Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Never miss a moment with 12fps
The a77II has fast continuous shooting speed— in its class - up to 12 frames per second at full resolution. Equipped with a 79 point AF sensor and advanced auto focus tracking, technology, you never have to miss a moment. The a77II outperforms even more expensive rivals with continuous auto focus and auto exposure when shooting at 12fps at full 24.3MP resolution and can capture up to 60 frames in a single burst when in JPEG fine setting
World’s Most AF points1— 79-point Phase Detection AF System
The a77II is equipped with a newly developed phase detection auto focus system, featuring wide coverage 79 AF points. Fifteen of the AF points are cross-type and placed in the most-frequently-used central area of the sensor. This helps the a77II achieve accurate focusing even with horizontally striped subjects, which line-type AF points typically find challenging. The new AF system also performs well in low-light conditions—as low as EV -2 (ISO 100), which is similar to a moonlit night under which objects are difficult to see even with the naked eye. The new AF algorithm instantly recognizes and reliably tracks the desired subject. The a77II also realizes impressive focusing accuracy, even when a large-aperture lens is mounted, thanks to the f/2.8 AF point placed horizontally in the center of the AF sensor overlapping another AF point.
24.3 Megapixel Stunning Resolution
The a77II houses a large APS-C sensor with approx. 24.3 effective megapixels for incredible detail and gorgeous enlargements. Its high resolving power adopts the same gapless on-chip lens structure as the a7R and features the latest-generation RGB color filter and other cutting-edge device technologies developed by Sony, the number 1 manufacturer of image sensors. The a77II’s image sensor exhibits approximately 20% higher sensitivity and lower noise levels compared to the a77 throughout a wide sensitivity range of ISO 100 to 25,600.
Advanced BIONZ X image processing
The a77II is equipped with the same BIONZ X image processing engine as on the top-of-the-line full-frame models—a7 and a7R. This engine achieves approximately three times the processing speed of previous BIONZ and features all the latest image processing technologies, which are optimized for this model. The result is astonishingly high-speed processing capabilities as well as faithfully reproduced textures and amazing definition.
Detail reproduction technology; enhances fine details
Strong outlines a common characteristic of digital images, are minimized as much as possible to achieve finely detailed images with a natural three-dimensional appearance and naturally depicts subjects as seen by human vision. This increases the ability to depict detailed textures and brings photography another step closer to creating totally realistic, high-quality images.
Diffraction-reducing technology maximizes the optical performance of lenses and produces finer details when shooting with a small aperture setting. Optimal filter processing that best matches the f-number—is applied to correct image points that are blurred, preventing diffraction effects that become an issue when shooting with a deep depth of field and high pixel count. You can therefore depend on finely detailed images even when shooting with a small aperture setting.
Clean Low Light Images with Low Noise and Area-Specific Noise Reduction
The a77II has a wide sensitivity range of ISO 100 to 25,600 for faster shutter speeds and low-light shooting situations. Combined with detail reproduction technology, area-specific noise reduction effectively suppresses noise and realize high-sensitivity images resulting in fine details and less grain from corner to corner.
Instant Sharing via Smartphone with Build-in Wi-Fi® and NFC
Connectivity with smartphones has been simplified with Wi-Fi® and NFC control for one-touch sharing. Simply tap the camera to another NFC-enabled device like a tablet or smartphone and photos are transferred with just one touch. Users need only touch devices to connect; no complex set-up is required. Moreover, when using Smart Remote Control, the camera’s shutter can be conveniently controlled by your smartphone’s touchscreen.
Full HD Movie 1080/60p/60i/24p and Clean Output via HDMI
Take full control when you shoot HD movies and enjoy the full expressive potential of Program, Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority or Manual (P/A/S/M) control in HD movie mode. Capture spectacular HD movies in your choice of super-smooth 60p, standard 60i or cinematic 24p, all at Full HD 1920x1080 resolution. AVCHD™ codec delivers stunning picture quality. MP4 codec offers smaller files for easier upload to the web. You also have the option of capturing uncompressed HD to an optional external recorder for super high bitrate via the clean HDMI output.
