Questions? Email us at email@example.com
Creating beautiful photos and videos has never been more fun.
Life is full of surprising, joyful moments—moments worth remembering. The D3300 makes it fun and easy to preserve those moments in the lifelike beauty they deserve: stunning 24.2-megapixel photos and 1080p Full HD videos with tack-sharp details, vibrant colors and softly blurred backgrounds. With its included zoom lens, the new ultra-compact AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II, the D3300 is a small and light HD-SLR and easy to use, too. Like sharing photos? The D3300 photos can appear instantly on your compatible smartphone or tablet for easy sharing with the optional WU-1a Wireless Adapter*! Whether you're creating high-resolution panoramas, adding artistic special effects or recording HD video with sound, the D3300 will bring you endless joy, excitement and memories—just like the special moments of your life.
Beautiful memories made easy. Create stunning lifelike photos and HD videos.
Taking snapshots with a smartphone is convenient, but are those photos good enough for preserving precious moments? The D3300's new EXPEED 4 lets you shoot at high speeds up to 5 frames per second, shoot in low light with high ISO sensitivity, create high-resolution panoramas and much more. Your 24.2-megapixel photos and 1080p Full HD videos will be so impressive, so rich with detail† and color—so lifelike—they'll bring back the feelings of the moments they capture.
Use your smartphone with it. Share photos instantly with your compatible smartphone or tablet.
Attach the optional WU-1a Wireless Adapter and marvel as the photos you take with the D3300 instantly appear on your compatible smartphone or tablet. Share your favorite shots without missing a beat—text them, email them, upload them to your favorite social networking sites—it's your choice! You can even use your compatible smartphone or tablet as a remote monitor for the D3300. See what the camera sees and fire the shutter, perfect for self-portraits and group photos that actually include you.
Impress with every shot. Spectacular panoramas, Guide Mode and fun Special Effects.
Using the D3300 is super easy—and a blast. Can't get the whole scene into your frame? Turn on Easy Panorama Mode and pan across the scene—the D3300 will capture the entire view as a high-resolution panoramic image. It's that easy! Guide Mode gives step-by-step help when you need it (it's like having an expert at your side), and you can easily get creative with built-in Image Effects, filters and more. You even get to choose which color you want for your D3300—black, grey or red!
Take it everywhere. Compact, lightweight and reliable.
The D3300 is a small and light HD-SLR camera even when paired with the included AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II lens, which has a new ultra-compact design. The combination is designed to fit comfortably in your hands, and all of the D3300's buttons and dials are positioned for convenient, efficient operation. You'll take the D3300 everywhere you go, which means you'll bring home all the beautiful memories of your activities.
Enjoy the view
Like all D-SLR cameras, the D3300 has an optical viewfinder that gives you a true view through the lens of the camera—and what a view it is! If you've been using a point-and-shoot camera, you'll find it easier to frame your shots, follow moving subjects, zoom in on bright sunny days and more.
Catch every moment
When the action starts, hold down the shutter button to capture every movement, expression and feeling at 5 frames per second—that's 5 beautiful photos for every second of action! You won't believe some of the moments you'll catch thank
Focus on the details
The D3300's 11-point Autofocus System locks onto your subjects as soon as they enter the frame and stays with them until you catch the shot you want. Even fast-moving subjects are captured with tack-sharp precision. And when you're recording Full HD video, Full-time Autofocus keeps the focus where you want it.
Capture the sights and sounds
The D3300 doesn't only take great photos, it takes dazzling 1080p Full HD video with sound, too! Record smooth, ultra-sharp HD movies you can play back on your HDTV or upload to video sites. You can even apply those fun special effects for more creativity!
Brighten shadowy areas
The D3300's Active D-Lighting preserves the details and tones in both the bright and dark areas of your photos, so shadows are no problem. A new D-Lighting setting in the Retouch menu provides optimal correction for portraits, highlighting your subject against an evenly lit background.
