country. Roberts is not responsible for those fees, nor does Roberts have the ability to estimate those fees. You will be charged all shipping and additional fees associated with any item returned because of non-delivery. This includes but is not limited to: Failure to pay said duties and taxes, incorrect address, not available to receive package in timely manner resulting in package being returned to Roberts or Used Photo Pro.
- Gift Cards ship USPS 1st class or you can use our on-line electronic delivery option and an email will be sent with gift card information
- You will receive an email with your order tracking number once your order has shipped
- Order cut-off times:
- Monday – Friday: Your order will ship same day if your order is placed by 1:00pm EST
- Saturday/Sunday: Any order placed after 1pm on Friday will ship on Monday
ALL ORDERS ARE SUBJECT TO APPROVAL BY OUR PROCESSING DEPARTMENT. WE WILL NOTIFY YOU IN A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME IF YOUR ORDER MAY BE DELAYED.
Our Return PoliciesFor the first 14 days do not complete your manufacturer's warranty cards!
At Roberts Camera / UsedPhotoPro, we understand that sometimes you might have a change of heart and decide that you need to return your product. Therefore, we are proud to offer a 14-day Hassle Free Return Policy. If you would like to return your purchase within fourteen (14) days of receiving it, please contact our customer service department so that we may assist you and issue you a return authorization. Sending merchandise without authorization may delay your return. Items returned must be in the same condition that they were received and must include all items (including box and accessories) that they shipped with in order to be eligible for a full refund.
- All returned merchandise must be accompanied by a sales receipt and be returned within 14 days of purchase.
- All used items over $1500.00 are subject to a 15% restocking fee.
- No refunds or exchanges on special order merchandise.
- All merchandise must be returned in its original packaging. If a warranty card was included, it must be returned BLANK and not completed. Once the warranty card is completed, we cannot help you by exchanging your item and any problems will have to be handled as warranty claims with the manufacturer.
- Merchandise purchased 'As Is' may not be returned for any reason.
- After 14 days, products in new condition will be subject to manufacturer's warranty and the warranty card included with your product should be consulted for information on getting your product serviced or replaced. Roberts Camera will happily mediate this process for you. If you so desire, see our Repair Policies below for more details.
- After 14 days, merchandise cannot be returned to Roberts as new stock.
- After 14 days, functional products may be returned to us as used stock. The value you will be offered for products in this case will be determined by current used market value. To request a quote on the value of your used gear, please click here
- Sales of all sensitized materials including film, paper, video and audio tape are final. There will be no returns, refunds or exchanges on these items.
- Drones: No returns on drones unless due to manufacturer defect. If defective, they must return prior to 7 business days of receiving the item. All repairs on DJI drones must go through dji.com.
Initiate a Return
If there are any questions or problems with your order, please feel free to contact your salesperson or the following web services departments directly, as we will work to get you completely taken care of:
- If your product was ordered via robertscamera.com - please contact us at 1-800-726-5544 or email@example.com to process your return
- If your product was ordered via usedphotopro.com or our eBay store - please contact us at 317-917-7055 or firstname.lastname@example.org to process your return
- If your product was ordered via Amazon, please contact us at email@example.com
- If you have a product that you need to return due to initial defect or otherwise, please call us at 1-800-726-5544 to obtain a Return Authorization Number (RA#). If an RA# is not obtained, it may delay any credits or replacements requested.
We know that during the holiday season, you might be purchasing some gifts that cannot always be properly tested out within our standard 14 day return policy. That is why during the holiday season we offer an extended return policy for your convenience! For any purchase made between Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve, please indicate in the gift message area that your purchase is a gift. This will qualify you to return any purchase made during the holiday season NO LATER THAN JANUARY 10th. Your item must be in the same condition that is was received and be returned with the receipt as well as the original packaging to receive a full refund. After January 10th, merchandise cannot be returned to Roberts as new stock. All other return policies apply.
Our Rewards Program
Roberts and UsedPhotoPro appreciate all of our customers very much. We know that you have many, many choices when you shop and we are grateful that you have chosen to place your trust in us. And to reward you for that, we think that you should get a little something back when you shop with us! Therefore, we are very pleased to roll out an updated rewards program to not only say thank you for shopping with us, but also to thank you for sharing us with your friends and family!
Our rewards program gives you the opportunity to earn real money towards your next purchase through signing up for an account with us, shopping, leaving reviews, sharing your purchases and favorite products on Twitter, Facebook or Pinterest, and much, much more. (Hint: We make it pretty easy to earn these points...so take advantage!)
$100 = 100 Points = $1 Spent Earned Cash back
Here are a few rules and then check out our handy chart below to see how you can start earning rewards points today!
- You earn 100 points for every $100 that you spend!
- 100 points = $1 cash back to you!
- Points must be used within 6 months from the date earned, at this point they will expire and you will no longer be able to redeem them.
- There is no limit on how many points you can redeem at a time!
- You must have an account with us to earn and redeem points.
- Not all orders and purchases with Roberts will qualify to earn reward points. Purchases made for business, corporate, government or EDU accounts may not qualify for points and orders placed over the phone may not qualify. Roberts reserves the right to modify this reward policy at any time.
- Rewards points may not be used to purchase gift cards for Roberts Camera or UsedPhotoPro
Points Limits Create an Account (required to earn points) 250 One-time Send a product to a friend 5 Unlimited Have a birthday (must provide a birthday in your account) 100 Once a year automatically Like, tweet, or pin a product page 5 2 per day each Share a purchase on FB or Twitter 10 Once per day each
How We Handle Preorders
We do our best to reflect the price you will be charged to complete your purchase once stock arrives, but due to occasional changes from our manufacturers prices are subject to change until we have the item ready for delivery.
- Your preorder with Roberts adds your name to a waitlist for this equipment. You do not have to pay any money to be added to our waitlist.
- When this product arrives in our warehouse, we will contact you directly to determine if you would like to move forward with the purchase of this product.
- At that time, you will be provided with pricing and a delivery time frame.