Professional Rugged, Weather-Resistant Magnesium Alloy Body
The a77II is a high-quality, high-precision shooting tool built for the real world with a rugged magnesium alloy body that combines high strength with light weight. Sealing around the main buttons, dials, ports and doors are weather-resistant with a double-layered structure that enhances sealing effectiveness at all camera body openings including the media compartment and terminal area. The same high-level resistance to dust and moisture is maintained even when the camera is mounted with the 16-50mm F2.8 (SAL1650) zoom lens, VG-C77AM vertical shooting grip or HVL-F60M flash.
Exceptions EVF - XGA OLED Tru-Finder
There’s never been anything quite like the OLED Tru-Finder™ electronic viewfinder. For size, speed and brightness even after sunset, this is a gem. It begins with 2,359,296 dots for amazing resolution and high contrast ratio for incredible depth and shows 100% frame coverage. OLED reduces motion blur to a bare minimum. You can also see the results of camera adjustments in real time with superb color and detail, including the ability to display the effects of various camera settings, the use of MF Assist and a peaking function for fine-tuning the focus.
Three-way Tilt and Swivel LCD Screen
The a77II incorporates a large 3” TFT LCD with 1,228,800 dots pixel count for bright high resolution and high contrast display making framing and shooting a breeze—even in harsh lighting situations. Tilt it up or down to frame high and low-angle shots that would otherwise be hit-or-miss. Tilt and swivel over the camera for self-portraits. You can even tilt it up and down when you hold the camera in vertical mode! Finally, the monitor folds flush to the camera with the LCD exposed for shooting or protected for travel.
Full-Time Live View in LCD or EVF
You can use both the LCD monitor and OLED Electronic Viewfinder for composing shots in Live View. Both provide a what-you-see-is-what-you-get preview of white balance, focus, depth of field, exposure and 100% framing accuracy, plus informative on-screen displays
Every Lens is Stabilized
The a77II incorporates sensor shift technology called SteadyShot INSIDE™ image stabilization. This means every lens you use—from the widest angle to longest telephoto—Is corrected for camera shake and reduces blur, resulting in crisp and sharp images.
Built-in Flash (Guide Number 12)
To help you shoot more effectively, the camera includes a built-in flash (Guide Number 12) that can also trigger a wireless accessory flash (sold separately). The integrated hot shoe enables you to expand your lighting options with a range of accessory flashes (sold separately).
Long shutter life
A highly durable and reliable shutter unit has been proven to endure approximately 150,000 shutter releases. This durability ensures long-lasting shooting performance, including continuous shooting performance that takes into consideration the large number of photos shot by advanced users.
In The Box
- A77 II Body
- Battery Charger (BC-VM10A)
- Rechargable Battery (NP-FM500H)
- Shoulder Strap
- Accessory Shoe Cap
- Body Cap
- Eye Piece Cup
- Micro USB cable
See more by Sony
|Crop Factor||1.5x (APS-C)|
|Best Available Video Mode||HD (1080)|
|Memory Card Type||SD / SDHC / SDXC|
|Weather-sealed||Splash / Dust|
|Weights and Measurements||
|Service and Warranty Information||
1. Among interchangeable-lens digital cameras equipped with a dedicated phase-detection AF sensor as of May 1, 2014.|
4. Records in 29 minute segments.
7. Requires HDTV and HDMI® cable sold sep.
We understand that your shipping options can sometimes be confusing and you may have questions. We hope that this explanation helps to clarify how your item will arrive to you. Above all, we make every effort to save you money and get your product to you quickly and in fantastic condition.
Shipping information for products on robertscamera.com and usedphotopro.com:
- Your order of new products over $100 will ship free of charge. The free shipping method will come via the standard method of our choice of carrier.