Easily edit your photos
Make your photos even more impressive with the D3300's Retouch Menu. Easily crop in on your subject, alter the coloring, add special effects and more right in the camera—no additional software needed.
Grow your capabilities
The D3300 is compatible with Nikon's complete collection of legendary NIKKOR lenses and optimized for AF-S DX-format NIKKOR lenses. Every lens offers a unique view of the world. Have fun growing your own collection.
Succeed in tricky situations
Even if you're new to D-SLR photography, getting great results in difficult situations couldn't be easier—just select from 6 common Scene Modes for your situation, or switch to Full Green Auto Mode and let the camera pick for you.
Add some style
Easily shoot in Black & White, enhance the intensity of colors, optimize the tones for flattering portraits and more with Picture Controls. Select one of 6 presets or create your own.
This camera's Wi-Fi® capability using the WU-1a Wireless Mobile Adapter can only be used with a compatible iPhone®, iPad®, and/or iPod touch® or smart devices running on the Android™ operating system. The Wireless Mobile Utility application must be installed on the device before it can be used with this camera.
18-55mm VR Lens Kit
Kit includes the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II lens for fast, accurate autofocus, vivid color, striking contrast and crisp detail, and VR image stabilization to ensure the sharpest hand-held pictures and movies.
In The Box
- D3300 Body
- AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II
- EN-EL14a Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
- MH-24 Battery Charger
- EG-CP14 Audio/Video Cable
- UC-E17 USB Cable
- DK-25 Rubber Eyecup
- AN-DC3 Camera Strap
- BF-1B Body Cap
- Nikon ViewNX 2 CD-ROM
See more by Nikon
|Mounts||Nikon F (DX)|
|Crop Factor||1.5x (APS-C)|
|Best Available Video Mode||HD (1080)|
|Memory Card Type||SD / SDHC / SDXC|
|Type||Single-lens reflex digital camera|
|Lens Mount||Nikon F bayonet mount|
|Picture Angle||Nikon DX format (Effective picture angle 1.5x [Approx.] conversion factor)|
|Effective Pixels||24.2 million|
|Sensor Size||23.2 mm x 15.4 mm|
|Image Sensor Format||DX|
|Image Sensor Type||CMOS|
|Total Pixels||24.7 million|
|Dust-reduction system||Image sensor cleaning|
|Dust-Off Reference Photo||Yes|
|Image Area (pixels)||
(L) 6,000 x 4,000
(M) 4,496 x 3,000
(S) 2,992 x 2,000
|File Format Still Images||
Compressed 12-bit NEF (RAW)|
JPEG: JPEG-Baseline Compliant with fine (approx 1:4), Normal (approx 1:8) or Basic (approx 1:16) Compression
NEF (RAW) + JPEG: Single Photograph Recorded in both NEF (RAW) and JPEG Formats
|Storage Media||SD / SDHC / SDXC|
|Card Slot||1 Secure Digital (SD)|
Compliant with DCF (Design Rule for Camera File System) 2.0|
DPOF (Digital Print Order Format)
EXIF 2.3 (Exchangeable Image File Format for Digital Still Cameras)
|Viewfinder||Eye-level Pentamirror Single-Lens Reflex viewfinder|
|Viewfinder Frame Coverage||95% Horizontal (Approx.)|
|Viewfinder Magnification||0.85x (Approx.)|
|Viewfinder Eyepoint||18mm (-1.0m¯¹)|
|Viewfinder Diopter Adjustment||-1.7 to +0.5m¯¹|
|Focusing Screen||Type B BriteView Clear Matte Mark VII screen|
|Reflex Mirror||Quick-return type|
|Mirror Lock Up||Yes (for image sensor cleaning)|
|Lens Aperture||Instant-return type|
|Lens Compatibility at a Glance||AF-S Lens Required for Autofocus|
AF NIKKOR for F3AF not Supported.|
AF-S, AF-I: All Functions Supported.
AI-P NIKKOR: All Functions Supported Except Autofocus and 3D Color Matrix Metering II.
Electronic rangefinder can be used if Maximum Aperture is f/5.6 or Faster.
IX NIKKOR Lenses Cannot be Used.
Non-CPU: Autofocus not supported. Can be used in mode M, but exposure meter does not function.
Other AF NIKKOR: All Functions Supported Except autofocus and 3D Color Matrix Metering II.
Type G or D AF NIKKOR: All Functions Supported Except Autofocus.
Type D PC NIKKOR: All Functions Supported Except Autofocus and some Shooting Modes.
|Shutter Type||Electronically controlled vertical-travel focal-plane|
|Shutter Speed||1/4000 to 30 sec.|
|Fastest Shutter Speed||1/4000 sec.|
|Slowest Shutter Speed||30 sec|
|Flash Sync Speed||Up to 1/200 sec.|
|Shutter Release Modes||
Quick Response Remote Mode
Single-frame [S] mode
|Frame Advance Rate||Up to 5 fps (manual focus, mode M or S, shutter speed 1/250 sec or faster, and other settings at default values)|
|Top Continuous Shooting Speed at full resolution||5 frames per second|
2, 5, 10, 20 sec.; 1 to 9 exposures|
Timer duration electronically controlled
|Exposure Metering System||TTL exposure metering using 420-pixel RGB sensor|
Center-weighted: Weight of 75% given to 8 mm circle in center of frame|
Matrix: 3D color matrix metering II (type G and D lenses); color matrix metering II (other CPU lenses)
Spot: Meters 3.5 mm circle (about 2.5% of frame) centered on selected focus point
0 to 20 EV (Matrix or center-weighted metering at ISO 100 equivalent, f/1.4 lens, at 20°C/68°F)|
2 to 20 EV (Spot metering at ISO 100 equivalent, f/1.4 lens at 20°C/68°F)
|Exposure Meter Coupling||CPU|
Auto (flash off)
Programmed Auto with flexible Program (P)
Shutter-Priority Auto (S)
Auto [Flash Off]
|Exposure Compensation||±5 EV in increments of 1/3EV|
|Exposure Lock||Luminosity locked at detected value with AE-L/AF-L button|
ISO 100 -12,800|
Hi-1 (ISO 25,600)
|Lowest Standard ISO Sensitivity||100|
|Highest Standard ISO Sensitivity||12,800|
|Highest Expanded ISO Sensitivity||1 EV above ISO 12800 (ISO 25600 equivalent)|
|Expanded ISO Sensitivity Options||
1 EV above ISO 12800 (ISO 25600 equivalent)|
Auto ISO sensitivity control available
|High ISO Noise Reduction||
Selected Picture Control can be Modified
|Single-point AF Mode||Yes|
|Dynamic AF Mode||Number of AF points: 11 (3D-tracking)|
|Auto-area AF Mode||Yes|
|Autofocus System||Nikon Multi-CAM 1000 autofocus sensor module with TTL phase det|
|Detection Range||-1 to 19 EV (ISO 100, 68°F/20°C)|
Autofocus (AF): Single-servo AF (AF-S); Continuous-servo AF (AF-C); auto AF-S/AF-C selection (AF-A); predictive focus tracking activated automatically according to subject status|
Manual focus (MF): Electronic rangefinder can be used
Focus can be locked by pressing AE-L/AF-L button|
Focus can be locked by pressing shutter-release button halfway (single-servo AF)
Auto AF-S/AF-C selection (AF-A)|
Face-Priority AF available in Live View only and D-Movie only
Full-time Servo (AF-A) available in Live View only
Manual (M) with electronic rangefinder
Normal area available in Live View and D-Movie only
Predictive focus tracking activated automatically according to subject status
Single-servo AF (AF-S)
Wide area available in Live View and D-Movie only
|Maximum Autofocus Areas/Points||11|
|Autofocus Sensitivity||-1 to +19 EV (ISO 100, 20°C/68°F)|