- All USED items in condition ‘GOOD’ or better ship free regardless of price
- Our $100 order total is calculated after all rebates, coupon codes and additional discounts have been applied. Gift cards, freight charges and taxes do not count towards the $100 total.
- *Exceptions to this rule – exceptionally large items (ex: large bags, savage paper, etc.) that are dimensionally weighted by our shipping carriers will not qualify for free shipping and will incur shipping charges
- *Free shipping applies only to the contiguous 48 states. Orders to Alaska, Hawaii, and international locations do not qualify for our free shipping promotions.
- *Any upgraded or expedited shipping choice by the customer will incur an additional charge
- *Items that are special order or drop-shipped from our manufacturers and vendors may be ineligible for free shipping
- *Used items in FAIR or INOPERABLE condition are not eligible for free shipping
- PO Boxes are NOT eligible for free shipping
Due to an increased risk of fraud in the electronics industry, most items ship with signature required on delivery.
The Carriers We Use
We will ship your order in the most cost effective manner available to us.
We utilize multiple carriers to get you the best rate. Those options include, but are not limited to:
- Ground Delivery
- 3rd Day
- 2nd Day
- Next Day
- Home Delivery
- Ground Delivery
- 3rd Day
- 2nd Day
- Next Day
- First Class Mail
- Media Mail
- Priority Mail
- Priority Mail Express
A Few Additional Things To Note
- Shipments to PO boxes can only be shipped via US Postal Service
- PO Boxes are NOT eligible for free shipping
- International shipments may incur additional shipping charges. You will be notified via email of those charges and you can chose at that time to accept or decline. Taxes, duties and other fees may be charged by your destination country. Roberts is not responsible for those fees, nor does Roberts have the ability to estimate those fees. You will be charged all shipping and additional fees associated with any item returned because of non-delivery. This includes but is not limited to: Failure to pay said duties and taxes, incorrect address, not available to receive package in timely manner resulting in package being returned to Roberts or Used Photo Pro.
- Gift Cards ship USPS 1st class or you can use our on-line electronic delivery option and an email will be sent with gift card information
- You will receive an email with your order tracking number once your order has shipped
- Order cut-off times:
- Monday – Friday: Your order will ship same day if your order is placed by 1:00pm EST
- Saturday/Sunday: Any order placed after 1pm on Friday will ship on Monday
ALL ORDERS ARE SUBJECT TO APPROVAL BY OUR PROCESSING DEPARTMENT. WE WILL NOTIFY YOU IN A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME IF YOUR ORDER MAY BE DELAYED.
Our Return PoliciesFor the first 14 days do not complete your manufacturer's warranty cards!
At Roberts Camera / UsedPhotoPro, we understand that sometimes you might have a change of heart and decide that you need to return your product. Therefore, we are proud to offer a 14-day Hassle Free Return Policy. If you would like to return your purchase within fourteen (14) days of receiving it, please contact our customer service department so that we may assist you and issue you a return authorization. Sending merchandise without authorization may delay your return. Items returned must be in the same condition that they were received and must include all items (including box and accessories) that they shipped with in order to be eligible for a full refund.
- All returned merchandise must be accompanied by a sales receipt and be returned within 14 days of purchase.
- All used items over $1500.00 are subject to a 15% restocking fee.
- No refunds or exchanges on special order merchandise.
- All merchandise must be returned in its original packaging. If a warranty card was included, it must be returned BLANK and not completed. Once the warranty card is completed, we cannot help you by exchanging your item and any problems will have to be handled as warranty claims with the manufacturer.
- Merchandise purchased 'As Is' may not be returned for any reason.
- After 14 days, products in new condition will be subject to manufacturer's warranty and the warranty card included with your product should be consulted for information on getting your product serviced or replaced. Roberts Camera will happily mediate this process for you. If you so desire, see our Repair Policies below for more details.