|Flash Control||TTL: i-TTL flash control using 420-pixel RGB sensor is available with built-in flash and SB-910, SB-900, SB-800, SB-700, SB-600, SB-400 or SB-300; i-TTL balanced fill-flash for digital SLR is used with matrix and center-weighted metering, standard i-TTL flash for digital SLR with spot metering|
|Flash Sync Modes||
Auto with red-eye reduction
Auto slow sync
Auto slow sync with red-eye reduction
Rear-curtain with slow sync
Red-Eye reduction with slow sync
|Flash Compensation||-3 to +1 EV in increments of 1/3 EV|
|Flash-ready indicator||Lights when built-in flash or optional flash unit such as SB-910, SB-900, SB-400, SB-300, SB-80DX, SB-28DX or SB-50DX is fully charged|
|Nikon Creative Lighting System (CLS)||CLS Supported|
|Flash Sync Terminal||Sync Terminal Adapter AS-15 (available separately)|
Fluorescent (7 types)
|Live View Shooting||Yes|
|Live View Lens servo||
Autofocus (AF): Single-servo AF (AF-S); full-time-servo AF (AF-F)|
Manual focus (MF)
|Live View AF-area mode||
|Live View Autofocus||Contrast-detect AF anywhere in frame (camera selects focus point automatically when face-priority AF or subject-tracking AF is selected)|
|Live View Scene Auto Selector||
Auto (flash off) mode
|Movie Metering||TTL exposure metering using main image sensor|
|Movie Maximum recording time||20 min.|
|Movie File Format||MOV|
|Movie Audio recording format||Linear PCM|
|Movie Video Compression||H.264/MPEG-4 Advanced Video Coding|
HD 1,920x1,080 / 60 fps|
HD 1,920x1,080 / 50 fps
HD 1,920x1,080 / 30 fps
HD 1,920x1,080 / 25 fps
HD 1,920x1,080 / 24 fps
HD 1,280x720 / 60 fps
HD 1,280x720 / 50 fps
VGA 640x424 / 30 fps
VGA 640x424 / 25 fps
Built-in microphone, monaural|
Optional external stereo mini-pin jack (3.5mm diameter)
Microphone sensitivity can be adjusted
|Monitor Size||3.0 in. diagonal|
|Monitor Resolution||921,000 Dots|
|Monitor Type||Wide Viewing Angle TFT-LCD|
|Monitor Angle of View||160-degree wide-viewing angle|
Auto Image Rotation|
Full-Frame and Thumbnail (4, 9, or 72 images or calendar)
Playback with Zoom
|In-Camera Image Editing||
NEF (RAW) Processing
Accessory Terminal: Remote Cord: MC-DC2 (available separately); GPS unit: GP-1A (available separately)|
Audio input: Stereo mini-pin jack (3.5-mm diameter)
HDMI output: Type C mini-pin HDMI connector
Video Output: NTSC, PAL
|Wi-Fi Functionality||Eye-Fi Compatible|
|GPS||GP-1A GPS unit|
Chinese (Simplified and Traditional)
|Date, Time and Daylight Savings Time Settings||Yes|
|World Time Setting||Yes|
|Battery / Batteries||EN-EL14a Rechargeable Li-ion Battery|
|Battery Life (shots per charge)||700 shots (CIPA)|
|AC Adapter||EH-5b AC Adapter; requires EP-5A Power Connector (available separately|
|Battery Charger||MH-24 Quick Charger|
|Tripod Socket||1/4 in.|
|Approx. Dimensions (Width x Height x Depth)||4.9 in. (124 mm) x 3.9 in. (98 mm) x 3.0 in. (75.5 mm)|
|Approx. Weight||15.1 oz. (430 g) camera body only|
0–40 °C (+32–104 °F)|
Less than 85% (no condensation)
We understand that your shipping options can sometimes be confusing and you may have questions. We hope that this explanation helps to clarify how your item will arrive to you. Above all, we make every effort to save you money and get your product to you quickly and in fantastic condition.