- After 14 days, merchandise cannot be returned to Roberts as new stock.
- After 14 days, functional products may be returned to us as used stock. The value you will be offered for products in this case will be determined by current used market value. To request a quote on the value of your used gear, please click here
- Sales of all sensitized materials including film, paper, video and audio tape are final. There will be no returns, refunds or exchanges on these items.
- Drones: No returns on drones unless due to manufacturer defect. If defective, they must return prior to 7 business days of receiving the item. All repairs on DJI drones must go through dji.com.
Initiate a Return
If there are any questions or problems with your order, please feel free to contact your salesperson or the following web services departments directly, as we will work to get you completely taken care of:
- If your product was ordered via robertscamera.com - please contact us at 1-800-726-5544 or email@example.com to process your return
- If your product was ordered via usedphotopro.com or our eBay store - please contact us at 317-917-7055 or firstname.lastname@example.org to process your return
- If your product was ordered via Amazon, please contact us at email@example.com
- If you have a product that you need to return due to initial defect or otherwise, please call us at 1-800-726-5544 to obtain a Return Authorization Number (RA#). If an RA# is not obtained, it may delay any credits or replacements requested.
We know that during the holiday season, you might be purchasing some gifts that cannot always be properly tested out within our standard 14 day return policy. That is why during the holiday season we offer an extended return policy for your convenience! For any purchase made between Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve, please indicate in the gift message area that your purchase is a gift. This will qualify you to return any purchase made during the holiday season NO LATER THAN JANUARY 10th. Your item must be in the same condition that is was received and be returned with the receipt as well as the original packaging to receive a full refund. After January 10th, merchandise cannot be returned to Roberts as new stock. All other return policies apply.
Our Rewards Program
Roberts and UsedPhotoPro appreciate all of our customers very much. We know that you have many, many choices when you shop and we are grateful that you have chosen to place your trust in us. And to reward you for that, we think that you should get a little something back when you shop with us! Therefore, we are very pleased to roll out an updated rewards program to not only say thank you for shopping with us, but also to thank you for sharing us with your friends and family!
Our rewards program gives you the opportunity to earn real money towards your next purchase through signing up for an account with us, shopping, leaving reviews, sharing your purchases and favorite products on Twitter, Facebook or Pinterest, and much, much more. (Hint: We make it pretty easy to earn these points...so take advantage!)
$100 = 100 Points = $1 Spent Earned Cash back
Here are a few rules and then check out our handy chart below to see how you can start earning rewards points today!
- You earn 100 points for every $100 that you spend!
- 100 points = $1 cash back to you!
- Points must be used within 6 months from the date earned, at this point they will expire and you will no longer be able to redeem them.
- There is no limit on how many points you can redeem at a time!
- You must have an account with us to earn and redeem points.
- Not all orders and purchases with Roberts will qualify to earn reward points. Purchases made for business, corporate, government or EDU accounts may not qualify for points and orders placed over the phone may not qualify. Roberts reserves the right to modify this reward policy at any time.
- Rewards points may not be used to purchase gift cards for Roberts Camera or UsedPhotoPro
Points Limits Create an Account (required to earn points) 250 One-time Send a product to a friend 5 Unlimited Have a birthday (must provide a birthday in your account) 100 Once a year automatically Like, tweet, or pin a product page 5 2 per day each Share a purchase on FB or Twitter 10 Once per day each
How We Handle Preorders
We do our best to reflect the price you will be charged to complete your purchase once stock arrives, but due to occasional changes from our manufacturers prices are subject to change until we have the item ready for delivery.
- Your preorder with Roberts adds your name to a waitlist for this equipment. You do not have to pay any money to be added to our waitlist.
- When this product arrives in our warehouse, we will contact you directly to determine if you would like to move forward with the purchase of this product.
- At that time, you will be provided with pricing and a delivery time frame.