Shipping information for products on robertscamera.com and usedphotopro.com:
- Your order of new products over $100 will ship free of charge. The free shipping method will come via the standard method of our choice of carrier.
- All USED items in condition ‘GOOD’ or better ship free regardless of price
- Our $100 order total is calculated after all rebates, coupon codes and additional discounts have been applied. Gift cards, freight charges and taxes do not count towards the $100 total.
- *Exceptions to this rule – exceptionally large items (ex: large bags, savage paper, etc.) that are dimensionally weighted by our shipping carriers will not qualify for free shipping and will incur shipping charges
- *Free shipping applies only to the contiguous 48 states. Orders to Alaska, Hawaii, and international locations do not qualify for our free shipping promotions.
- *Any upgraded or expedited shipping choice by the customer will incur an additional charge
- *Items that are special order or drop-shipped from our manufacturers and vendors may be ineligible for free shipping
- *Used items in FAIR or INOPERABLE condition are not eligible for free shipping
- PO Boxes are NOT eligible for free shipping
Due to an increased risk of fraud in the electronics industry, most items ship with signature required on delivery.
The Carriers We Use
We will ship your order in the most cost effective manner available to us.
We utilize multiple carriers to get you the best rate. Those options include, but are not limited to:
- Ground Delivery
- 3rd Day
- 2nd Day
- Next Day
- Home Delivery
- Ground Delivery
- 3rd Day
- 2nd Day
- Next Day
- First Class Mail
- Media Mail
- Priority Mail
- Priority Mail Express
A Few Additional Things To Note
- Shipments to PO boxes can only be shipped via US Postal Service
- PO Boxes are NOT eligible for free shipping
- International shipments may incur additional shipping charges. You will be notified via email of those charges and you can chose at that time to accept or decline. Taxes, duties and other fees may be charged by your destination country. Roberts is not responsible for those fees, nor does Roberts have the ability to estimate those fees. You will be charged all shipping and additional fees associated with any item returned because of non-delivery. This includes but is not limited to: Failure to pay said duties and taxes, incorrect address, not available to receive package in timely manner resulting in package being returned to Roberts or Used Photo Pro.
- Gift Cards ship USPS 1st class or you can use our on-line electronic delivery option and an email will be sent with gift card information
- You will receive an email with your order tracking number once your order has shipped
- Order cut-off times:
- Monday – Friday: Your order will ship same day if your order is placed by 1:00pm EST
- Saturday/Sunday: Any order placed after 1pm on Friday will ship on Monday
ALL ORDERS ARE SUBJECT TO APPROVAL BY OUR PROCESSING DEPARTMENT. WE WILL NOTIFY YOU IN A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME IF YOUR ORDER MAY BE DELAYED.
Our Return PoliciesFor the first 14 days do not complete your manufacturer's warranty cards!
At Roberts Camera / UsedPhotoPro, we understand that sometimes you might have a change of heart and decide that you need to return your product. Therefore, we are proud to offer a 14-day Hassle Free Return Policy. If you would like to return your purchase within fourteen (14) days of receiving it, please contact our customer service department so that we may assist you and issue you a return authorization. Sending merchandise without authorization may delay your return. Items returned must be in the same condition that they were received and must include all items (including box and accessories) that they shipped with in order to be eligible for a full refund.
- All returned merchandise must be accompanied by a sales receipt and be returned within 14 days of purchase.
- All used items over $1500.00 are subject to a 15% restocking fee.
- No refunds or exchanges on special order merchandise.
- All merchandise must be returned in its original packaging. If a warranty card was included, it must be returned BLANK and not completed. Once the warranty card is completed, we cannot help you by exchanging your item and any problems will have to be handled as warranty claims with the manufacturer.
- Merchandise purchased 'As Is' may not be returned for any reason.
- After 14 days, products in new condition will be subject to manufacturer's warranty and the warranty card included with your product should be consulted for information on getting your product serviced or replaced. Roberts Camera will happily mediate this process for you. If you so desire, see our Repair Policies below for more details.
- After 14 days, merchandise cannot be returned to Roberts as new stock.
- After 14 days, functional products may be returned to us as used stock. The value you will be offered for products in this case will be determined by current used market value. To request a quote on the value of your used gear, please click here
- Sales of all sensitized materials including film, paper, video and audio tape are final. There will be no returns, refunds or exchanges on these items.
- Drones: No returns on drones unless due to manufacturer defect. If defective, they must return prior to 7 business days of receiving the item. All repairs on DJI drones must go through dji.com.
Initiate a Return
If there are any questions or problems with your order, please feel free to contact your salesperson or the following web services departments directly, as we will work to get you completely taken care of:
- If your product was ordered via robertscamera.com - please contact us at 1-800-726-5544 or firstname.lastname@example.org to process your return
- If your product was ordered via usedphotopro.com or our eBay store - please contact us at 317-917-7055 or email@example.com to process your return
- If your product was ordered via Amazon, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have a product that you need to return due to initial defect or otherwise, please call us at 1-800-726-5544 to obtain a Return Authorization Number (RA#). If an RA# is not obtained, it may delay any credits or replacements requested.
We know that during the holiday season, you might be purchasing some gifts that cannot always be properly tested out within our standard 14 day return policy. That is why during the holiday season we offer an extended return policy for your convenience! For any purchase made between Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve, please indicate in the gift message area that your purchase is a gift. This will qualify you to return any purchase made during the holiday season NO LATER THAN JANUARY 10th. Your item must be in the same condition that is was received and be returned with the receipt as well as the original packaging to receive a full refund. After January 10th, merchandise cannot be returned to Roberts as new stock. All other return policies apply.
Our Rewards Program
Roberts and UsedPhotoPro appreciate all of our customers very much. We know that you have many, many choices when you shop and we are grateful that you have chosen to place your trust in us. And to reward you for that, we think that you should get a little something back when you shop with us! Therefore, we are very pleased to roll out an updated rewards program to not only say thank you for shopping with us, but also to thank you for sharing us with your friends and family!
Our rewards program gives you the opportunity to earn real money towards your next purchase through signing up for an account with us, shopping, leaving reviews, sharing your purchases and favorite products on Twitter, Facebook or Pinterest, and much, much more. (Hint: We make it pretty easy to earn these points...so take advantage!)
$100 = 100 Points = $1 Spent Earned Cash back
Here are a few rules and then check out our handy chart below to see how you can start earning rewards points today!
- You earn 100 points for every $100 that you spend!
- 100 points = $1 cash back to you!
- Points must be used within 6 months from the date earned, at this point they will expire and you will no longer be able to redeem them.
- There is no limit on how many points you can redeem at a time!
- You must have an account with us to earn and redeem points.
- Not all orders and purchases with Roberts will qualify to earn reward points. Purchases made for business, corporate, government or EDU accounts may not qualify for points and orders placed over the phone may not qualify. Roberts reserves the right to modify this reward policy at any time.
- Rewards points may not be used to purchase gift cards for Roberts Camera or UsedPhotoPro
Points Limits Create an Account (required to earn points) 250 One-time Send a product to a friend 5 Unlimited Have a birthday (must provide a birthday in your account) 100 Once a year automatically Like, tweet, or pin a product page 5 2 per day each Share a purchase on FB or Twitter 10 Once per day each
How We Handle Preorders
We do our best to reflect the price you will be charged to complete your purchase once stock arrives, but due to occasional changes from our manufacturers prices are subject to change until we have the item ready for delivery.
- Your preorder with Roberts adds your name to a waitlist for this equipment. You do not have to pay any money to be added to our waitlist.
- When this product arrives in our warehouse, we will contact you directly to determine if you would like to move forward with the purchase of this product.
- At that time, you will be provided with pricing and a delivery time frame.